PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name me a highly productive WR in the NFL who is over 6'1" who would thrive in the Patriots System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why didn't they do that in 2006, when they had arguably an even worse WR corps than last year?

Who knows, maybe for the same reason that they started Barrett and ihedigbo at safety in 2011, or Ryan Wendell at center the last two years. Sometimes the Pats make strange personnel decisions, doesn't make them the right call by default.

There's a slew of receivers over 6'1" who could thrive in the Patriots system. As Randy Moss demonstrated, height does not preclude success. The problem is that Belichick doesn't value the position. That's been demonstrated by history.

Jordy Nelson. Runs all the routes both slot and outside, is technically sound, willing run blocker, tough as nails, and doesn't run his mouth

I'm interesting in hearing whom people list, because it seems to me that certain posters here only think certain types of WRs can "fit" in our system. The type they imply seems to be short, slow, and smart.

I would figure that looking for a receiver on whichever teams are already running the Erhardt-Perkins offense would be a good start.

Being short and small has nothing to do with being successful, but if you have only one of those three attributes, then smarts is probably the most important trait. If that wasn't the case then Bethel Johnson would still be in Foxboro, going for over 1,000 yards receiving year in and year out.

By the way, this article is a pretty good primer on the pass offense that the Patriots run and a contrast to the west coast offense.

Speak My Language << Grantland

Paul Richardson I think will be Dynamic. So will Marquise Lee. Wanted to draft either. We should have had Demaryius or Dez Bryant. Could have traded up for Jones or Green, Could have traded for Marshall and Gordon. Could easily trade for Blackmon whose suspension for weed could get reduced and jags would trade him after finding 3 very talented WRs this year. Jags could be offensive juggernaut lol. But they wouldn't be #1 WRs here anyways. They have to be short slow and smart with no more than a 9" vertical. To Make Brady work harder and keep him sharp. I like KT and Dobson as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe