PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry being put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly this could be a good thing. Thomas was looking great, he's a vet who is already adjusted to the NFL. He can fill out the spot and make an immediate impact. Harry can recover and unlike other rookies who suffered injuries in recent years, he'll get a chance to contribute later. Pretty ideal

“Is N’Keal Harry soft?” I’m sure will be this weeks discussion on the sports hub.

That’s a brutal setback.

Are we sure that he cannot attend practice?

Everything I've read says a player on IR can attend all team meetings, activities, games, etc. It seems like being at practice in street clothes would be ok but no practicing.

Not doubting the No, just holding out hope.

Passing attack won’t be as deadly as years past. No gronk and no Harry. He was supposed to be the big man to go downfield.

Please don't let this be Chad Jackson 2.0 please God

Are we sure that he cannot attend practice?

Everything I've read says a player on IR can attend all team meetings, activities, games, etc. It seems like being at practice in street clothes would be ok but no practicing.

Not doubting the No, just holding out hope.
can not practice

It's always comforting to see the same group of bottom tier posters freak out over something stupid.

All right. Now the universe makes sense.

Edit - sucks for our first round pick though. Then the question is, why not just do this earlier? Sigh...

Harry would not have been able to return from IR midseason had they done it earlier

can not practice
I understand he cannot participate in practice. The question is whether he can be there, observe and learn.

Passing attack won’t be as deadly as years past. No gronk and no Harry. He was supposed to be the big man to go downfield.
???? We have other downfield threats.

Last year we started a hobbled Gronk, Dorsett, Hogan and CP

This year we start Jules, Gordon, DT and Dorsett.

I'm fine with this - Thomas is better than Harry and no point rushing N'Keal onto the field.
I hear what you are saying & I agree. However, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that yet another first rounder is on IR... Here’s hoping that by Xmas it’ll be an afterthought.

So we knew about the hamstring, Twitter doc said it looked like he had turf toe, and now they’re calling it an ankle?

Next it will be a calf, then knee, the quad ..... we have 8 weeks

Yay Thomas is back.

Honestly this could be a good thing. Thomas was looking great, he's a vet who is already adjusted to the NFL. He can fill out the spot and make an immediate impact. Harry can recover and unlike other rookies who suffered injuries in recent years, he'll get a chance to contribute later. Pretty ideal

Is there a single player D. Thomas looked great against who is still on an NFL roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe