PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Reportedly “Aren’t In it” for WR DeAndre Hopkins

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I’m fine with that if they opt for a guy like Jeudy. They also need another RB, an improved O Line and well a quarterback

I’m fine with that if they opt for a guy like Jeudy. They also need another RB, an improved O Line and well a quarterback
Another RB? If there is one position this team absolutely does not need another is RB. There is obviously Stevenson, the other Harris, Montgomery coming back off injury and Strong...and I believe Taylor is still around.

Looks like they improved the tackle spot. With a new starting RT in Reiff. The depth signing of Anderson, tendering Cajuste and re-signing McDermott. Probably a mid-round draft pick coming as well.

They need a big playmaking receiver. But so far they are filling gaps. And we do not know if we need a QB or not. We'll find that out this season.

Hopefully they sign Morrow to add some speed to the inside backers. That puts them in a great spot come draft day.

They may not be making splashy moves but they are improving the team and filling in holes.

Albert Breer

Didn't he also say there was serious consideration of Jones being dealt to Raiders only for them to sign Garoppolo within the first few hours of the tampering period?

I’m guessing Houston is asking a 1st + for Hopkins.

Speaking of a 1st, would you do that for Jerry Jeudy ? #14 for Jeudy ?

The reason I’d do it, is because you know what you’re getting. You’re getting a young, good #1 receiver who has familiarity with our QB.

Could also be media manipulation. "Pats not in it for Hopkins, going elsewhere." Cardinals read this, say "fine, fine, we'll take a 3rd!" Pats trade for Hopkins.

I’m guessing Houston is asking a 1st + for Hopkins.

Speaking of a 1st, would you do that for Jerry Jeudy ? #14 for Jeudy ?

The reason I’d do it, is because you know what you’re getting. You’re getting a young, good #1 receiver who has familiarity with our QB.

I think u mean cardinals not houston

I like jeudy but not crazy about the 1st rounder price tag

If it was higgins i would be all over it

Patriots Reportedly “Aren’t In it” for WR DeAndre Hopkins
Ian Logue
While the Patriots may have added one receiver on Wednesday, it sounds like there might not be one familiar name coming to Foxboro any time soon.

The post Patriots Reportedly “Aren’t In it” for WR DeAndre Hopkins appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

WTF, complete buzzkill. You guys are going to believe some guy named Ian???

The problem with a Hopkins trade for any team is his $30 million cap hit. Right now only the Bears could afford that. Yes, a team can do cap gymnastics to bring that number down, but it's a bit tougher to justify when the guy is 31. Taking that contract on is a commitment to a mess come 2025 or so. The only way I see Arizona being able to move him is if they agree to eat some of that cap.

I much prefer Jeudy based on the contract, age, and familiarity with Jones. I wonder if Denver would consider a pick swap as part of a deal for Jeudy? No way we give up our 1st flat out. According to the Jimmy Johnson chart, a move from #29 to #14 would be the equivalent value of a first. Using the Rich Hill chart, the same move is roughly equivalent to pick 46, so maybe one of our 4ths and a 3rd next year would finish the job.

Has anyone considered the fact that Hopkins very likely despises Bill O’Brien?? Think this gets lost in all of this.

We can trade our 1st into mid 20s and get an additional 40s pick that we can trade to broncos for Jeudy . And use the mid 20s and 40s on the best available player.

If we sign in OJB then OT no longer becomes a pressing need and we can draft dawaaand Jones or bergeron with the second round pick and use our first round pick on best available player.

If we sign in OJB...and if the queen had nuts she'd be the king

Kind of Happy about this.
PED’s makes me suspicious.
Rather get some youth at that position

Kind of Happy about this.
PED’s makes me suspicious.
Rather get some youth at that position

I agree on getting younger at WR and that D.Hop would only be here until it was time to do a new deal.

That being said…D.Hop would help us evaluate Mac in order to pick up his 5th year option….

I’m happy about this. Good player but leaving his prime

The problem with a Hopkins trade for any team is his $30 million cap hit. Right now only the Bears could afford that. Yes, a team can do cap gymnastics to bring that number down, but it's a bit tougher to justify when the guy is 31. Taking that contract on is a commitment to a mess come 2025 or so. The only way I see Arizona being able to move him is if they agree to eat some of that cap.

I much prefer Jeudy based on the contract, age, and familiarity with Jones. I wonder if Denver would consider a pick swap as part of a deal for Jeudy? No way we give up our 1st flat out. According to the Jimmy Johnson chart, a move from #29 to #14 would be the equivalent value of a first. Using the Rich Hill chart, the same move is roughly equivalent to pick 46, so maybe one of our 4ths and a 3rd next year would finish the job.
How much of the cap hit would we be responsible for ? the bonus has been paid... I don't think we would have to eat that money...

the only issue i have is Hopkins has an out in his deal, so he can opt out of the last season if he hits any of the four established escalators... he has an outside shot at 1 of them... 1305 yards in 2023, which he's capable of, and he can void 2024...

He'd most likely want a new deal after a potential trade, so the above may be moot... But it does need to be considered...

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back