PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry being put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move over Isaiah Wynn.
Weird, you wish good things for Andrew Luck and Braxton Berrios yet you seem to revel in any Patriots misfortune. Are you sure you're not a troll?

What are the rules about what a player on in season IR can and cant do with the team and when he can return?
CAnt practice but can rehab and attend meetings. Back after week 8 with a short grace period. And as mentioned can practice after week 6

damn, I really was excited about seeing him week 1 . Last year and this year a 1st round pick in on IR !!

What are the rules about what a player on in season IR can and cant do with the team and when he can return?

He can be in the building working with trainers to recuperate. He can attend meetings, fly with the team to road games, and stand on the sideline during the game. Basically, he can do everything but practice and play. Then, in 6 weeks, the Pats can designate him to return allowing him to resume practicing. He can be activated after 8 games and resume playing.

He can be in the building working with trainers to recuperate. He can attend meetings, fly with the team to road games, and stand on the sideline during the game. Basically, he can do everything but practice and play. Then, in 6 weeks, the Pats can designate him to return allowing him to resume practicing. He can be activated after 8 games and resume playing.
Can he attend practice?

Weird, you wish good things for Andrew Luck and Braxton Berrios yet you seem to revel in any Patriots misfortune. Are you sure you're not a troll?
Took you this long to figure that out?o_O

I heard someone mention on TV the other day IR-to return is 6 weeks can start practicing again and then week 8 return.

The Pats are in trouble here.

Edelman is only a few weeks removed from a busted thumb. If this flairs up again?
Dorsett is inconsistent.
The hope is on Gordons last shot at this.
Thomas just signed.

You are right that if these players are injured/unavailable or performing at the bottom of their capabilities then we are in trouble. But can’t you say that about every WR group?

That’s a brutal setback.
He could catch balls with Brady away from the facility. Anyway, we have a great WR corps and Harry has his whole career in front of him and who knows what will happen with other WR over the season....

The Pats are in trouble here.

Edelman is only a few weeks removed from a busted thumb. If this flairs up again?
Dorsett is inconsistent.
The hope is on Gordons last shot at this.
Thomas just signed.

This is nonsense. JE is fine, Thomas is fine, and Dorsett is pretty much the opposite of incinsistent according to his catch rate and his QB.

Phillip is a guy that I’ve played a lot of football with, and I have a lot of trust in – experience is a great thing in football if you use it well, and I think our experience together pays off,” Brady said following the 10-3 preseason win over the Panthers. “I read his body language. I think the great thing about Phil, he takes advantage of his opportunities. A lot of guys have been injured this preseason. Phil plays all three wide receiver positions, remembers all the coaching points from all the times we’ve talked about certain things. Even though he may not have done it, he goes in there and does it the way that Coach wants it done. I love playing with Phil. He’s been a great contributor to our team, and he had a great night.”

His question is not clownish. Why so much gloom and doom?

He could catch balls with Brady away from the facility. Anyway, we have a great WR corps and Harry has his whole career in front of him and who knows what will happen with other WR over the season....
But the problem is it ******s the first round picks development.
Personally id rather have him at practice for the first 8 weeks and inactive in every game than to have obi or Calhoun or gunner or a few others in that spot.

God damnit. I hate this

Im traumatized... and I really hope he doesn't end up busting... I know its waayy too early and it isnt fair to him, but..

Hope he comes back and hits the ground running then

All right. Now the universe makes sense.

Edit - sucks for our first round pick though. Then the question is, why not just do this earlier? Sigh...

But the problem is it ******s the first round picks development.
Personally id rather have him at practice for the first 8 weeks and inactive in every game than to have obi or Calhoun or gunner or a few others in that spot.
Agreed but its probably a legit injury and not just coaches choice.

Reiss tweeted: "Players on short-term IR (such as N'Keal Harry) are eligible to begin practicing after six weeks. They are not eligible to return to the active list and play in games until eight weeks have elapsed since the date of being placed on IR."

Those two weeks of practice for Harry will likely be hugely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe