PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Former DE Ninkovich Describes How Patriots Leveraged Brady's Contract Against Players

You "think"?

That's your first mistake. Working without tools.

Look I get it, you are mad Brady is gone. Maybe Yankee Candle can develop the "Brady's Jock" scented candle for you to fragrance your trailer.

Nobody came here or played at a material discount because of Brady. Just because there is an idiot section of this fanbase that so wants to believe that doesn't make it true.

I'm sorry, it's reality.
It is 100% established that some players came here and/or stayed here at a discount for the opportunity to play with a contender. That is not even remotely in dispute here except for those morons such as yourself who have no clue about NE Patriot history.

I am not going to argue the connection between "Tom Brady" and "contender" because that is not the point of this thread. Regardless, it is undeniable to all but the biggest idiots that some players over the past 20 years took less money from NE than they could have gotten elsewhere because they wanted to play for a contender.
Do you want me to name players lost in free agency or traded because their would never re-sign?
If you had half a brain, you would know that wouldn't prove anything. My claim is that "some players came here and/or stayed here at a discount for the opportunity to play with a contender." You giving examples of players who did not do that would not disprove my statement.

Even a 2nd grader's understanding of logic can see that, which is clearly why you have failed so thoroughly.
Hell. there's some idiot quoting Revis on this. Like I guess in some idiot universe, Revis stayed for vet minimum.
Once again, you are too stupid to see the logical flaw in your own statements. Fact is Revis came here for less money than he could have gotten elsewhere. The fact that he did not play (or stay) for "vet minimum" does nothing to negate that statement.
Goebbels once said that if you repeat a big lie enough, people (dumbazzes) will believe it. That's where you are at.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Godwin's Law finally makes it appearance in this thread.

.....and nobody is more experienced and accomplished on very dumb posting.
What? You mean more so than the middle-aged “man” who got banned from here and then, pathetically, signed up again? If that’s the case, then I’ll take a bullet to the head. That would make me lower than pond scum. I’m sorry you still haven’t busted that nut yet, though. Don’t worry. I’m sure that boy you had from the last time you got a nut in will be understanding as he’s questioning why he doesn’t look anything like you.

All NFL teams have tough negotiators. The Eagles have a specific room where the table/floor/chairs is slightly higher on one end than the other. This helps reach deals. Nothing new here.
A room with a step?

They won’t. Welcome to life as just another NFL franchise.
Yup. We'll see if it works in Tampa. It kinda did this season with Fournette and AB. Let’s see if Licht can convince players to take a little less for a chance to win another one with the GOAT. Supposedly Evans has already said he'll take a cut to keep the team together.

I bet the majority of posters have received job offers from other companies for more money then ultimately chose to stay with their current employer (after asking for a couple of extra bucks i'm sure) because of lifestyle, culture, company, work, career, etc.

For people not to correlate that to scenarios like DA's is confounding.

It's the same damn thing (kind of)
Complacency is a career killer. There's no loyalty left, certainly not from corporations toward their employees. If you want a real raise (20%) you've got to move around every 3 years or so.

What rules did they break? Even "Spygate" they were following the letter of the law, if not the spirit.
They were filming the sidelines during a game that cost us a 3rd rounder. They admitted they broke the rules.

So in other words it is a season like every other since 2000. Cool.
Wait, what? We haven't had a capable NFL starting QB since 2000? Lmao

All Amendola had to say was seeing how he is on the back-end of his career, he wanted to maximize his earnings potential.

I really don't understand why pro athletes are afraid of saying that.

Are they afraid fans will think less of them as people?
I mean Amendola can say whatever the f*ck he wants to say. He's a grown azz man and probably doesn't give 2 f*cks what a bunch of posters write about him on a forum.

You guys need to stop acting like your feelings are hurt every time an ex player offers an opinion about "their experience" with "the team" that "they actually played for." Unless someone else "that was actually there" comes out and refutes what these guys are saying, why shouldn't we just take them at their word?

DA was as clutch as any player can be during the playoffs. That's all I care about as a "fan."

