PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reveal First Photographs Of Tom Brady In Team Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else will be tuning in each to catch the Bucs play and compare who wins between BB and Brady?

And I don’t think they play at the same time this year.

I'll be pulling for them both to win.

It will be very interesting if Brady can play long enough to face the Pats next season. I think it's a pretty tall order though. He looked old last year. Probably because he is.

Your opinion is that either TB12 or his new team is invested in making him look older? LMAO -- he's the crypt keeper. There ought to be a pool to decide whether TB12 or Kaep will suffer a career ending injury first. My bet is both are done before the season starts...whenever that is...

I'll take that bet. Loser donates a couple of bucks to the winner's charitable choice. If I win I'll have to decide on one of my favorites or split the amount.

Look at how some people on here talk about him now that he’s gone.....

So far I’ve seen

-he’s washed

-he’s a system QB and Belichick made him and can succeed with anybody

-he gave up on the team last year

-he’s caring more about himself and his other business ventures

So let’s keep things in perspective

Nobody is calling him a system QB and I think Bill proved that last part already in 2008 and the first 4 games of 2016.

Last edited:
Sigh... a simple comment about photographic lighting is the next thing to devolve into stupidity, I guess. Whatever.

As the Moody Blues asked many years ago... isn't life strange?

I've been away from the board for ages, but coming back to these images made me realize something that kind of surprised me.

It was absolutely a privilege to watch Tom Brady the quarterback play football for so many seasons. But over the past several years, Tom Brady the guy had become less and less likable to me. And it's almost a relief to not be rooting for him.

Brady has definitely changed, but not to the point that I'm relieved that I don't have to root for the guy. I would have preferred to see him finish his career here.

He was around for two decades and said and did the right things consistently, even when he was being shafted by the NYFL.

Nobody is calling him a system QB and I think Bill proved that last part already in 2008 and the first 4 games of 2016.
Let’s go through 2008

1. virtually the same team as the undefeated 2007 team minus the QB

2. Played 8 teams across two divisions with one 9-7 winning record

3. Dropped 5 games and missed the playoffs

4. Belichick only missed the playoffs three times with the Patriots as a starter. 2000, 2002, 2008. Is it a coincidence that both times he didn’t have Brady he didn’t do it and 17 out of 18 times with him he did?

5. Cassell did make the playoffs on a Todd Haley coached team that was much weaker 2 years later.

Now let’s look at 2016

1. Jimmy Garopollo proved he could lead a team to the SB.

2. He beat a 7-8-1 Cardinals team that only strung two wins together twice all season

3. He beat a good Miami team but he also played lights out that day so I don’t know how much credit you give the coach if a QB who proved after that he was good has a good day.

4. Yes this was the one impressive Belichick performance when the defense shut out a 9-7 Texans squad.

5. Then they got shut out the following week against a Bills team that Brady dropped 41 on.

6. Brady came back and went 14-1 including winning the SB with that team. So.....

Let’s go through 2008

1. virtually the same team as the undefeated 2007 team minus the QB
Not really. The defense was good in 07, kinda lousy in 08 as I showed already. The talk that Brady would have taken them to 16-0 in 2008 is wishful thinking and nothing more.

2. Played 8 teams across two divisions with one 9-7 winning record
3. Dropped 5 games and missed the playoffs

Nobody is disagreeing they were worse without Brady that year. Take Belichick away from this team and bring in an average coach instead to coach a team with a QB that hadn't started since high school and a defense that fell off the cliff. 6-10 is more like it not 11-5.

4. Belichick only missed the playoffs three times with the Patriots as a starter. 2000, 2002, 2008. Is it a coincidence that both times he didn’t have Brady he didn’t do it and 17 out of 18 times with him he did?

Yes, they were not as good without Brady. Nobody is disagreeing with that.

Now take Belichick off that team and put someone else there. They'd look a lot more like the Colts did in 2011 when they lost Manning.

1. Jimmy Garopollo proved he could lead a team to the SB.

2. He beat a 7-8-1 Cardinals team that only strung two wins together twice all season

3. He beat a good Miami team but he also played lights out that day so I don’t know how much credit you give the coach if a QB who proved after that he was good has a good day.

4. Yes this was the one impressive Belichick performance when the defense shut out a 9-7 Texans squad.

5. Then they got shut out the following week against a Bills team that Brady dropped 41 on.

6. Brady came back and went 14-1 including winning the SB with that team. So.....

Again, take Belichick off that team and put in someone else. 1 win? 0 wins?
He got 3 wins without Brady in 2016 and 11 without Brady in 2008. Scoreboard don't lie.

************ is 2020 a kick in the nuts.

Busiest threads today are pictures of our two best, HOF players wearing the jersey of a team that always sucks.

I think I'll go sneeze on somebody, get fired from my job, and then throw a brick through my neighbor's window.

His last point is true. Look at how much Brady has done with the TB12 method in the past few years. Setting this company up for life after football. This isn’t to say that I think he doesn’t care about football (I think the passion is there), just that he’s more involved with his brand as he’s gotten older.

I don't think there'll be a season. But it'll be interesting, if we do see it, to see 12 taking the Bucs downfield.

...And it's almost a relief to not be rooting for him.
Et tu, Patchicke?

I like winning...Winning's my favorite...and even a 2020 Brady would've helped us win more games this season than the Kid will...

Last edited:
This must be how it felt when SF fans saw Montana go to KC. It’s so weird to see that last name on that particular team’s jersey...
Perhaps, though at least SF had Steve Young waiting in the wings; here in NE however...

Et tu, Patchicke?

I like winning...Winning's my favorite...and TB now in TB would've helped us win more games this season than the Kid...

We don't have an easy schedule this season. A 79 passer rating against good teams cut it last year but it won't this year.

Also really no reason to think Brady would be any better this year than last year, as he is 43 and he proved last year with the talent around him that that's the best he can do.

We don't have an easy schedule this season. A 79 passer rating against good teams cut it last year but it won't this year.

Also really no reason to think Brady would be any better this year than last year, as he is 43 and he proved last year with the talent around him that that's the best he can do.
Look at it like this: If Brady can only muster a 79 with these WRs, how low a rating will Stid produce with the same cast plus 2 over-drafted rookie TEs?

Look at it like this: If Brady can only muster a 79 with these WRs, how low a rating will Stid produce with the same cast plus 2 over-drafted rookie TEs?

If he is asked to run Brady’s offense probably lower. Thankfully BB is a better coach than that.

I would be stunned if Brady doesn’t put up better numbers this year than last regardless of age. The talent he has at the skill positions, there’s no comparison. He’s got 3 TEs who if they played for us last year would’ve been our best one. Not to mention 2 studs at wr.

Only questions remain is can they get something out of the run game and is the OL solid?

I would be stunned if Brady doesn’t put up better numbers this year than last regardless of age. The talent he has at the skill positions, there’s no comparison. He’s got 3 TEs who if they played for us last year would’ve been our best one. Not to mention 2 studs at wr.

Only questions remain is can they get something out of the run game and is the OL solid?

My bad- I meant if he stayed here.

My bad- I meant if he stayed here.

Ah gotcha. Well had he stayed here I would guess the numbers would be a little better but not a huge jump. Just due to hopefully improved health this season and better TE production.

Perhaps, though at least SF had Steve Young waiting in the wings; here in NE however...
That’s the biggest difference tbh. SF knew Young was a stud for years. Also the other important difference is that Montana didn’t play for nearly two full seasons being injured. Like they all kinda knew the right move. With us Brady played the last two seasons could easily light it up this year and Stidham is an unknown. So there’s a lot more uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back