PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Friday Patriots Notebook 3/22: News and Notes

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Friday Patriots Notebook 3/22: News and Notes
Ian Logue
With nine days left before March comes to an end, Jerod Mayo and the Patriots still find themselves with some key needs ahead of next month's NFL Draft.

The post Friday Patriots Notebook 3/22: News and Notes appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Interesting idea regarding Stephon Gilmore. Not sure that the current regime would opt for a veteran near the end of his career. Brissett is an exception to that philosophy, as the Packer Way was to have a QB sit, watch and learn for his rookie year. All other positions they seem to prefer, from what I have read, to have young players get reps and experience as soon as possible.

NFL Media reporter Nick Shook took a look at the remaining free agents and put together a list of who he feels is the best match for each player, and he penciled Gilmore in with New England.​
"New England makes for a good fit because of what he could bring to his former employer, which offers plenty of familiarity in the form of defensive coordinator DeMarcus Covington (a former assistant during Gilmore’s time there) and Gilmore’s past teammate, Dont’a Hightower, who will serve under coach Jerod Mayo as inside linebackers coach.”​
“Gilmore could share his many years of NFL experience with youngster Christian Gonzalez, whom the Patriots see as the next great New England corner. Who better to show him the way than Gilmore, who earned the Defensive Player of the Year award in New England in 2019?​

Not sure that the current regime would opt for a veteran near the end of his career. Brissett is an exception to that philosophy
Are you saying 32 year old Brissett is nearing the end of his career because of his age .....or........because the skillset of NE's penciled in starter is declining to the point where the writing is on the wall?

Either way............

1711117675093.png

Are you saying 32 year old Brissett is nearing the end of his career because of his age .....or........because the skillset of NE's penciled in starter is declining to the point where the writing is on the wall?

Either way............

View attachment 57192
Still sort of can't believe Brissett is 31 (he'll be 32 in December) ... 2016 doesn't feel that long ago, although I'm starting to say that about a lot of things so I guess that's just what happens the older I get. :rolleyes:

Still sort of can't believe Brissett is 31 (he'll be 32 in December) ... 2016 doesn't feel that long ago, although I'm starting to say that about a lot of things so I guess that's just what happens the older I get. :rolleyes:
I 100 percent co-sign this.

Reactions: Ian

Either way............

View attachment 57192
I should have worded it differently. Due to his skillset/relatively low ceiling.

This will likely be the last time he is a starting QB anywhere, in my opinion - other than occasionally filling in for an injued starter.

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back