PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New England Patriots 2021: Bounce Back Season or More of the Same?

Anywhere from 8 to 10 wins. For us to exceed 10 wins I think Cam or Mac would have to be above average and I don’t see that in Cam and Mac is a rookie.

I mean, you would think just from the players they added that they would improve. I think you need a franchise QB to really be a contender, so I don't see that, but I think they will win a couple more games. I think you need a solid core to be consistent, but consistency is also wrapped around the QB. Teams with off and on QB's usually do not contend very often at least for more than a year. I will say that the act of going into free agency and buying everyone up has never been a standard of winning or consistency.

I believe this is what you mean.
In the AFCCG, you don't expect the refs to do you any favors on the road...usually.

Can you please refresh my memory on what happened?

Our flu-affected defense got gassed, and Forehead got them going. But Brady and Ghost were clutch.

If they have a bad season it will all be on Bill. If Cam has a bad start will he make the change ,or be stubborn and stay status quo,. This is the season where the answer to Bill or Brady gets answered. If they are bad again then it will be clear that the game has passed Bill by and Brady was the reason they were so good.

If they have a bad season it will all be on Bill. If Cam has a bad start will he make the change ,or be stubborn and stay status quo,. This is the season where the answer to Bill or Brady gets answered. If they are bad again then it will be clear that the game has passed Bill by and Brady was the reason they were so good.
It always was Brady more than Bill. That question is already settled.

Great QB > Great coach

In the AFCCG, you don't expect the refs to do you any favors on the road...usually.

Can you please refresh my memory on what happened?

Our flu-affected defense got gassed, and Forehead got them going. But Brady and Ghost were clutch.

Pass Interference was called on Ellis Hobbs ("face-guarding") when nothing of the sort was committed... Then pass interference was Not called on an Indy DB who had his arms All Over poor ol' Bug-Eyes in the EZ...The OPI called against Troy Brown with 4:00 minutes left in the 1st half was Extremely ticky-tacky...

Pass Interference was called on Ellis Hobbs ("face-guarding") when nothing of the sort was committed... Then pass interference was Not called on an Indy DB who had his arms All Over poor ol' Bug-Eyes in the EZ...The OPI called against Troy Brown with 4:00 minutes left in the 1st half was Extremely ticky-tacky...

Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: 2006 AFC Championship | Patriots vs Colts | NFL Full Game - YouTube

1:15:00. Phil Simms: Yeah face guarding! Easy call! :D :D :D

And 2:05:56 - that was "roughing the passer" too. Ok.

Gotta admit Bob Sanders was a monster. He WAS the Colts defense. Probably saved the game on the Pats last realistic chance to put the game away on 3rd and 4.

Last edited:
My first impression not being at training camp and only listening to the Patriots podcast is that we have not established the go to guys on offense. Cam and Mac are holding on to the ball to long. Unfortunately for us Mac is going to need a year, just like Brady, Just like Jimmy G. Cam in the clutch, ain't gonna happen, no track record. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. The defense i just don't know yet until the pads come on. Is the front 7 going to stop the run, boy i hope so. Will the rookies and new faces make an impact on the pass rush, it would be nice. Forecast 9-8. Just would like the go-to guy being consistent. My dream would be Gunner in the slot, great hands (Jules/Welker mode) first downs. Rhamonde, man if he could be like a Curtis Martin/Corry Dillion type back with a 1000 yard rushing and 30 catches we would be in business. Make the first guy miss type of back. I'm guessing a 4-3 on defense and hopefully one of the young linebackers are fast enough to cover TE's'. It would be nice if Dugger could become a Rodney Harrison type Strong safety/slash run stopper enforcer. Hopefully Godchaux can be like Richard Seymour and cause some havoc on run stuffing. I also like this dude Perkins on the edge, rookie, I liked his attitude in an interview, mean sucka, like that alot.

My first impression not being at training camp and only listening to the Patriots podcast is that we have not established the go to guys on offense. Cam and Mac are holding on to the ball to long. Unfortunately for us Mac is going to need a year, just like Brady, Just like Jimmy G. Cam in the clutch, ain't gonna happen, no track record. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. The defense i just don't know yet until the pads come on. Is the front 7 going to stop the run, boy i hope so. Will the rookies and new faces make an impact on the pass rush, it would be nice. Forecast 9-8. Just would like the go-to guy being consistent. My dream would be Gunner in the slot, great hands (Jules/Welker mode) first downs. Rhamonde, man if he could be like a Curtis Martin/Corry Dillion type back with a 1000 yard rushing and 30 catches we would be in business. Make the first guy miss type of back. I'm guessing a 4-3 on defense and hopefully one of the young linebackers are fast enough to cover TE's'. It would be nice if Dugger could become a Rodney Harrison type Strong safety/slash run stopper enforcer. Hopefully Godchaux can be like Richard Seymour and cause some havoc on run stuffing. I also like this dude Perkins on the edge, rookie, I liked his attitude in an interview, mean sucka, like that alot.
Huh? Mac is averaging something on the order of 2.6-2.8 secs to release.

What about gunner is Jules/welker model bra?

Mac is NOT holding on to the ball too long, Salsalife. Both Curran and Perry have reported Mac goes through his reads..1st, 2nd, 3rd...in the time it takes Cam to make the 1st read.

Mac is NOT holding on to the ball too long, Salsalife. Both Curran and Perry have reported Mac goes through his reads..1st, 2nd, 3rd...in the time it takes Cam to make the 1st read.
Yeah I remember Cam being slow last year

Cam at 40:40. Horrible throw. I like Cam and am glad he was brought back to get a shot at a season with a full training camp etc... but he's not looking good imo. I hope he puts all together etc..

Can't wait to see both of them during the preseason games.

Mac at 42:50. That was a great read and quick decision. It's such a good decision I wonder if the coaches told him it was coming because if didn't know it's impressive.

This is from @FlyboyPatsFan Video.

Gotta admit Bob Sanders was a monster. He WAS the Colts defense. Probably saved the game on the Pats last realistic chance to put the game away on 3rd and 4.

I despise Bob Sanders...He targeted opponents' heads with his own, as a human missile...**** him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back