PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

The Boston Celtics have emerged as the front-runners to sign Charlotte Hornets point guard Kemba Walker in free agency, league sources tell ESPN.

Walker's eight-year career with the Hornets appears to be coming to close, with owner Michael Jordan no longer determined to extend far enough financially to re-sign his franchise player, league sources tell ESPN.

Walker, a three-time All-Star, is expected to be offered a four-year, $141 million contract from the Celtics when free agency opens Sunday at 6 p.m. ET -- a deal that he's increasingly likely to accept, league sources said.

Sources: Celtics front-runners to sign Kemba

Huge fan of Kemba Walker always been: he would really benefit these shooters already on our roster. And Kemba is a PG who can shoot himself. Not a fan of Rozier running the point here he's too small can't shoot or streaky shooter at best and can't defend.

At a minimum, Charlotte will offer Walker max dollars $35 mill x 4 yrs which is the best any nonCharlotte team can offer.
Without Walker, Charlotte has nothing.
Walker has stated his priority is Charlotte and he would would consider less than super max.

Celts fans should break out the rosary beads and pray for a miracle ....or 2 asteroids.... one leveling Charlotte, the other Dallas.
With the news that Walker is seriously considering Boston, I have adjusted the path of the asteroids ( refer to above quote) and I now live in fear that I am the target.

At least the Celts will be a fun watch for the population that survives the impact.
—————————-
I’m having trouble believing Jordan is punting now.... resulting in no return assets.
If Jordan was never going to pay, foolish not to trade at the deadline.
Therefore
I don’t believe this Walker to the Celtics rumor.
Agent stirring the waters to create Charlotte angst

Hope my skepticism is unfounded and Jordan is just stupid.
Maybe Jordan just lost a huge gambling wager and needs big coin.
Or he just likes the Derek Jeter model of team building.... cheap crappy players and guaranteed TV revenue checks to comfort the partners during the extended era of insignificance

Last edited:
Huge fan of Kemba Walker always been: he would really benefit these shooters already on our roster. And Kemba is a PG who can shoot himself. Not a fan of Rozier running the point here he's too small can't shoot or streaky shooter at best and can't defend.
I like him ... he would fit in well.
I hesitate to get too excited ... we could be used here to get more money from Charlotte.

With the news that Walker is seriously considering Boston, I have adjusted the path of the asteroids ( refer to above quote) and I now live in fear that I am the target.

At least the Celts will be a fun watch for the population that survives the impact.
—————————-
I’m having trouble believing Jordan is punting now.... resulting in no return assets.
If Jordan was never going to pay, foolish not to trade at the deadline.
Therefore
I don’t believe this Walker to the Celtics rumor.
Agent stirring the waters to create Charlotte angst

Hope my skepticism is unfounded and Jordan is just stupid.
Maybe Jordan just lost a huge gambling wager and needs big coin.
Or he just likes the Derek Jeter model of team building.... cheap crappy players and guaranteed TV revenue checks to comfort the partners during the extended era of insignificance

Awwww Awww don't worry borg you have been wrong before hoping you are wrong again.:D If the Durants and Kyries of the world move on the NBA is wide open next year. It should be more competitive across the board Warriors will not be a sure thing to the finals like previous seasons.

I like him ... he would fit in well.
I hesitate to get too excited ... we could be used here to get more money from Charlotte.

Yeah borg pointed that out but it will be up to Kemba in the end the Celtics still have the better young talent across the board.

Yeah borg pointed that out but it will be up to Kemba in the end the Celtics still have the better young talent across the board.
I also think him being the main ball facilitator here makes
us a better fit than Dallas where he would share the ball with Doncic.

I don’t blame the hornets if they don’t want to commit a max deal to kemba. They’ve stunk with him all these years anyway, no reason to make this crappy team more expensive.

GSW and run TMC .... they were pretty good even though Uwe Blab was their 5......top 6 scorers on the team were 6'6" and under...they'll need to bring in some cheapo bigs but with
Walker
Tatum
Brown
Hayward

Time Lord will be in his perfect element, swatting ****, grabbing rebounds and running the rim

GSW and run TMC .... they were pretty good even though Uwe Blab was their 5......top 6 scorers on the team were 6'6" and under...they'll need to bring in some cheapo bigs but with
Walker
Tatum
Brown
Hayward

Time Lord will be in his perfect element, swatting ****, grabbing rebounds and running the rim
Uwe Blab.....my god I haven't heard that name in 30 years. Spent time with the Mavs too. Got in a fight with Roy Tarpley IIRC.

Count me as a skeptic on this move for reasons already mentioned. We are heavily investing in a guy that does not make us a contender.

My ultimate opinion will depend on who we bring in to the front court and if we are going to trade Jaylen Brown.

On a side note I think it would be a great sign that Kemba is going to choose Boston. Remember the belief that Boston can't attract big name FA's.

I don’t blame the hornets if they don’t want to commit a max deal to kemba. They’ve stunk with him all these years anyway, no reason to make this crappy team more expensive.

Jorden was a great player but not much of an owner or manager of the team. Mark Cuban has said that the worse possible NBA strategy is to hang around the 7th or 8th seed every year so that a team isn't really a contender but doesn't get a high lottery pick, and he could have been speaking of the Hornets. Jordan's goal seems to be to make whatever short term move allows the Hornets barely make the playoffs whenever possible to get the playoff checks. The result is a bunch of mediocre players making gigantic salaries. If he was as smart of an owner as he was as a player, he would back off basketball operations and endorse a bottoming out / youth movement plan to build through the draft. It seems crazy to me for a team that lousy to go into the luxury tax to keep Kemba.

I am more than ok with Kemba coming here.

I'd still like a bad-ass in the middle and Enes Kanter ain't it.

A decent center also seemed like a bigger need to me, but maybe none is available for what Danny is willing to spend (in $, tradable players, or draft picks). If Kemba Walker was the free agent goal I'm a bit surprised Danny didn't focus more on big men in the draft, he found out about Horford leaving a few days before the draft.

If we could trade for Clint Capela I'd be stoked. Definitely don't want Kanter that guy is **** on defense.

I live in Central MA. Where is it hostile?

Its not like we celebrate Heydrich's birthday and have or KKK rallies out here...

North Worcester County, northwestern Middlesex County.

An interesting Tweet:

I've been told by a source in Houston that the Boston Celtics have significant interest in being the third team in a Rockets/76ers sign & trade. Speculation: Boston, who has now emerged as the front runner to land Kemba Walker, will try and move in and acquire Clint Capela.

Not breaking news by any means. Pretty mild and expected actually. Boston might be a team more willing to give up assets to be involved compared to Sacramento, which could make a big difference.

How does does South Central LA feel about European types?

South Central LA? You're talking a couple of neighborhoods and 1990's.

Even Compton is very different now. Inglewood, too. Heck, I go to Fox Hills Park in Culver City quite often - my family is usually the only white family there and we are welcomed and feel right at home. Lovely place.

Central MA is more racist than SoCal in my experience, and where I live, the Manhattan-Hermosa-Redondo stretch is very integrated and no one cares. And of course, I'm only speaking anecdotally here, regarding MY experiences.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back