NEW ARTICLE: In a Crowded Patriots Backfield, Keep Your Eyes on Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
In a Crowded Patriots Backfield, Keep Your Eyes on Taylor

Steve Balestrieri

Despite the running back position being arguably the deepest on the team, the Patriots signing of Arizona running back J.J. Taylor as an undraf

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

In a Crowded Patriots Backfield, Keep Your Eyes on Taylor

Steve Balestrieri

Despite the running back position being arguably the deepest on the team, the Patriots signing of Arizona running back J.J. Taylor as an undraf

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Love this kid

Only way he is still a Patriot come fall is the practice squad. He'd have to be Dion Lewis electric to push off any of Michel, White, Burkhead, Harris. Or be a ST maven to push off Bolden.

Well either that or a ton of injuries.

I'd say he has zero shot at making the team, unless he totally kills it at camp. Being that there may not be any preseason games, the UDFAs have to really show up at camp and kill it to make the team. Hopefully we can sneak him to the practice squad.

I don't see Bolden going anywhere - BB learned that lesson well. The guy is way more valuable than his contract $$$.

Michel and Harris aren't going anywhere, either, and Burkhead just took a big pay cut. If Taylor stays, it will likely be as a KR, at least this year. More like, the PS.

Most likely, they aren't playing anyway, so see ya next year.

Burkhead just took a paycut to stay on the team.
Bolden is a cheap money swiss army knife.
Sony is too costly to get rid of this season.

Whites 2020 number mostly all salary. Pats would save over 2 million if he gets traded. James White

Harris hasnt done a thing.

Taylors HC says that he is a team leader.

You watch Taylor score and there is no dancing. Taylor hands that ball to the referee like he is just out there doing his job.

Burkhead just took a paycut to stay on the team.
Bolden is a cheap money swiss army knife.
Sony is too costly to get rid of this season.

Whites 2020 number mostly all salary. Pats would save over 2 million if he gets traded. James White

Harris hasnt done a thing.

Agree on Bolden.
Sony is dirt cheap for the next two years.

White is cheap, too, given what he contributes.

Harris hasn't done a thing? We heard this about James White and about Shane Vereen before him. He'll get his shot.

Let's all hope for the second coming of Sproles. Without that kind of flash, he's a PS guy unless there's an injury to one of the four guys in front of him.

You watch Taylor score and there is no dancing. Taylor hands that ball to the referee like he is just out there doing his job.
Tua hasn't done anything for the Dolphins either and has shown nothing at the NFL level. They should cut him.

edit - responded to the wrong post

I still think theirs a chance we could still cut Burkhead. You don’t agree to a pay cut like that if you aren’t fighting for your NFL life.

Rex has been a solid pro and had some nice moments. But he has been perpetually injured his entire time here and I am hoping we get younger at RB this year.

Yep...and I take the word of the Arizona HC far more than I would that of the Arizona State HC...

Less snaps for Sony is a positive in my book.

Is the backfield that crowded? Besides White (who may miss TB12 dearly), everyone else seems pretty ho-hum or unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes