PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2022 Draft Profile, WR, Jameson Williams, Alabama

Yea I get that too. Its no fun drafting prospects that don't play right away. Sometimes it's worth it like Simmons, Easley comes to mind but he should have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick imo (where I had him)

I also agree about what you say about Olave. He could be an upgrade from Agholor or Meyers who might be gone in a few years.

Just think you can get Olave's skill set later and we already have a few interchangeable guys. Getting a true outside threat would do a lot more to further this offense imo.
Well, one thing about this is that the pats have an outside threat for THIS YEAR in Agholor. Unless they extend him, there's likely a hole there for 2023 - and Williams could get some reps this year, learn the system, and be ready to fly a year from now when the position is wide open.

Well, one thing about this is that the pats have an outside threat for THIS YEAR in Agholor. Unless they extend him, there's likely a hole there for 2023 - and Williams could get some reps this year, learn the system, and be ready to fly a year from now when the position is wide open.
Yup plus I really don't look at Agholor as a "true" outside threat even though he's got those skills. I think he's best utilized moving around, taking advantage of certain matchups. Plus he really needs a running mate imo. Plus like you said NA is set to come off the books soon. If we do keep him though Williams & Agholor outside with Bourne & Meyers inside looks pretty tempting. With a little luck that's up there with best WR/TE corp in the division. Of course this assumes Williams pans out but you're hoping for that no matter the prospect.

Also took a quick look at 23 FA and WR market is thin. Idk we'll see.

Last edited:
Double dip with Watson/Metchie and Kyle Phillips. For CB Kyler Gordon / Tariq woolen . For LB - Chad Muma/chenal or Brandon Smith. And best available Offensive lineman after 100.

Doubt if we can draft a NT this draft. Seems a luxury at this point.

Yep. Pick up a couple of Josh Boyces or Brandon Tates in the 4th, rinse and repeat for next year

I have been arguing that they should sign Allen Robinson in free agency, and take WR in the 1st round for the past 2 months. I’m not saying I want him to move out of the 1st, I’m saying that looking at this first couple of rounds of this draft I think that’s what he is going to do. Belichick sucks at drafting WR’s, he passed on Keenan Allen and took Aaron Dobson, he passed on Deebo Samuel and took N’Jeal Harry, it’s a major weakness for him.. I think Mac Jones needs a #1 who can open up the rest of the field for the other receivers, and I would love Jameson Williams with that pick, I just think that he’s going to look at his defensive needs and opt to either take a DT, or move down to add picks.

I have been arguing that they should sign Allen Robinson in free agency, and take WR in the 1st round for the past 2 months. I’m not saying I want him to move out of the 1st, I’m saying that looking at this first couple of rounds of this draft I think that’s what he is going to do. Belichick sucks at drafting WR’s, he passed on Keenan Allen and took Aaron Dobson, he passed on Deebo Samuel and took N’Jeal Harry, it’s a major weakness for him.. I think Mac Jones needs a #1 who can open up the rest of the field for the other receivers, and I would love Jameson Williams with that pick, I just think that he’s going to look at his defensive needs and opt to either take a DT, or move down to add picks.
Oh I know exactly what you meant. I want them to aim high for the pick but knowing them they're gonna go for the second tier WRs later on, so they have an excuse when they turn out to be non contributors

Oh I know exactly what you meant. I want them to aim high for the pick but knowing them they're gonna go for the second tier WRs later on, so they have an excuse when they turn out to be non contributors

I don’t think Belichick cares about having excuses available to him, he’s responsible for the talent he acquires regardless of where he takes it. I think that draft such as this one, which doesn’t seem to have clear tiers of players in the top 120 or so make him inclined to try to build more picks within that grouping over going for a couple of “ upper tier players. Whether I agree with that decision or not tends to depend upon how the picks fall in front of their pick. If 5 WR’s go off the board before #21 then the likelihood of their guy being there decreases significantly, and the same goes for any position. On the other hand if some QB’s rise up the board and push other players down to them then it’s more likely they stay put and take their guy, it just depends upon how they stack their board, and then how the picks go leading up to their pick. I have seen some locks that wipe out the guys I want prior to #21, and others where there are a number of prospects I really like still available when they pick. In the first scenario I’m fine with them trading back, in the second I want them to make the pick. The next month will solidify the top tier of players and give us a much better sense of what they will actually be looking at when they pick in the first. At that point I tend to list the players who will almost certainly be gone before they pick, and then rank the remaining top players according to whom I would take when, a basic proxy list we use when doing mock drafts. I will be very interested in watching the risers snd taller over the next month.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back