PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 2009 NFL Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

Ok Here's what the First Round Times will look like. So look at the times that work best for you and pick your 2 teams.

13-Apr
1)Detroit Lions(Broadwayjoe) 8 am
2)St. Louis Rams(Gomezcat) 10 am
3)Kansas City Chiefs(Seneschal2) 12 pm
4)Seattle Seahawks(CanadianPat'sFan) 2 pm
5)Cleveland Browns(Bakes781) 4 pm
6)Cincinnatti Bengals(Zero) 6 pm
7)Oakland Raiders(KevinFaulk-33) 8 pm
8)Jacksonville Jaguars(Irish Hooligan) 10 pm

14-Apr
9)Green Bay Packers(WhiZa) 8 am
10)San Francisco 49ers(SamBamsFan) 10 am
11)Buffalo Bills(Gomezcat) 12 pm
12)Denver Broncos(Seneschal2) 2 pm
13)Washington Redskins 4 pm
14)New Orleans Saints(A.C Vegas) 6 pm
15)Houston Texans(WhiZa) 8 pm
16)San Diego Chargers(VJCPatriot) 10 pm

15-Apr
17)New York Jets(SamBamsFan) 8 am
18)Denver Broncos(Seneschal2) 10 am
19)Tampa Bay Buccaneers(jmt57) 12 pm
20)Detroit Lions(Broadwayjoe) 2 pm
21)Philadelphia Eagles(CanadianPat'sFan) 4 pm
22)Minnesota Vikings(A.C Vegas) 6 pm
23)New England Patriots(Irish Hooligan) 8 pm
24)Atlanta Falcons(Broadwayjoe) 10 pm

16-Apr
25)Miami Dolphins(Mogamedogz) 8 am
26)Baltimore Ravens(Mogamedogz) 10 am
27)Indianapolis Colts(VJCPatriot) 12 pm
28)Philadelphia Eagles(CanadianPat'sFan) 2 pm
29)New York Giants(Bakes781) 4 pm
30)Tennessee Titans(Zero) 6 pm
31)Arizona Cardinals(jmt57) 8 pm
32)Pittsburgh Steelers(KevinFaulk-33) 10 pm

Carolina Panthers,Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys are teams that don't have a first round pick

I thought about taking Jason Smith with this pick. However, Curry is apparently a very special player and a very "safe" pick. I think there is enough depth at OT for the Rams to pick up someone later if they wish to do so.

i see we're off to head start lol interesting choice at 2. OL is a huge need but both picks certainly make for a contrast to the 1st mock already. I will have my pick in tomorrow.

The selection of Eugene Monroe was a no-brainer, as Curry was not going to be my pick. :)

Current LT, Branden Albert (and Monroe's former teammate), will give KC bookend OTs who will protect Cassel for years. In the real draft, Pioli selecting an OT over Curry @ #3 would not surprise me at all.

Man this pick at #4 was really hard considering how the first three picks went. I read everywhere that Crabtree is the man here but with Jones almost 36 and LT needed to be addressed. Jones I think has another good year in him but he did miss four games last season. I just think that making their big FA move and the fourth overall pick should not be at the same position.

I sent my list of choices via PM to CanadianPat'sFan and gomezcat. Do I have to sent this choices to someone other?

The selection of Eugene Monroe was a no-brainer, as Curry was not going to be my pick. :)

Current LT, Branden Albert (and Monroe's former teammate), will give KC bookend OTs who will protect Cassel for years. In the real draft, Pioli selecting an OT over Curry @ #3 would not surprise me at all.

I agree. He's a good pick. I can easily see Pioli going for someone in the trenches. TBH, I can see the top 4 or so (Curry, Monroe, Smith, Stafford) going in any order with the possible exception of Curry @#1. I was really tempted to take Jason Smith/ Eugene Monroe, but Curry is apparently a really special player. We'll see! I was swayed by Spags, thinking that he will want someone to set the tone for his aggressive D style.

I sent my list of choices via PM to CanadianPat'sFan and gomezcat. Do I have to sent this choices to someone other?

I'm sure they will take care of your picks. You can also include me on your PM's as well.

Last edited:

We will take care of you buddy, you just have to introduce I to all those hot Italian women when we visit:p:p:p

I'm going to be out for about five hours, but should be back around 1pm Eastern.

Crabtree was my 1st choice and I was glad to see him get past Seattle. It's funny because back in the previous mock my feeling was Crabtree might have fallen out of the top 10, but since then questions have arisen on the other top prospects. Couple that with the fact that the Browns are evidently offering up Braylon Edwards, this pick seems like an obvious one IMO.

Last edited:
Crabtree was my 1st choice and I was glad to see him get past Seattle. It's funny because back in the previous mock my feeling was Crabtree might have fallen out of the top 10, but since then questions have arisen on the other top prospects. Couple that with the fact that the Browns are evidently offering up Braylon Edwards, this pick seems like an obvious one IMO.

I took a real hard look at Crabtree but as I explained above that TJ was their big FA pickup so to go that high in the draft I was not thrilled with. The combo of the two would have made Hasselbeck very happy but only if he can get the ball to them:D:D If it was real life I would have taken Senchez and got rid of Hasselbeck's 10 million dollar contract for 2010.

Raji was my second choice, I really wanted an OT but as every other mock, the top ones were off the board, Raji was coached by the Bengal's staff at the Senior Bowl, so they know how good he is. I know about the mj scandal but since when the bengals care about charachter.

That's what I think will scare them off Raji and the other tackle on the board. ;) They're trying to rehaul their image and I think there's a couple other defensive players that might go ahead of him.

Last edited:
That's what I think will scare them off Raji and the other tackle on the board. ;) They're trying to rehaul their image and I think there's a couple other defensive players that might go ahead of him.
Tank says hello...

I am going to make the Oakland's selection just to keep things moving, Tank Johnson in Cincy, well they missed out on Ells last year but I bet they are pleased with Raji:)

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back