PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Lebron is not the best player in the league. Not even close. This isn't 2014 anymore. He's going to be 35 at the beginning of the season. He's a complete liability on defense and he's going to become worse and worse, the older and the slower he gets.

Lebron is at a point where Gronk was last year. Still capable of great plays and contributing to a good team but the days he could carry a team are over. The Lakers couldn't the sniff the playoffs this year, lost a couple of starters, Lebron will be a year older and added AD. That doesn't make them contenders. If they add a third piece like Kemba or Butler, the picture changes. As of right now, they're not.
Plus, his playing more than 60 games is a stretch.

Obviously more, but he's still Lebron James. It's just as likely he heals up and since they have AD he doesn't have to carry the load every night he can rest a bit and be back in form. This wasn't a crippling injury like Hayward's. He still played this year afterwards despite there being nothing to play for.

Yeah he's older, there could be a decline sooner than later. But nobody involved in the NBA would be surprised to see him ball out next year and have it be business as usual.

It kinda just feels like we are hoping that this is when he starts to decline so we can be somewhat vindicated and that it doesn't work out how the Lakers want.

Oh and by the way, Kyrie and AD are friends and it wasn't a secret that he wanted to play with him for awhile and now him and his agent are following everyone associated with the Lakers and Rich Paul. So don't be surprised to see the AD/Kyrie team up in LA with Lebron. That's a title team by the way.

I hate this ****. Lesson should be learned, we wasted a multi year rebuild holding onto assets too long
There's already been a decline.

Every 5-10 years one of the best players in the league decides to screw over their current situation and move heaven and earth in shady backdoor dealings to force their way onto the Lakers. If you look at their history of stars, only Magic Johnson was acquired by a non-shady method. They drafted him when a future pick that became much more valuable than expected when the other team flatlined that season. An honest swindle. Everyone else *****ed and whined and coerced their way to the Lakers: Shaq, Wilt, Kareem.... even high schooler Kobe, and I honestly don't get it. It's just a uniform. As a franchise it's been badly run for over a decade. If anyone can **** up a sure hand it's Rob Pawlinka and Co.

If LeBron, AD, and Third Star TBD play there for five years and win one championship, their fans will go "Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming all things considered compared to the Kobe era or the Magic era." Meanwhile Kawhi Leonard could probably murder his enemies in downtown Toronto in broad daylight right now and the locals would look the other way. The first guy to win a ring in either of the New York franchises will be worshiped forever.

hmm I don't think the circumstances are comparable really.. big difference between guys at the end of their career looking for a ring and guys in their prime conspiring to join forces to create "super teams" - the 08 Celtics turned into a great team, but it's apples to oranges IMO.

They were 30,30,31 years old....they were together longer than LeBron has been in one place.....Lebron is 35 now

No, they can't. Not if they expect to have a full team.

They can but it would require holding up the trade until July 30 which the pelicans have zero impetus to do

Oh don't be wrong, last year's Celts were crazy fun to watch, I love Tatum and his potential.. I'm just annoyed by the general landscape of the NBA now and over the past 10 years.. the LBJ Heat "Big 3", KD going to the Warriors, LBJ to the Lakers etc. I was happy the Raptors and KL won it this year though. I have respect for the Warriors and their crazy run, but KD going there really rubbed me the wrong way.

I got tired of watching guys stagnate while Irving did his thing ..... as a top dog, he sucks because he doesn’t make anyone else better and as your pg, that can’t be the case

Every 5-10 years one of the best players in the league decides to screw over their current situation and move heaven and earth in shady backdoor dealings to force their way onto the Lakers. If you look at their history of stars, only Magic Johnson was acquired by a non-shady method. They drafted him when a future pick that became much more valuable than expected when the other team flatlined that season. An honest swindle. Everyone else *****ed and whined and coerced their way to the Lakers: Shaq, Wilt, Kareem.... even high schooler Kobe, and I honestly don't get it. It's just a uniform. As a franchise it's been badly run for over a decade. If anyone can **** up a sure hand it's Rob Pawlinka and Co.

If LeBron, AD, and Third Star TBD play there for five years and win one championship, their fans will go "Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming all things considered compared to the Kobe era or the Magic era." Meanwhile Kawhi Leonard could probably murder his enemies in downtown Toronto in broad daylight right now and the locals would look the other way. The first guy to win a ring in either of the New York franchises will be worshiped forever.

You won’t get 5 years out of Lebron, and I don’t think any max guys want to get involved with Lebron ..... as for Davis, don’t be surprised if he sours on Lebron and blows the lakers off after next year.....that would be the ultimate kick in the nuts

No, they can't. Not if they expect to have a full team.
They could’ve if the trade happened July 30th or AD waives his trade bonus. I’d rather have them get 2nd tier guys to balance out the roster.

You won’t get 5 years out of Lebron, and I don’t think any max guys want to get involved with Lebron ..... as for Davis, don’t be surprised if he sours on Lebron and blows the lakers off after next year.....that would be the ultimate kick in the nuts
This very well could happen.

1. LA and LeBron will screw this up, just watch.

2. AD and Tatum remind me of each other, in that we are waiting for them to assert themselves with some authority. AD may not end up liking LA as much as he thinks, as the fans and press get down on him and the team when they don't dominate. From a personality standpoint, I think he'd be happier in a small market. He just doesn't know it yet.

3. I'd rather Ainge and the front office keep the picks, and go after one big man and a couple of shooters that have something to prove. I want a team of characters I can root for again. I'm fine if they win 52 games and then show up in the playoffs with attitude. Would rather have that than a 62 win team that's comprised of a bunch of individualists and shows up assuming they'll win.

1. LA and LeBron will screw this up, just watch.
I’m a Lakers fan and I agree with this.

AD may not end up liking LA as much as he thinks, as the fans and press get down on him and the team when they don't dominate. From a personality standpoint, I think he'd be happier in a small market. He just doesn't know it yet.
Dwight Howard left because he was not ready to handle the criticism he unfairly took by the media. He played hurt with a bad back and shoulder yet Steve Nash barely played. The LA media for some bizarre reason protected Steve Nash even though fans heavily criticized him for playing pick up soccer in the off-season after his disastrous first season.

I seriously call up Griffin and ask what getting Lonzo would take. Just see, shouldn't be that much.

Good luck with that.

Lakers were the 4th seed until LeBron went down. So if they stay healthy, they’re going to make the playoffs.

I actually think that’s an insult to the Celtics being compared to the Chargers. lol.

As long as they have Rivers, they will never win.

Fun fact: Brady is 7-0 against Rivers which includes 2-0 in the playoffs.
If the two key pieces, one of whom is beginning his age related breakdown, the other who has struggled to stay healthy his entire career don't break down....

They could’ve if the trade happened July 30th or AD waives his trade bonus. I’d rather have them get 2nd tier guys to balance out the roster.
But supposedly he's refusing to waive his bonus, and at that, my understanding is it only gets them to a bit more than 27 mil.

I seriously call up Griffin and ask what getting Lonzo would take. Just see, shouldn't be that much.
Jrue Holiday interests me far more than Lonzo. The guy can create his own offense and is a beast on D. He's almost too perfect a fit.

Jrue Holiday interests me far more than Lonzo. The guy can create his own offense and is a beast on D. He's almost too perfect a fit.

I hear ya but if I am NO I’d rather have him mentoring the young guys rather than Lonzo. Also the Cs have enough offense, they need a distributor.

waiting until July 30th works against the NOP interests....that 4th pick would not be able to participate in the teams summer programs for starters

Wishful thinking not gonna happen the Lakers adding Davis are already leagues better than the Celtics. With the injury Bug biting the Warriors are going to know hat it feels like to be a average Team. If the Lakers add a few pieces here and there with the Blue Chip Talents have already have they are definitely favorites in now soft West. AD is a Super player make no mistake about that Lebron still one the Greatest players on the planet who still have three to Four Elite years left he's the Brady of Basketball. You said "Don’t be surprised if he sours on Lebron and blows the lakers off after next year??" Going to LA nowadays is a lucrative business decision for any player even better for a Superstar.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back