PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: A Kyle Van Noy Reunion in Foxboro is Far From a Slam Dunk

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
A Kyle Van Noy Reunion in Foxboro is Far From a Slam Dunk
Steve Balestrieri
Van Noy produced 69 tackles, a career-high 10 tackles for loss, six sacks, and 10 quarterback hits for Miami last year

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I'm guessing either Vagiants, Titties, Texans, Murderer-Worshippers or even the J-E-S-T before the NEP...Ex-Pats ain't returning without Brady here if they have just one legit offer somewhere else, especially from one of the teams above...

I would like to see van noy come back, but not on a long term deal and not at anything more than 3 - 4 million per year.

However I think he will have other options and offers and i am ok with him going with one of them.

The salaries people are suggesting to bring Van Noy back are completely unrealistic. 3 - 4 million a year is 2003 Roosevelt Colvin money, and the KVN of 2020 is outproducing the Colvin of '04 - '06. I don't understand it. It's like this board is demanding Van Noy pay financial penance for talking some smack.

Even in this depressed market, Van Noy should be worth around 7 - 8 million on a one-year deal. If he's not being offered that, it means his hip is shot.

I'm guessing either Vagiants, Titties, Texans, Murderer-Worshippers or even the J-E-S-T before the NEP...Ex-Pats ain't returning without Brady here if they have just one legit offer somewhere else, especially from one of the teams above...
I agree he'll look elsewhere first before coming back to the Pats.

The salaries people are suggesting to bring Van Noy back are completely unrealistic. 3 - 4 million a year is 2003 Roosevelt Colvin money, and the KVN of 2020 is outproducing the Colvin of '04 - '06. I don't understand it. It's like this board is demanding Van Noy pay financial penance for talking some smack.

Even in this depressed market, Van Noy should be worth around 7 - 8 million on a one-year deal. If he's not being offered that, it means his hip is shot.
I'd take Colvin all day everyday over the scheme dependent Van Noy.

It’s official: The Dolphins have released linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

The move has been expected for the last week, although the Dolphins were hesitating to make the move official because they wanted to see if they could trade Van Noy. Apparently there were no takers in the trade market.

It's official: Dolphins cut Kyle Van Noy

guess the Dolphins like younger players to fill his position....I mean,yawwwwwwwnnnnnnn...he's ancient history here. Maybe the Raiduhs will kick the tires...I really could care less

guess the Dolphins like younger players to fill his position....I mean,yawwwwwwwnnnnnnn...he's ancient history here. Maybe the Raiduhs will kick the tires...I really could care less
What for him going to the Tits.

Reakwon McMillan is a free agent this year,

I think bb could turn him into the next van noy type reclamation project.

so...I'm reading ancient history and all of a sudden I espy a Phoenician naval raider, the Van Noy, sailing through the straits of Bosphorus under a Turkish flag....looks like the Pats front seven will be as sharp as a scimitar...:ninja:

...the prevailing attitude was that Van Noy returning to New England for a one-year deal, playing himself (again) into a big-money deal was a slam dunk.

to be fair, that wasn’t a slam dunk.

KVN came back on a two-year deal.

which adds an interesting dimension to it. He was cut for cap reasons, after good production last season, so a “prove it” year really shouldn’t be needed. As Balestrieri said “It wasn’t a production issue; Van Noy produced 69 tackles, a career-high 10 tackles for loss, six sacks, and 10 quarterback hits. He also forced two fumbles, recovered two fumbles, and had six passes defensed.” So he produced at the same level that got him the big bucks contract.

But he signed for two years at half what he made last year, while having a good season last year. Seems like a major Beantown discount, and two years makes it seem likely he is thinking about finishing his career with the Patriots. He’s 30, means he’d be 32 when he goes on the market again, coming off two discounted years. Doesn’t look like a recipe for big bucks. Seems to me he knows what he’ll have in NE and he’ll be happy to settle in to do his job and reap the rewards here for the remainder of his career.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back