PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New England Patriots News 04-04, Mock Draft 2.0

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots News 04-04, Mock Draft 2.0
Steve Balestrieri
Farley is an excellent-sized cornerback with outstanding speed and ball skills. He does a terrific job getting his head back around

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

While I appreciate the effort it’s impossible to evaluate any mock draft that just lists the team selections without knowing who was already gone and who else was available at those picks. Nothing personal, this goes for any mock and any team mock that goes with this format.

I’m going to be disappointed if they take a corner in the first. I’m assuming all 5 qb, the top 3 wr, Kyle pitts and Parsons are gone because picking fuller over one of those guys is mock malpractice.

If Fuller is there best the Pats can do at 15 then I would bet the farm on Bill trading back.

I’m going to be disappointed if they take a corner in the first. I’m assuming all 5 qb, the top 3 wr, Kyle pitts and Parsons are gone because picking fuller over one of those guys is mock malpractice.

If Fuller is there best the Pats can do at 15 then I would bet the farm on Bill trading back.
No CORNERS in 1st round, please.

Drafting a DB in the 1st round would be suicide.

If you replace Farley, who has an extensive injury history and is probably a training table regular in the pros, with horn from South Carolina and I would be excited about this mock! The rest was very well done.

Ps: Adding the fattie dt brown helps, but shelvin of lsu would be ideal. (Too bad the monster fattie Davis from Georgia did not declare.)

I understand that this mock was done on a draft simulator, but I will be surprised if Kyle Trask is going to still be available in the third round at #96. It has become apparent that today's NFL places such a premium on quarterbacks that the supply/demand equation is unlike it has been in the past. Too many teams are in need of an upgrade at QB in order to improve from middle of the pack (or worse) to the playoffs.

I will be surprised if he is still available even at #46, never mind #96.

Drafting a DB in the 1st round would be suicide.
Why? Without knowing the inner workings of the team, from the outside looking in, next year CB and OT has the possibility to be an absolute **** show. If the talent is there, you take it. Or you don’t, and I guess you could instead go snag yourself some high priced FA’s so a large portion of your fan base can **** all over you.

Ras-I Farley at #15 absolutely sucks. I was tempted to stop reading the rest of it right then & there...

If I'm going to draft a LT project on Day 2, then I'd rather take a chance with Northern Iowa's Spencer Brown...

I'm ok with Trask at 96...and with BB3 at 122...

I'm Not ok with the WR picks...Why both Stevenson AND Shi Smith? They're the same player! And that's too early for Both of them!!

Instead of another ND OT at 177, I would've picked the best available C/G...

The last 3 picks suck too...Why both Derrick Barnes AND KJ Britt? They're the same player too! And neither of them were known for their coverage abilities either...And if you're looking for a Dime/Weak-side LB at 197, I'd rather see if the Divine Devil from VA Tech is still available...or TCU's Garret Wallow...or Ohio St's Justin Hilliard...BTW, JaCoby Stevens isn't the 6'2/230 beast he was purported to be...6'1/220 is more like it...

Last edited:
Why? Without knowing the inner workings of the team, from the outside looking in, next year CB and OT has the possibility to be an absolute **** show. If the talent is there, you take it. Or you don’t, and I guess you could instead go snag yourself some high priced FA’s so a large portion of your fan base can **** all over you.
I agree with this. CB is far from their greatest need but if the need players you wanted are gone and you believe an All Pro caliber CB is sitting there you take them. Same goes for most positions, you don’t pass on Ed Reed because you think you are OK at safety.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back