PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: BREER: Patriots Defensive Players Calling Jones Out in Practice?

Boston's a strange sports town. I bet you could find a few.

Yeah, I guess. There are a few who might have turned on him because they think Brady screwed over the Pats or something, but they are the fringe not anywhere near the mainstream.

Nobody likes Mac except the Brady haters & ‘Belichick system’ sky/animal worshippers on this forum.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

IF this is not just clickbait
THEN I'd like to know who is calling him out -- not by name, but is it the D, is it the WR, is it the OL? What functional sector of the team is having the problem with Mac?

IF this is not just clickbait
THEN I'd like to know who is calling him out -- not by name, but is it the D, is it the WR, is it the OL? What functional sector of the team is having the problem with Mac?
The defense. And I wrote it - it's not clickbait ;)

Unfortunately, there are people that seem to think unless you admit Brady was the best player in NFL history the second he went in to replace Bledsoe back in 2001, you hate Brady. If you believed that Brady was good but not elite during part or most of the first dynasty run, you are a hater who is re-writing history to degrade Brady's legacy for some pro-Belichick or pro-Mac agenda.

I don't think there is a single Patriots fan who hates Brady.
Perfectly put.

From the entry (@turkeyneck):

“It feels to me like a team that knows it doesn’t have a chance. A team that somewhere in the back of its head knows that no matter how well it plays, it doesn’t have the horses to win,” said Breer. “And no matter how well its quarterback plays, he doesn’t have the juice to be able to pull up everybody around him.”

“This is something that showed up in practice. What we saw against Dallas, what we saw against New Orleans, has shown up from Mac Jones in practice to the point where defensive players have called it out in practice and said, ‘You can’t do that, that’s going to get picked off, that’s going to create a turnover.’ And the fact it’s happening in games is a problem and it’s going to cause the team to lose confidence in its quarterback.”

Unfortunately, there are people that seem to think unless you admit Brady was the best player in NFL history the second he went in to replace Bledsoe back in 2001, you hate Brady. If you believed that Brady was good but not elite during part or most of the first dynasty run, you are a hater who is re-writing history to degrade Brady's legacy for some pro-Belichick or pro-Mac agenda.

I don't think there is a single Patriots fan who hates Brady.

Half of the enjoyment was watching him grow, fine tuning his game every season. From dink-dunk to fierce leader to deep threat master - watching that progression was awesome.

If any player put ego aside and played to his strengths, honestly accepting what those strengths were, and always working to improve on the weaknesses, it was Tom.

Half of the enjoyment was watching him grow, fine tuning his game every season. From dink-dunk to fierce leader to deep threat master - watching that progression was awesome.

If any player put ego aside and played to his strengths, honestly accepting what those strengths were, and always working to improve on the weaknesses, it was Tom.
100% agree. That's the best part of watching a young quarterback. It was with Brady, and it was also just as enjoyable during the Cassell season. Both got better and while each had bumps along the way, neither ever regressed mechanically in that regard like Jones has so far this year. Albeit, Cassell had Welker, Moss, and a better offensive line than Jones has, but that's another story ;)

Last edited:
Phil Perry made a statement like this yesterday on Nbcsports but injected some offense players as well had issues with macs ball security.

The players can complain all they want but reality is, the teams issues isn’t just one player or coach it’s all of them.

Mac definitely reads the headlines and wallows in self pity and is unable to use the negative to fuel a fire in himself.

Brady was so great at turning the negatives into a blaze and prove everyone wrong.

From the entry (@turkeyneck):

“It feels to me like a team that knows it doesn’t have a chance. A team that somewhere in the back of its head knows that no matter how well it plays, it doesn’t have the horses to win,” said Breer. “And no matter how well its quarterback plays, he doesn’t have the juice to be able to pull up everybody around him.”

“This is something that showed up in practice. What we saw against Dallas, what we saw against New Orleans, has shown up from Mac Jones in practice to the point where defensive players have called it out in practice and said, ‘You can’t do that, that’s going to get picked off, that’s going to create a turnover.’ And the fact it’s happening in games is a problem and it’s going to cause the team to lose confidence in its quarterback.”
Arrgh. Multitasking at too many levels this AM and got caught out not reading for comprehension.

This kind of calling out (of Mac, not of me :whistle: ) seems productive - if Mac takes it on board and builds on it. If he doesn't it will lead to resentment that others' efforts are being subverted.

Reactions: Ian
Brady haters? Dude, you are the worst poster on the site.
Cool cope yet everyone who takes up the absurd defense of Mac Jones were also coincidently mostly all the same people who thought Belichick the super-genius was moving pieces around a board while the players were all just along for the ride.

Ironically enough, all of said posters who are 1000% wrong about everything 1000% of the time think they’re top notch lol

What is a sky/animal worshiper...

...an Eagles fan? ;)
A dude who watches Patriot games for ten or forty years and attributes the success of the players on the field to the old guy standing on the sidelines in a hoodie literally not playing a single snap.

Might as well start doing rain & snow dances to help bring on a stronger home field advantage.

It’s like watching a Persian army win a tough battle and legit being convinced it’s because of the divine influence of King Xerses who spent the entire afternoon eating grapes.

Same level of delusion.

Last edited:
It’s like watching a Persian army win a tough battle and legit being convinced it’s because of the divine influence of King Xerses who spent the entire afternoon eating grapes.

Same level of delusion.
There have been some pretty awful coaches over the course of this franchise’s history. I would absolutely say, coaching matters.

Cool cope yet everyone who takes up the absurd defense of Mac Jones were also coincidently mostly all the same people who thought Belichick the super-genius was moving pieces around a board while the players were all just along for the ride.

Ironically enough, all of said posters who are 1000% wrong about everything 1000% of the time think they’re top notch lol

Your logic continues to be twisted. You are the worst poster on this site.

This is a moot point. If you watched the Pete Carroll years and the seasons prior to Parcells, your attitude would be quite different. That’s like saying Arians played no part in Brady’s success when that all fell apart down there after he left.

Players may win, but the best coaches lead great players through the big moments and they don’t screw it up. I love Jerod Mayo and I hope all of that works out, but when you take into account he learned most of what he knows having played with Bill, that will matter, and it’s why most are confident about it.

As I’ve said, that day will come eventually. But I don’t think people realize how valuable Belichick has been and the departure of Arians backs that up for everyone who feels it was all Brady.

It was in fact the perfect pairing, and we were lucky to have been alive to both witness and be a part of it.

This is a moot point. If you watched the Pete Carroll years and the seasons prior to Parcells, your attitude would be quite different. That’s like saying Arians played no part in Brady’s success when that all fell apart down there after he left.

Players may win, but the best coaches lead great players through the big moments and they don’t screw it up. I love Jerod Mayo and I hope all of that works out, but when you take into account he learned most of what he knows having played with Bill, that will matter, and it’s why most are confident about it.

As I’ve said, that day will come eventually. But I don’t think people realize how valuable Belichick has been and the departure of Arians backs that up for everyone who feels it was all Brady.

It was in fact the perfect pairing, and we were lucky to have been alive to both witness and be a part of it.
I did watch those years. Of course coaching matters. We’re talking about the SIGNIFICANT number of people and Brady-haters that decided to credit Belichick for Tom’s throws and games as the reason for the ‘Dynasty’ and the winning.

Are we pretending that never happened now?

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back