Practically no FA came to play with Brady, but because it was an annual chance at a ring. If it would have been JimmyG at the helm being similarly successful they would still be coming. It is just another attempt at myth building to make it about a person.

Primarily money talks, then comes success and thats pretty much it except for the odd case now and then that has a relative on the team (JMac), wants to stay in this area because of family or whatever.
Fournette, AB, and Gronk went to play for Tampa because of Brady. So, it's possible other players did the same here. You just don't know. The myth continues.

BB didnt mishandle anything about the Brady situation. It was the right choice given the options no matter how often you want to pretend the opposite.
Bill Belichick mishandled just about everything related to the Brady situation. It was a poorly handled choice given he had no options for a transition to a new franchise QB. No matter how often you want to pretend the opposite, that GM decision has been a fiasco.

Can someone please start a poll to see how many of us think @patsfanincleveland needs to get back on his medication (lithium).

They were filming the sidelines during a game that cost us a 3rd rounder. They admitted they broke the rules.

yeah the letter of the law was you can't film the sideline and use it during that game and bb took it literally and never used them for that game but goodell fined them a first anyway.

yeah the letter of the law was you can't film the sideline and use it during that game and bb took it literally and never used them for that game but goodell fined them a first anyway.
I was talking about this past season.

Bill Belichick mishandled just about everything related to the Brady situation. It was a poorly handled choice given he had no options for a transition to a new franchise QB. No matter how often you want to pretend the opposite, that GM decision has been a fiasco.

We got the same bottomline while saving about 28M last season plus another 30M+ this year if he had gotten his multi year deal.

This has only been a fiasco in the imaginary world of the cult of Brady.

We got the same bottomline while saving about 28M last season plus another 30M+ this year if he had gotten his multi year deal.

This has only been a fiasco in the imaginary world of the cult of Brady.
What part of:

1. Finishing 7-9 last season
2. Team not having a QB
3. Team not having talent
4. Team not having a top 10 pick

Isn't a fiasco in the imaginary world of the cult of Bill.

What? You mean more so than the middle-aged “man” who got banned from here and then, pathetically, signed up again? If that’s the case, then I’ll take a bullet to the head. That would make me lower than pond scum. I’m sorry you still haven’t busted that nut yet, though. Don’t worry. I’m sure that boy you had from the last time you got a nut in will be understanding as he’s questioning why he doesn’t look anything like you.

Being so fragile only gets you so far.

Maybe Ian has counted on you developing a bit of emotional and spiritual maturity so he doesn't have to suffer from your constant whining and hurt feelings.

Having a pair makes life easier.

Just sayin

Complacency is a career killer. There's no loyalty left, certainly not from corporations toward their employees. If you want a real raise (20%) you've got to move around every 3 years or so.
Absolutely.

I evaluate every year.

What part of:

1. Finishing 7-9 last season
2. Team not having a QB
3. Team not having talent
4. Team not having a top 10 pick

Isn't a fiasco in the imaginary world of the cult of Bill.

Keeping Brady would have not significantly changed anything but 2.) on your list. Except we saved more than 48M in cap space over 20-21 that can be used to start rebuilding a roster that was going nowhere because of a dysfunctional offense.

It is just so insanely funny that the people who seem to be pissed most about us moving on from Brady are the ones who are supposedly Brady fans. You know, the ones who should be happy that he got to move to a stacked team to grab another ring instead of sitting out his final 2-3 years with a cap situation that was prohibitive of a quick rebuild.

He got a ring, we have a lot of space to start reshuffling the roster. It was a total win/win and therefore the right decision. It is that easy.

This is, quite possibly, the dumbest post you’ve ever made.

not sure if we are in a position to really know.....it’s possible Brady just wanted to go somewhere else and that there was no way the pats could pay him and have a winner here at this time.

brady won this year because the TB offense was stacked. And the defense was pretty stacked too.

That won't work anymore when you don't have the GOAT and actually drafted some talent on both sides of the ball.
I will allow history to actually play itself out before insisting what won’t work anymore.

drew Bledsoe was extended for a record 103 million a year AFTER Brady was drafted

fact is that NOBODY knew what the Pats had in Brady yourself included. Which also means you have no idea what you’re looking at now.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back