PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: PATRIOTS RUMORS: Teams Interested in Trading for N'Keal Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
PATRIOTS RUMORS: Teams Interested in Trading for N'Keal Harry?
Ian Logue
It's been a tough start for Patriots wide receiver N'Keal Harry in his two NFL seasons, but it sounds like there are teams out there interested in adding him to their roster.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I do think it’s time to cut ties with him as he needs a fresh start elsewhere. Also, the offense won’t waste anymore plays forcing him the ball.

Bill cut former 1st rounder Dom Easley after only two years so Harry leaving won’t shock me.

Yeah I saw that scroll last night on the NFLN...IMO I would sign & draft some more WRs first, before I would consider trading one of the only dudes who (allegedly) knows your playbook...Bill will ask for only a 7th-rounder anyway, so there's no rush to be rid of him...

This will be his last season in New England unless he has a dramatic change of fortunes... Like dorsett in Indy, he just doesn't seem to click here...

I am doubtful the Pats have received calls about him... More like we are letting other teams know he's available

Yeah I saw that scroll last night on the NFLN...IMO I would sign & draft some more WRs first, before I would consider trading one of the only dudes who (allegedly) knows your playbook...Bill will ask for only a 7th-rounder anyway, so there's no rush to be rid of him...
Good morning Cousin Stone et.al,
Great start of the day with silver dollar pancakes made from scratch using sugar, flower, eggs, milk and cottage cheese and topped with fresh blackberries and of course maple syrup. Plus a slice of ham pan heated, orange juice and a mug of coffee with hazelnut. OK I am ready now.

I had mentioned a parting of the ways with Harry of few weeks ago via the trade route.......not for a ridiculous low round pick. There are two trades that intrigue me. I still think BB is a better "trader" and collector of misfit or mismanaged talent in the NFL. Drafting?....Not so much. So is there a way to get something for Harry or perhaps even get a fair trade for Gilmore?

I think there is no secret, the desire for BB to get OBJ here. I think a Trade now for a player like Beckham helps lure other free agents. Some view Belichick as "a curmudgeonly autocrat who hates fun, Beckham is a fan of Belichick who knows what the head coach can get out of his players." Even Cam said he actually is pretty cool.

The Browns need a CB desperately and a WR. Beckham has never meshed with Mayfield for some reason. It has not been bad....just not what it could have been. Even adding one year with the Giants when he was hurt and last year on the Browns and the ACL , he averaged 78 Receptions for the Giants (5 years) and only 48 Receptions for the Browns (2 years) . Last year, he played in 7 games and only had 23 receptions. Ironically if you added those numbers (3 per game) up to a full season...........that is still only 48. Jakobi Meyers had 59 receptions for cryin' out loud!

Gilmore is a piece that the Browns need. They also need a WR. Perhaps this is the new home Harry needs?

Here is what the NFL rumor mill has said. Gilmore is going to be tough to move because of his quad surgery. Now Beckham will be ready for 2021 but still is in rehab on his ACL. The good news is the Browns have the money to throw at Gilmore. The better news is Beckham has a contract until 2023. He's only 28 and younger than Gilmore. His $15mm is actually what you are going to pay for a top WR anyway. Beckham will block.

Now let's take care of Harry. We need a TE? Njoku was a Browns first rounder too. In 2018 he had 4 TDs and 56 receptions with rookie Mayfiled. He was hurt in 2019 and did not see the field in 2020 much. In 5 games started in 2020 he had 19 receptions and 2 TDs. Surely better than all of our TE's combined. He is on his last contract year (and BB has never had any problem with that issue). If he works out....extend him. Njoku is only 24.

Here is a shocker:

Njoku ranks 1st among #NFL TEs with a Pass Block Grade of 83.8, per @PFF. As a pass-catcher, 77% of his Receptions have gone for a First Down. He has a Passer Rating of 125.8 when targeted.

Strait across two player trade:

Gilmore and Harry for OBJ and Njoku.......done!
Thoughts?

DW Toys

Great start of the day with silver dollar pancakes made from scratch using sugar, flower, eggs, milk and cottage cheese and topped with fresh blackberries and of course maple syrup. Plus a slice of ham pan heated, orange juice and a mug of coffee with hazelnut. OK I am ready now.

I had mentioned a parting of the ways with Harry of few weeks ago via the trade route.......not for a ridiculous low round pick. There are two trades that intrigue me. I still think BB is a better "trader" and collector of misfit or mismanaged talent in the NFL. Drafting?....Not so much. So is there a way to get something for Harry or perhaps even get a fair trade for Gilmore?

I think there is no secret, the desire for BB to get OBJ here. I think a Trade now for a player like Beckham helps lure other free agents. Some view Belichick as "a curmudgeonly autocrat who hates fun, Beckham is a fan of Belichick who knows what the head coach can get out of his players." Even Cam said he actually is pretty cool.

The Browns need a CB desperately and a WR. Beckham has never meshed with Mayfield for some reason. It has not been bad....just not what it could have been. Even adding one year with the Giants when he was hurt and last year on the Browns and the ACL , he averaged 78 Receptions for the Giants (5 years) and only 48 Receptions for the Browns (2 years) . Last year, he played in 7 games and only had 23 receptions. Ironically if you added those numbers (3 per game) up to a full season...........that is still only 48. Jakobi Meyers had 59 receptions for cryin' out loud!

Gilmore is a piece that the Browns need. They also need a WR. Perhaps this is the new home Harry needs?

Here is what the NFL rumor mill has said. Gilmore is going to be tough to move because of his quad surgery. Now Beckham will be ready for 2021 but still is in rehab on his ACL. The good news is the Browns have the money to throw at Gilmore. The better news is Beckham has a contract until 2023. He's only 28 and younger than Gilmore. His $15mm is actually what you are going to pay for a top WR anyway. Beckham will block.

Now let's take care of Harry. We need a TE? Njoku was a Browns first rounder too. In 2018 he had 4 TDs and 56 receptions with rookie Mayfiled. He was hurt in 2019 and did not see the field in 2020 much. In 5 games started in 2020 he had 19 receptions and 2 TDs. Surely better than all of our TE's combined. He is on his last contract year (and BB has never had any problem with that issue). If he works out....extend him. Njoku is only 24.

Here is a shocker:

Njoku ranks 1st among #NFL TEs with a Pass Block Grade of 83.8, per @PFF. As a pass-catcher, 77% of his Receptions have gone for a First Down. He has a Passer Rating of 125.8 when targeted.

Strait across two player trade:

Gilmore and Harry for OBJ and Njoku.......done!
Thoughts?

DW Toys
I like it but I don't think the Browns will. I certainly hope they do.

Trading Gilmore & Harry for OBJ & Njoku means that Bill would then need to sign an above-average UFA CB and make CB a top-100 need during the draft...Damn the feckin NFL for stealing our 3rd-rounder & 4th-round comp pick...

So Harry is just getting started?? I thought he was finished. :)

Are any of these mystery teams interested in trading for harry from Canada by any chance?

I hear there are offers for harry that include a 2029 7th round draft pick and a $25 starbucks gift card.

By interested, do you mean they will offer more than a couple of used practice sweatshirts?

When I first saw this thread...I thought it was a recent article...

When I first saw this thread...I thought it was a recent article...
Recycled, but we were all thinking it: ‘is there anybody out there stupid enough to give up something/anything for him and save a roster spot for someone useful?

Like maybe we could get an extra PS long snapper from a non playoff team as insurance. LOL

Cousin DW, why must you always make me drool?
Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

cottage cheese in pancake mix?....uh....DW is hitting the mescaline again...

Wonder if any potential suitors will throw in a six-pack of Heineken, two crushed cigarette butts, and a lottery ticket for N'Keal "The Bust" Harry?

Harry just had a career year with 12 total catches. I think he upped his trade value from a vending machine to a practice squad player in return

Wonder if any potential suitors will throw in a six-pack of Heineken, two crushed cigarette butts, and a lottery ticket for N'Keal "The Bust" Harry?
Heineken is a half decent beer.

Milwaukees Best is more commensurate with N'Kraps value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back