PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Former Patriots RB Laurence Maroney on his NFL Career: “I really wish it was better”

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Former Patriots RB Laurence Maroney on his NFL Career: “I really wish it was better”
Ian Logue
Former Patriots running back Laurence Maroney had some promising moments early in his career here in New England, although it sounds like he'd love to have the opportunity to change some things.

The post Former Patriots RB Laurence Maroney on his NFL Career: “I really wish it was better” appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Former Patriots RB Laurence Maroney on his NFL Career: “I really wish it was better”
Ian Logue
Former Patriots running back Laurence Maroney had some promising moments early in his career here in New England, although it sounds like he'd love to have the opportunity to change some things.

The post Former Patriots RB Laurence Maroney on his NFL Career: “I really wish it was better” appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
He is smoking crack if he thinks he was hitting 100yds vs the NYG in SB42. 8 of his 14 carries went for 1yard or less.

Giants had nothing to worry about.

While he looked like if Stevie Wonder was playing RB at times, he did get a pretty raw deal in NE. Way too many times he was set up to fail in obvious running formations with a very weak run blocking line and would get waived off the field if he didn’t get a big gain. They forced him into be being a Corey Dillon or pre LaGarrette Blount type back which Bill laughably tried to do again with Mike Gillislee. The lack of patience for the ground game with Maroney was annoying.

And he ran very hard on that Super Bowl when he got the ball. He would've had a decent game had they committed more to the Giants over pursuing front 7.

Last edited:
His running mate Marion Barber was much better also stronger runner what could have been.

According to Ring Andy 6 it was.

why is Maroney bringing this up NOW? what's the point...it was a thousand years ago... I saw every game he ever played...he started out his career looking the part. hurt one shoulder then the other..turned into a bowling pin. It definitely wasn't his legs or lower body...I think he became gunshy

Rookie Maroney was actually exciting to watch, but maybe it's because I was 11.

He was terrific in 2007, people forget this. Going down with a season ending injury in 2008 is what screwed him up.

Just like with Sony Michel, I was thrilled when the Pats drafted Laurence Maroney. And both times, wound up disappointed.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back