PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ Broncos: pregame thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
no “predict the score” thread this week, or is it coming tomorrow..?

Why do we always come out of a bye week so discombobulated after a week off.

We will need to have a huge second half because the first half we are going to look a lot like the Cleveland Browns!

Why do we always come out of a bye week so discombobulated after a week off.

We will need to have a huge second half because the first half we are going to look a lot like the Cleveland Browns!

It is just a lazy narrative that we are coming off BYE weeks badly. We are 8-2 after a BYE since 2012 and those two losses are the Gronk gets held game in Carolina 2013 and the Gronk gets held game against Seattle last year.

In general the Patriots are a team that apart from the first scripted drive of the offense often starts a bit slower because what the coaching staff is brilliant at are adjustments to whatever the opponents are doing. Once the game declares itself usually they pull themselves together at some point. But that is true for any game and not just BYEs.

My biggest fear is the altitude and the Os struggles

I expect Brady to have a tough day, similar to last year - no tds, 5.8 ypa, and 68 qb rating. He had Edelman but no Gronkowski. Brady forced the ball to Edelman all day and only completed 50% of his targets. The offense has been less than stellar, mediocre at best, especially inside the 20. They have 7 touchdowns in their last 4 games - that is pretty bad.
Dion Lewis had a good game. No Hogan, so receivers will be Cooks, Amendola....and? Pats defense better hold Denver to 17 or less, because the Pats will be hard pressed to score many points.

Yeah Pats D will need to have their best game IMO to win this game. I don't see more than 20-23 by the Pats..if that with all the injuries. Not to mention Brady's issues in denver which we all know about. I expect that to continue

Brady sucks at Denver. One day he will realize it and then he'll light them up.

Broncos have turned the ball over 12 times in their own territory this season (most in NFL). Opposing teams have started a drive in Denver territory 18 times this season (most in NFL). The Patriots, Chiefs, Cowboys & Seahawks TOGETHER have faced 16 such drives

Or you know.. maybe finally the offense playing a complete game for the first time in like 3-4 weeks..

Well not having Hogan will hurt. It's time for Dorsett to step it up.

Last time they had Osweiler on board, we were saying they have no offense and yet they scored 30. Granted, it had a lot to do with certain Chris Harper but Denver should not be overlooked. They absolutely can and will score if given opportunity and time.

Here BB's breakdown concentrating on running game that should be key.

Note that DEN OL suffered some setbacks in the last weeks which, of course, is not analysed here;)

If we can't establish the run vs that D and pass rush...we are in for a long night. D also needs to get a couple TOs IMO

We should win this game by double digits but the struggle for tommy in denver's real. I am concerned with the OL. Need to jump on them early. This offense has to start getting into a rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents