PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never realized Adalius had such a big mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MoLewis. I had no idea he had received an $8 million dollar option bonus in addition to the $12 million dollar signing bonus. $20 million dollars in bonus money. Wow. I'm hoping he makes ALL Pro this season for that kind of coin.

See, now rather than indiscriminately bashing them at every opportunity, that's the kind of attitude every fan here should have about ALL OUR players...;)

The union and the owners have a partnership and share the pie, if the pie gets bigger, why shouldn't the players get a proportionally bigger piece of it? Especially since they are at a greater risk of injury and maybe cutting their livelihood shorter.. Like it or not, AD has a point and it wouldn't be good business if the players just said "Yeah let's add two more games!" and not get compensated fairly.

The rules already are that if the pie is bigger they get a porportionally bigger piece of it.

Last edited:
Back to the original poster's point, AT does have a big mouth. Wish he put that much effort into playing instead of complaining about a hypothetical.

As to whether they deserve more money or not...does league wide revenue go up? If it does, they shoujld get a share of it...but if it doesn't then why shoujld they? They only signed on to 16 regular season games? We aren't talking union stiffs risking their necks for $8 an hour, they make millions. As long as their share of the total take is the same, they shoujldn't complain. AT would probably be flipping burgers if not for the league, stop gripping so much. At least do it in private, it's ugly to see.

I love the bleeding hearts worrying for poor AT. Do you think he'd share his millions with you if you were out of work?
Firstly..I really do not think it took all that much effort for him to say what he did. It seemed reactive as he was countering Goodell's notion about more season games. I applaud what he said..and I agree a lot if not most of what he said. I suppose that to you if you got paid a ton of money one should not have any principles and just be quiet. That makes sense....NOT!!!
Apparently you do not undesrtand about the CBA and the fact that it does have in it that only 16 games are to be played..and that there are provision for having more..but that it's NOT up to Goodell per se. Actually if it's not in the CBA they have EVERY REASON to complain and should. The fact that they are getting paid millions is another topic..and one where I may be more in agreement, but you should start another thread on that as that is not really the issue here. It's also ugly to see one complain who does not understand all the issues.

I have seen him look pretty bad at OLB when running plays go to his side. But I don't notice him on every play.

I still think he should be a little more discrete in voicing displeasure. Like not voicing it at all. He needs to realize the incredible good fortune he's had (literally). He's not exactly a steelworker having to work for more hours for the same pay. If he doesn't like it, tell it to his union.

Uh, it's his job as player rep to talk about these issues. And the fact is that (by and large) he's right. He makes a lot more valid points than Roger Goodell.

Thanks MoLewis. I had no idea he had received an $8 million dollar option bonus in addition to the $12 million dollar signing bonus. $20 million dollars in bonus money. .

Posts like this make me wonder if it is even worthwhile to document my cap figures:cool:

Posts like this make me wonder if it is even worthwhile to document my cap figures:cool:

I love your work, Miguel. From a blatantly selfish standpoint, you doing the work lets me almost completely ignore the work, because I can just leech off of your page. As long as I know the CBA rules on the subject of the cap, I get to put the actual implementation of them into your capable hands.

Please don't stop doing it. It's more than worthwhile, and thanks for doing it.

Sorry Miguel. I read the $12 million dollar signing bonus but missed the second line about the $8 million dollar option bonus. My oversight. Please forgive.

Herald has article on their website quoting Thomas as saying "he has no regrets for any of his critical comments".

From the CBA (Appendix C - NFL Player Contract)
"PAYMENT. Unless this contract or any collective bargaining agreement in existence during the term of this contract specifically provides otherwise, Player will be paid 100% of his yearly salary under this contract in
equal weekly or biweekly installments over the course of the applicable regular season period, commencing with the first regular season game played by Club in each season.
Unless this contract specifically provides
otherwise, if this contract is executed or Player is activated after the beginning of the regular season, the yearly salary payable to Player will be reduced proportionately and Player will be paid the weekly or biweekly
portions of his yearly salary becoming due and payable after he is activated. Unless this contract specifically provides otherwise, if this contract is terminated after the beginning of the regular season, the yearly salary
payable to Player will be reduced proportionately and Player will be paid the weekly or bi weekly portions of his yearly salary having become due and payable up to the time of termination."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing