PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

2. AD and Tatum remind me of each other, in that we are waiting for them to assert themselves with some authority. AD may not end up liking LA as much as he thinks, as the fans and press get down on him and the team when they don't dominate. From a personality standpoint, I think he'd be happier in a small market. He just doesn't know it yet.

AD would be happier in a small market how did it work for Durant leavening that small Market in OKC??

3. I'd rather Ainge and the front office keep the picks, and go after one big man and a couple of shooters that have something to prove. I want a team of characters I can root for again. I'm fine if they win 52 games and then show up in the playoffs with attitude. Would rather have that than a 62 win team that's comprised of a bunch of individualists and shows up assuming they'll win.

Ainge doesn't Draft well outside the Top Five or Six too many Flame outs to list. Our Two Best picks are Brown #3 and Tatum #3. We haven't gotten very lucky outside of the lottery. It's hard to find Big men where we are going to be Drafting.

I got tired of watching guys stagnate while Irving did his thing ..... as a top dog, he sucks because he doesn’t make anyone else better and as your pg, that can’t be the case
He actually made them worse

Average Al opts out ...
I am going against the grain thinking Ainge should let him go and not re negotiate.
I think we would be better off with a true center ... Al is more a PF now.

Average Al opts out ...
I am going against the grain thinking Ainge should let him go and not re negotiate.

Horford bring more than stats to this team. You really think he's just "average."

Horford bring more than stats to this team. You really think he's just "average."
When he wants to play ... no.
But the nights he just coasts out there are increasing - age related I am sure.
I saw him play at the Garden last year vs the Bucks ... he was awesome when in beast mode.

Jesus H Christ, "we" didn't proclaim on national TV that we'd win 7 or 8. If you can't see the difference in that then this is hopeless dialogue. Holy ****, the revisionist historians on this board, and elsewhere, who still fellate this fraud are astounding. He's a great, really great player. He's also a narcissistic, control freak who always takes credit for his teams' successes and NEVER accepts any responsibilities for his teams' failures.

No it’s just stupid. You’re mocking a team that won more titles than us in 30 years and went to twice as many finals than our franchise since the 80’s.

Yeah it was in bad taste to go overboard with promising that **** but that team had success and we aren’t the ones in a place to criticize it

There's already been a decline.

Two years ago he was still the best player in the league. This year he had an injury. Again it’s very likely he come back healed and rested and is the best player in the league again even if not at his prime level. He’s not some scrub. He’s still a super elite guy and the biggest difference maker in the league

Two years ago he was still the best player in the league. This year he had an injury. Again it’s very likely he come back healed and rested and is the best player in the league again even if not at his prime level. He’s not some scrub. He’s still a super elite guy and the biggest difference maker in the league

I'll bet there's some decent wear and tear on that body.......he's still playing 35mpg which is good.....he will need it for the Lakers next year......

my biggest beef is that he's too soft when he's the only big on the floor.......does not exert his will enough when opponents go small ball.....I like him as a player, but teams were having their way against us in the paint

Wishful thinking not gonna happen the Lakers adding Davis are already leagues better than the Celtics. With the injury Bug biting the Warriors are going to know hat it feels like to be a average Team. If the Lakers add a few pieces here and there with the Blue Chip Talents have already have they are definitely favorites in now soft West. AD is a Super player make no mistake about that Lebron still one the Greatest players on the planet who still have three to Four Elite years left he's the Brady of Basketball. You said "Don’t be surprised if he sours on Lebron and blows the lakers off after next year??" Going to LA nowadays is a lucrative business decision for any player even better for a Superstar.

which is why the lakers had to trade 3 good players and 3 1st round picks to get him to LA......potentially for only one year.

I don't see players lining up begging to go there......what will likely happen now is the Irving will sign there and then the soap opera will really start.

1. LA and LeBron will screw this up, just watch.

2. AD and Tatum remind me of each other, in that we are waiting for them to assert themselves with some authority. AD may not end up liking LA as much as he thinks, as the fans and press get down on him and the team when they don't dominate. From a personality standpoint, I think he'd be happier in a small market. He just doesn't know it yet.

3. I'd rather Ainge and the front office keep the picks, and go after one big man and a couple of shooters that have something to prove. I want a team of characters I can root for again. I'm fine if they win 52 games and then show up in the playoffs with attitude. Would rather have that than a 62 win team that's comprised of a bunch of individualists and shows up assuming they'll win.

1. I hope you are right.
2. Tatum was a non-factor at Duke and epitomized the talented player who could never force his will. AD won a 'chip and OWNED the NCAA tournament.
3. I agree with you here, also. But I feel like this is how college fans think...in pro ball, I just want to win, baby.

1. I hope you are right.
2. Tatum was a non-factor at Duke and epitomized the talented player who could never force his will. AD won a 'chip and OWNED the NCAA tournament.
3. I agree with you here, also. But I feel like this is how college fans think...in pro ball, I just want to win, baby.

and yet, when it came to the NBA, Davis went as far as Jrue Holliday, Nicola Mirotic, and Rajon Rondo would take him....to date, Tatum has been a more effective contributor in the playoffs

7 years in the NBA and Davis has 2 winning records to show for it

NBA Prima Donnas' musical chairs act is getting old....

July 1st can't come fast enough for me....

And Al Horford is an EXTREMELY valuable player for us...hope he extends.....anyone who says otherwise...does not know basketball AT ALL.

July 1st can't come fast enough for me....

And Al Horford is an EXTREMELY valuable player for us...hope he extends.....anyone who says otherwise...does not know basketball AT ALL.

depends on how much and for how long.......I like the guy but he is replaceable

depends on how much and for how long.......I like the guy but he is replaceable

Agree...but I would be OK with a two year 50 million deal.....I think he would live up to it and then some more...

Agree...but I would be OK with a two year 50 million deal.....I think he would live up to it and then some more...

I don't have a problem with that.....as I said I like him.......but I would not have a problem going with Capela who is under contract for the next 4 years @ 17.5M/per avg....you can add another reasonably high priced played at that price.....Capela then Austin Rivers, Ricky Rubio, bring back MArcus Morris

Last edited:
I didn't say he was a scrub. He's not TB12 either. He's begun to decline.

Average Al opts out ...

We have a true center. He just needs developing.

This would end if the NBA enforces a more strict salary cap. It’s easy for big market teams like the Lakers to manipulate the cap or not mind going over the cap and paying the luxury tax.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back