PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myles Garrett would like to sit down with Rudolph

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
After that incident, he was considering retirement but also told cleveland.com he'd like to sit down with Rudolph:

On sitting down with Rudolph:

“If it were to happen, I’d be fine with it. Not just fine, but I wouldn’t mind it and I’d be happy to make it happen, if there were a way. I’m not sure how I’d go about that, how I’d broach that. I’m not even sure if he’d want to do that but I wouldn’t have a problem sitting down with him and just not talking about the incident, just talking man-to-man, how we move forward, and just being better men and football players and not letting something like that happen again.

“Whether we can do that, I’m not sure, but I’d be willing to extend the olive branch and make that happen.”

The fact he doesn't sound overly remorseful is concerning. Had he really struck Rudolph, that whole incident could have ended differently. :(

I wouldn't give Garrett the time of day if I were Rudolph. That was attempted murder (please don't come at me with Patsfans legal definitions and lawyers). Then Garrett tries to hide behind the race card. There's no "moving forward" - you tried to/could have killed the guy and now he wants to sit down "man to man"? Garrett says he wants to "clear the air". Of what? Garrett almost tried to kill a guy - spare me "heat of the moment" nonsense - and then accused Rudolph of using a racial slur. Garrett should have received a lifetime suspension...

Reactions: Ian
I wouldn't give Garrett the time of day if I were Rudolph. That was attempted murder (please don't come at me with Patsfans legal definitions and lawyers). Then Garrett tries to hide behind the race card. There's no "moving forward" - you tried to/could have killed the guy and now he wants to sit down "man to man"? Garrett says he wants to "clear the air". Of what? Garrett almost tried to kill a guy - spare me "heat of the moment" nonsense - and then accused Rudolph of using a racial slur. Garrett should have received a lifetime suspension...
That was pretty ugly. Imagine if Garrett had struck him directly with the amount of force that it looked like would have hit him. This might be a completely different storyline and we might have instead been following Rudolph’s long-term recovery :(

Garrett should not be able to play in the NFL again.

I love the player but the person is different. He always was different but in the good way. I nerd playing football. He's lucky he's back this year. I might have given him the first four games off.

Why? So he can berate him for being White and other racial abuse?

"X person said the N word" might be the most common libellous accusation on Earth.

Besides, if anyone thinks making a specific sound starting with the letter N warrants violence, you deserve to be called that word.

Last edited:
Why? So he can berate him for being White and other racial abuse?

"X person said the N word" might be the most common libellous accusation on Earth.

Besides, if anyone thinks making a specific sound starting with the letter N warrants violence, you deserve to be called that word.
Yeah...let's not go there.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back