PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My usual rant after a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I’d light up the defense right now. You wait 7 months to see this game against a good opponent and I saw absolutely no fight from them. We’re better than this
For most of the game, our DL got no push, You could land a jumbo jet on the pocket space he had. Our defensive backs got torched. We need to get better fast because we’re going to face qbs who are much better than Blake Bortles. There’s no excuse for giving up that many passes over the middle. On offense I’m not as concerned because Tom is still adjusting to this group of receivers. Gronk was a non factor because defenses keep doubling him. I think the passing game will drastically improve once Edelman is back. I have confidence in Sony Michel because I saw him play in college and if we get that kind of explosiveness, we can score more than 20 points

Bortles never got his uniform dirty except when he ran and dove for first downs....No qb spy??

I just can't get my head around this defensive scheme some weeks.

I can see daring a guy to pass if you're going to be aggressive toward the ball and try and pick it. But this defense just sits back, sits back, sits back all the way down the field. They're always in position to make a play on the ball but it always falls in perfectly for these middling QB's. I find it hard to watch and enjoy if they aren't playing man. I'd rather watch them chip away running it than give up huge chunks to Bortles through the air all day. I just don't get it.

It didn't help that the ends were getting held the entire game but the defense just has to get better than this. Most of that game wasn't even enjoyable to watch. They need to play better going forward, especially when your playing a defense that makes it tough on Brady.

I just can't get my head around this defensive scheme some weeks.

I can see daring a guy to pass if you're going to be aggressive toward the ball and try and pick it. But this defense just sits back, sits back, sits back all the way down the field. They're always in position to make a play on the ball but it always falls in perfectly for these middling QB's. I find it hard to watch and enjoy if they aren't playing man. I'd rather watch them chip away running it than give up huge chunks to Bortles through the air all day. I just don't get it.

It didn't help that the ends were getting held the entire game but the defense just has to get better than this. Most of that game wasn't even enjoyable to watch. They need to play better going forward, especially when your playing a defense that makes it tough on Brady.
Don't be so hard on these players. They simply don't have very much talent. Flowers
and Gilmore are their only good players. Jacksonville has 6 Probowl players on defense. As for offense, they have plugged in Patterson at wide receiver even though
he has been a total failure at wr on other teams.

In 2014 we had a lockdown corner in Revis. In 2016 we had butler in his prime but now we don’t. Bill wants it to be Gilmore but it’s not going to happen

In 2014 we had a lockdown corner in Revis. In 2016 we had butler in his prime but now we don’t. Bill wants it to be Gilmore but it’s not going to happen

Gilmore is better than butler in his prime. There’s a reason prime butlers money went to Gilmore and he was relegated to cb2 status last year.

Also last year when he was settling in, he would make many mental mistakes. KC game was a good example

Last year early on the entire secondary sucked, butler included. By the end of the season Gilmore was far and away our best player in the secondary.

Also last year when he was settling in, he would make many mental mistakes. KC game was a good example

1) What does last year have to do with today?

2) While Gilmore did struggle with communication early on, Devin McCourty did a lot of running to the wrong spots himself, at the same time. The KC Game was a good example of Devin McCourty playing probably his worst game as a pro, but everyone blamed Gilmore.

He did. Bortles was excellent today. Don't take that away from the guy. The other guys get paid too.

But they made it easy. How was he able to keep completing throws to wide open receivers in the middle of the field?

I’m not saying Gilmore is terrible but he’s not a lockdown corner. Apparently bortles threw a lot of perfect passes

He abused Rowe far more than Gilmore and Rowe didn’t even finish the first half. A lot of bortles damage were on crossing/drag routes. Are you going to blame Gilmore for those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back