PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New Patriots LB Judon on Tom Brady: “He intentionally grounds the ball every time”

He's going to be 44, it wasn't avocado ice cream.

It was really good blocking over the decades and being a really smart player.
I think he's done better with his diet than Big Bens done with his. It helped

I think he's done better with his diet than Big Bens done with his. It helped
Ben's diet is beer and doughnuts. George Blanda played to 48 years old in a much rougher game and when player smoked cigarettes on the sideline. Great blocking, rules that make QB's untouchable, and Tom bjust eing situationally aware enough to get rid of the ball has allowed him to persevere. Pliability is great but legs only bend one way.

Ben's diet is beer and doughnuts. George Blanda played to 48 years old in a much rougher game and when player smoked cigarettes on the sideline. Great blocking, rules that make QB's untouchable, and Tom bjust eing situationally aware enough to get rid of the ball has allowed him to persevere. Pliability is great but legs only bend one way.
Have it your way. Diet not a factor for Tom. He wasted his time apparently

To say "Blanda played to age 48" is potentially highly misleading. Yes it was a rougher game, but Blanda only had 106 starts as a QB in the NFL, and only 1 single start as a QB in his 40's. It isn't like he was throwing the ball left and right for 25 years....

To say "Blanda played to age 48" is potentially highly misleading. Yes it was a rougher game, but Blanda only had 106 starts as a QB in the NFL, and only 1 single start as a QB in his 40's. It isn't like he was throwing the ball left and right for 25 years....
Yes but playing to 44 is nothing compared to that. What are you one of those Brady fanboys that believes he has super powers?

You have to understand who you’re conversing with. You can never trust anything from Wozzy. Blanda not only was a backup after age 39 but threw 4,000 career passing attempts. Brady is over 10,000, not even counting postseason.

1621872368881.png

Warren Moon is the closest comp to Brady…also had all the CFL years which makes his longevity remarkable. From 78-98, played the bulk of every season through age 42.

1621872510617.png

Are we arguing QB's get hit at nearly the same rate or ferocity as even the 80's?

You can't touch QB's anymore... but I get it, we're talking about the sacred cow. His urine cures covid.

Forget I said anything, as you can see the fanboys are lining up above to slay any infidels.

Are we arguing QB's get hit at nearly the same rate or ferocity as even the 80's?

You can't touch QB's anymore... but I get it, we're talking about the sacred cow. His urine cures covid.

Forget I said anything, as you can see the fanboys are lining up above to slay any infidels.
Who's arguing that Mr. Exaggeration? Yet another straw man.

Who's arguing that Mr. Exaggeration? Yet another straw man.
Whenever Tom's balls need fluffing, here you are.

Imaginary Brady enemies everywhere...

No. What I am simply doing is (accurately) pointing out that your claim that Blanda played until 48 is misleading. He was not a quarterback for the majority of those years.

He played QB for 9 years, which is not exactly extraordinary for that time period.
No need to get so pissy just because I called out your b.s.....

Whenever Tom's balls need fluffing, here you are.

Imaginary Brady enemies everywhere...
You have an obsession to sneak in ball deflating comments out from left field, totally unsolicited in threads having nothing to do with Brady? Why Rob, I mean Max, I mean Wozzy?

"Let's see, I can take a hit and a 12 yard loss or I can get a do over and use my skill as the GOAT to put the ball where it might be grounding but no ref could ever call it. Hmmm....what should I do?"

And, BTW, I wouldn't look for the refs to start calling this on Brady unless it's blatant like on the opening drive of The Game Whose Name We Do Not Mention...I think Belichick was the closest Pat to that ball.

You have an obsession to sneak in ball deflating comments out from left field, totally unsolicited in threads having nothing to do with Brady? Why Rob, I mean Max, I mean Wozzy?
LOL It's Max Kellerman's secret account! He's still mad about "the Cliff"!!

Go for it. Tell me who was better.

Actually, I'll give you one: Leonard Williams.

Judon is notoriously underrated - the Top 250 list had David Andrews ahead of him. I guess that's why the Ravens handed him $16m on a tag last year.

The knock on him are his sack totals - something BB has never stressed (ask Chandler Jones). Judon fits what the Pats want out of a DE/OLB perfectly.

Shaquil Barrett was the best available at that position, but TB wasn't letting him go...So technically Judon was not the best available...And for the money that was guaranteed I don't know if I wouldn't have signed the younger Trey Hendrickson as well...

Finally lets not forget Brady could have easily gone with the running play that BoB gave him as well but stuck with the pass.

Is there a link anywhere I can read about it, because this is the first time I've seen mentioned of BOB calling for a run...

I also can't shake one of the most egregious non-calls ever in a Ratbirds game in Foxboro, I think during the playoffs. On 3rd down and a few Gronk had perfect position over the middle of the field but long before the ball arrived he had both of his arms wrapped up by the LB behind him. Gronk had no chance to catch the perfect pass.

Don't forget the 2011 AFCC when, during the 3rd quarter, the Murderers' Torrey Smith grabbed Devin McCourty's face mask AND DRAGGED IT WITH HIM for the last 10 yards of his 29-yard catch & TD run...No call, naturally...

Play starts at 1:28:15, face-masking at 1:28:27...

"Player Safety" my ass.

Yes, we agree, the rule states there must be pressure from the defense.

Forget about the text in the NFL rulebook definition of the penalty for a moment. My original comment was in regards to a literal dictionary definition of the words 'intentional' and 'grounding'. The most obvious, deliberate (intentional) incomplete pass (grounding) play from scrimmage is the play call that instructs you to just push the ball straight down near your feet, with zero chance of being complete.

On a side note: spiking the ball to stop the clock only came to be in the 1990s. Prior to that the ball had to be thrown past the line of scrimmage and out of bounds to stop the clock. If I recall correctly John Elway was the first player to use this tactic, and did often enough to give Denver an upper hand on the rest of the league for a little while. (I think he and the Broncos were the first to use the forward shuffle pass as well.

I would assume this tweak of the rules was one of many to give the offense a bit of an edge, to create more scoring and to create more dramatic game endings.

Jim McMahon spiked the ball near the end of the first half of SB20 v Patriots, I'm sure of it.

Shaquil Barrett was the best available at that position, but TB wasn't letting him go...So technically Judon was not the best available...And for the money that was guaranteed I don't know if I wouldn't have signed the younger Trey Hendrickson as well...
I'd take Judon over Barrett. Barrett had a great run and is a terror off the end, but I love Judon's game.

Barrett also stayed with his team and is making 3 (with attainable escalators 4) million more per year than Judon.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back