PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later

I don't know about you but I would rather go 0-17 than have a receiver who shows up late to a preseason game!
It wasn't a preseason game. It was a pre-game attendance mtg, probably hours before the game and he was a tad late for that. Also, that was >5 weeks ago. But the IBWT hardoes think petty discipline is more important than winning Divisional games, when we all know conference wins will determine that #7 spot.

I don’t think it’s that cut and dry that he was the best wr last year, and while I view him as a better receiver than some of the other guys, I don’t think he’s multiple tiers above them. This isn’t like 5 years ago the staff saying jules is below hogan and dorsett.
It would not surprise me if the coaches said that jakobi was still our best wr last year. There’s probably a reason in their minds that the snap count was allocated the way it was. And jakobi was productive too.

That's irrelevant to the issue. He's better. That's what matters, not how many tiers better he may or may not be. And, as I've said, even if you say Meyers was the #1, that still puts Bourne at the #2, ahead of Agholor and ahead of Parker.

Like I said, Agholor is surprising, but he’s reportedly had a better offseason/preseason. And worth noting it’s not like he’s never produced in the manner KB has. His highest volume year had more yards and TDs than that of KB. I personally prefer KB as a player, but I don’t find it shocking if the coaches said KB was fourth this year after a lackluster preseason.

Agholor's been a starter from year one, and has 88 starts to Bourne's 18. Yet, in all his seasons, even his best season, Agholor's never even hit 900 yards receiving, and he's only exceeded 500 yards in 3 of his 6 seasons, and only once in his last 3 seasons. There's a reason for that, and that reason is Nelson Agholor.

Bourne, meanwhile, has exceeded 500 yards in his last 2 seasons, and last year saw a jump from 667 yards to 800 yards, with a higher catch percentage AND a higher average per catch.

So, the bottom line is that, entering this season, Bourne is a player on the ascent, and Agholor is, well, Agholor.

Naturally, local television news reporters wanted to talk to the hero, and the interview on KYW-TV catapulted Laws to internet fame beyond Philadelphia.

“My man was throwing babies out the window, and we was catching them,” he recounted. “Unlike Agholor.” Laws added a withering stare directly at the reporter as punctuation. The reference might have been elusive for some, but not in Philly, where they love their Eagles, and love to criticize them when they play poorly.

An Eagles Fan Made a Heroic Catch. ‘Unlike Agholor.’ (Published 2019)

It wasn't a preseason game. It was a pre-game attendance mtg, probably hours before the game and he was a tad late for that. Also, that was >5 weeks ago. But the IBWT hardoes think petty discipline is more important than winning Divisional games, when we all know conference wins will determine that #7 spot.
He must have missed the meeting Patrica held where addressed the offense on how he wants nice methodical drives up until the red zone where we lob up a jump ball to a mediocre receiver against a two time all pro corner.

But Agholor could only muster up a measly 28yds against their #2 and 3 CB's their best was on Parker. At that $$$$ he's making plus his all world preseason I think it's not too much to ask for at-least 80yds a game. They need to start getting back better returns on the Agholor investment.
I don’t think Agholor has lived up to his contract, but I don’t think it’s fair to measure by yardage volume in this offense.
We have 6 healthy WRs/TEs that need targets. Some of our top guys will have low stat production every week. We had 2 players above 40 receiving yards last week.
That being said, I’d 100% prefer to have Bourne on the field over Agholor.

At least 80 yds a game?
That's 1,360 yds, only 4 players did that last year, and they are massive Volume guys

That's irrelevant to the issue. He's better. That's what matters, not how many tiers better he may or may not be. And, as I've said, even if you say Meyers was the #1, that still puts Bourne at the #2, ahead of Agholor and ahead of Parker.

Agholor's been a starter from year one, and has 88 starts to Bourne's 18. Yet, in all his seasons, even his best season, Agholor's never even hit 900 yards receiving, and he's only exceeded 500 yards in 3 of his 6 seasons, and only once in his last 3 seasons. There's a reason for that, and that reason is Nelson Agholor.

Bourne, meanwhile, has exceeded 500 yards in his last 2 seasons, and last year saw a jump from 667 yards to 800 yards, with a higher catch percentage AND a higher average per catch.

So, the bottom line is that, entering this season, Bourne is a player on the ascent, and Agholor is, well, Agholor.

An Eagles Fan Made a Heroic Catch. ‘Unlike Agholor.’ (Published 2019)
I agree that Bourne is better. However, when I don’t think there’s a massive gap between players, I leave some room for coaches to form a different opinion based on actually being in the film room, seeing them in practice every day, etc.
I don’t think it’s surprising at all if they think jakobi and Parker are better. I wouldn’t have guessed that they would think Agholor is better, but I wouldn’t say it’s shocking to me.

That being said, I’d 100% prefer to have Bourne on the field over Parker.

fify

Especially in 12- or 21-personnel formations.

Swap out Agholor in favor of Meyers on 3rd downs.

Parker can sit his slow, lazy ass on the bench for awhile.

Bourne should ask for a trade or release. He's being punished for trivial nonsense weeks ago. Imagine if your boss messed with you like that. Hurting his career and future earning power. If they don't stop this nonsense, he'll mentally check out.

Belichick is way past the point of being able to pull this nonsense. Glad kraft is reigning him in. Wannabe tyrant Fat Matt is a fool if he thinks this is good coaching, but he showed that in detroit already i guess.

I agree that Bourne is better. However, when I don’t think there’s a massive gap between players, I leave some room for coaches to form a different opinion based on actually being in the film room, seeing them in practice every day, etc.
I don’t think it’s surprising at all if they think jakobi and Parker are better. I wouldn’t have guessed that they would think Agholor is better, but I wouldn’t say it’s shocking to me.
If that were the true reason that Bourne only played 2 plays that would be fine. But it isn't. Bourne was benched because Patricia favors Parker and Bill wants to let everyone know that Fat Matt's the boss. We'll see how that attitude works going forward and if it's actually what's best for the T-E-A-M team. I'm skeptical right now but it's still early.

Just curious if Bill isn't the best coach of all time who do you think is? And where does Bill land in your opinion?

BB is an amazing coach. BB is also an amazing GM.

But BB also had a really bad offseason as GM last 2 years. They overspent on mediocre talent last year, and the cost and damage of that always hits a year later and it’s happening now. So BB the coach has to pull off some miracle with a medicore talent team with a lot of holes. And BB can’t work miracles without someone like TB who dragged a 31 ranked passing defense to the SB in 2011 or who won it all in 2018 with an arguably medicore team. I think BB will have a poor season as a coach. Hope he doesn’t get disheartened and retire. The mistakes as GM will cost him. Kraft implemented some changes in fromt office but it’ll take a few years for them to pan out.

Last edited:

But BB also had a really bad offseason as GM last 2 years. They overspent on mediocre talent last year, and the cost and damage of that always hits a year later and it’s happening now. So BB the coach has to pull off some miracle with a medicore talent team with a lot of holes. And BB can’t work miracles with someone like TB who dragged a 31 ranked passing defense to the SB in 2011 or who won it all in 2018 with an arguably medicore team. I think BB will have a poor season as a coach. Hope he doesn’t get disheartened and retire. The mistakes as GM will cost him. Kraft implemented some changes in fromt office but it’ll take a few years for them to pan out.
My guess is bill retires if we have a below 4 win season . The talent gap between us and other NFL teams is staggering .

My guess is bill retires if we have a below 4 win season . The talent gap between us and other NFL teams is staggering .
Jesus, below 4 wins? Lol, that's not happening. At worse they get 8 wins imo.

But BB also had a really bad offseason as GM last 2 years. They overspent on mediocre talent last year, and the cost and damage of that always hits a year later and it’s happening now. So BB the coach has to pull off some miracle with a medicore talent team with a lot of holes. And BB can’t work miracles with someone like TB who dragged a 31 ranked passing defense to the SB in 2011 or who won it all in 2018 with an arguably medicore team. I think BB will have a poor season as a coach. Hope he doesn’t get disheartened and retire. The mistakes as GM will cost him. Kraft implemented some changes in fromt office but it’ll take a few years for them to pan out.
Did you know they had a top ten D by opponents scoring every year they made the SB except 2011

Bill picked the talent himself remember that

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back