PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My usual rant after a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d light up the defense right now. You wait 7 months to see this game against a good opponent and I saw absolutely no fight from them. We’re better than this.
For most of the game, our DL got no push, You could land a jumbo jet on the pocket space he had. Our defensive backs got torched. We need to get better fast because we’re going to face qbs who are much better than Blake Bortles. There’s no excuse for giving up that many passes over the middle. On offense I’m not as concerned because Tom is still adjusting to this group of receivers. Gronk was a non factor because defenses keep doubling him. I think the passing game will drastically improve once Edelman is back. I have confidence in Sony Michel because I saw him play in college and if we get that kind of explosiveness, we can score more than 20 points.
You call that a rant?

You should've seen some of the posts after the Jordan Richards pick.
Now those were Rants, I tell you what.

Bottom line IMO .. is Patriots needed a perfect game, all 3phases, and coaching...to beat that team in their house in their weather.

Game 2 of the year, sorry , ain't got that. Lots of mistakes.. oh well:rolleyes:

You call that a rant?
Get up in there and show him how it’s done, Captain. :D

If you could pick one issue to address that concerns you the most, what would it be?

If you could pick one issue to address that concerns you the most, what would it be?

Did not seem as though the Pats were as focused as they need be. Preparation?? Attitude?? Not sure what, but they seemed almost distracted...

The Jaguars had a great game plan and the Pats did not counter...

After this incredibly warm summer and early September do not believe the weather had anything to do with it..

Tony Romo got on my nerves yesterday, STFU...

Once the Jags made it 21-3 at half, I said screw it, and hit the hay. A decade ago, i would have stayed awake till game's end. Too old for that crap anymore.

Bortles threw a perfect pass. What did you want him to do, exactly?
turn around and look for the ball as it was obviously a fade route..where did he think the WR could go at that point? Turn the F around and play the ball

jags exploited crossing routes as our LBs and safeties can't cover.

Baffling to me that the Pats invested nothing in the offseason in interior rushers and athletic LB. That, combined with the slowing down of their key defenders (D.McCourty, Chung, Hightower) has led to a unit that will be shredded by decent offenses.

Seems like every move they made this offseason was a dud (WR group, thinking Shelton/Clayborn would improve the DL, keeping J.McCourty on the roster, not using the high draft picks to retool the D but to take a RB and OL)

They just don't have the talent on D to be a quality unit and the "talent" at WR is laughable for a top tier team.

We looked soft, scared and disinterested the loss was inevitable. Jags made some ridiculous plays at WR which were an anomaly and the Pats looked like it was to hot to play and they just wanted out of there.

Actually.. I count 2 turnovers... Brady fumble and missed FG on first drive. That was botched field position low percentage call, which gave ball at midfield. Rather kick to the five and play defense there.

This was part of my early game strategy of ball control and special teams field position... So I was surprised they tried FG.

Only one issue?
There were so many on display yesterday...everyone - players, coaches & zebras - took turns playing the goat (and I don't mean GOAT)...blocking breakdowns, especially on 3rd down...timing breakdowns between QB & WR, especially on 3rd down...no high-level-coverage-demanding WR anywhere in the building...gutless, candy-ass play-calling & strategy...inadequate supply of youthful, athletic talent on defense, especially at LB & Safety...and where the FECK is Derek Rivers? He's inactive while both Keionta Davis AND GeeNo Gruesome takes snaps on 3rd down?!? This situation is heading down the Malcolm Butler Mystery rabbit hole.
Thank Ganja that we face one of the stinkiest sh!thole teams in the league next Sunday night. Just what my Rock and Roll Doctor ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore