PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Slightly Homerish SB Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
You prediciton is 31/46 is 67%...
Interesting stat I just saw. In the post season, Brady is 16-0 when passing at 66% or better.
(13-10 when less than 66%)...
I chuckle when I see numbers like 13-10 used as the "bad" comparison vs. a "good" stat, then remember that 13 postseason wins alone is one of the all-time top marks.

Regards,
Chris

Wouldn’t it be something if after all the « 90% run when Sony is in » talk that BB decides to transform Michel into James White in the last game of the season !??!?
I think the prop bet of "Michel over 0.5 receptions" is plus-something. Seems inviting.

Regards,
Chris

Tougher game than I want or others expect. Best DL Pats have faced this year and it’s not even close.

I feel very good going into this game. The offense has had an incredible post season, again.
In 2 games we have put up 88 points 66 first downs (that’s an unbelievable number) and 1022 yards. Tom Brady has not been sacked.
In the last 3 postseasons, the patriots average game has been 35.5 points 471 yards and 29 first downs.
In those 8 games Brady has is 246/371 2960. 18 td 5 int.
That’s an average game of about 31/46/370 with over 2 TDs and less than 1 pick.

Defensively we have dominated the first half in the post season this year allowing 7 points and 155 total yards. All the points and 67 of the yards were on the opening drive of the first game, after that 8 first half defensive drives added up to no points and 88 yards allowed. The second half defense has not been so good but that could be partially due to garbage time (vs chargers) and field position and shaky penalties (vs kc).
The rams defense does not worry me a lot. Offensively they are good but have slowed down from their pace to start the year. I think we will focus on Gurley and take away the run early, while we jump out in front and make them become more one-dimensional, at which point Goff will become mistake prone.
I see this as finally the comfortable SB win where we get out to an early lead and are in control although as we play against the clock more than the scoreboard it may end closer than it was.
I see patriots 37 rams 27. In the predict the score thread in order to have a chance to win I had the rams at 16 so I hope I get that one right!!!

I expect Brady will be right around that 31/46/370 and we will run for over 100 and top 500 yards of offense again.
I expect Hightower and Flowers to be disruptive on defense and Gilmore to blanket whoever he is on and JC will get an int among 2 takeaways.

The dynasty lives!!!

Well, let’s hope you’re right and my Pats 34-33 prediction is wrong.

Im afraid the defense they have on paper show up. Other than that I'm confident. I think our defense has improved a lot, but they are still giving up chunks of points in the end of the games and I worry if the Rams offense find their way early it can get ugly.

Also I'm worried Talib will try to take Gronk or Edelman out of the game, he's a punk so if I'm BB I give the order to take him away first if the chance presents itself.

Rams DL has a much better chance of disrupting Brady than the Patriots DL does of disrupting Goff. That's a huge concern of mine. And if the Patriots fall behind early, Suh & Donald have the opportunity to tee off.

Another concern: Special teams. If the Pats face 4th down at the Rams 42 yard line, they will punt. A 4th down at the Patriots 42 yard line by the Rams will be a fg attempt. Points is huge in a game like this. Absolutely cannot afford any missed chip shot fg's in this game. No bad snaps or holds either. And kick the ball out of the endzone.

I had posted this in the AFC Championship game thread and I will do it again here:

I almost never post in the "Predict the score" thread but when I do, I am 100% wrong. Thus, I am posting today as I did in the AFC Championship game!

Unfortunately, I think two things will work against the Pats. Suh and Talib. I think both will have major impacts this game. Because of that, I think the Pats O will struggle.

Rams: 38
Pats: 17

You’re wrong. Again. Tell us how wrong you were in picking the Chargers. And the Chiefs. Go away troll.

I know you’ve been saying that but in his last 13 playoff games brady has thrown:
At least 35 times every game
40+ in 10 of 13 (38,38,35 the other 3)
50+ 5 times
Averaged over 46 a game

And thrown 46 and 44 times this year.
I know, I know..... I've been uneven with the run-first prediction.

I do see 40+runs and 35-40 throws for Tom.

I’m just not going to believe brady and this offense can be stopped in the post season and while it’s almost impossible for a defense to be lights out with the rules now, this d has showed an ability to dominate portions of a game which gets us control.
On a mission

Agree on the defense. Hightower is healthy which makes such a difference between 2019 and 2108. The more I look at the Rams offense, the more I see a good but not elite set of skill players, except for Gurley before he hurt his knee. He was not right in New Orleans. I see Gilmore on Cooks with help over the top. Robert Brooks is a good receiver, but not the YAC threat that Cooks is. The Pats will disrupt him at the line and smack him every time he catches the ball. The Saints did a nice job holding him to 33 yards on 6 catches. The Pats can do the same.
..and Goff. He's a solid, young QB but he is not elite and barely very good without Cupp.

Rams DL has a much better chance of disrupting Brady than the Patriots DL does of disrupting Goff. That's a huge concern of mine. And if the Patriots fall behind early, Suh & Donald have the opportunity to tee off.

Another concern: Special teams. If the Pats face 4th down at the Rams 42 yard line, they will punt. A 4th down at the Patriots 42 yard line by the Rams will be a fg attempt. Points is huge in a game like this. Absolutely cannot afford any missed chip shot fg's in this game. No bad snaps or holds either. And kick the ball out of the endzone.

Donald is great but suh isn’t really a pass rusher and the DEs are meh.
A punt is better than missing a FG and handing the ball over at the 50.

Tougher game than I want or others expect. Best DL Pats have faced this year and it’s not even close.
Best DT. Thr rest of the line is mediocre which is why their run d is awful and the entire rest of the defense combined has as many sacks as Donald.
Belichick will have a plan for Donald, then you have 10 others guys who really aren’t very good.

I am doing it for a very superstitious reason. Read and comprehend and don't be a ****.
Honest question have you always phony picked for superstition or did you expect them to lose the other games and were just wrong?

If the Rams try 59 yard FGs as a matter of course I will be thrilled. A miss gives Brady the ball at midfield. Sure at the end of a half or very late in the 4th - but otherwise, no.

Wouldn’t it be something if after all the « 90% run when Sony is in » talk that BB decides to transform Michel into James White in the last game of the season !??!?

I've been thinking this since thanksgiving.
Sony was a decent pass catcher in college. No reason we can't do it again.

I predict Romo won’t be as accurate predicting plays. My gut says many of his previous predictions were based on the tv prep the week before a game and now that the cat is out of the bag, BB and co will be more tight lipped, not that they weren’t before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe