PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Off season musings..

Big Bucks

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
My off season musings.. post yours.. the thread for posts not worthy of a thread started LOL

Four things

Draft order.. worst team getting first pick does not happen anymore.. I've said it before (here last off season).. the best team outside the playoffs should get pick 1... so called worst team should get Pick 16. Pick 17 to 32 playoff teams. Makes all teams play hard and brings integrity to every game. Does away with owners offering monies to tank! and gambling taking such a big stake in NFL too.

The Cap.. just don't fit no more.. it adheres more to the saying.. You ain't trying if your not cheating.

Deshaun Watson.. if Goodell uses the term 'more likely than not' with the 20 or so women that are accusing Deshaun Watson then in Goodell's head he should be on a sex offenders list and should not be playing football ever again. Crazy this trade happened.

Trade Judon for a first rounder.

The Bengals picked Burrow because they didn't have a QB so they lost

All that has changed. Now the Bengals are contenders. Stupid teams like Miami pick Tua and pass on Herbert. Chicago passed on Mahomes.

The Watson case is over.

Goodell only floated the "we are still investigating" balloon so it appears that the NFL is turning over every stone to find the truth. The money and confidentiality agreements have already changed hands. Money cures all ills.

What off-season?

They are worse now then when the season ended. They better knock it out of the park with the draft.

This offseason seems to be about retaining key players, good locker room guys and captains.

In addition, we are adding filler to the roster while draft picks develop, or in case they don’t!

The draft continues to be the best way to add quality contributors to the roster to supplement the young talent we currently have on the roster.

This offseason seems to be about retaining key players, good locker room guys and captains.

In addition, we are adding filler to the roster while draft picks develop, or in case they don’t!

The draft continues to be the best way to add quality contributors to the roster to supplement the young talent we currently have on the roster.
Well, that and random UDFAs :)

My off season musings.. post yours.. the thread for posts not worthy of a thread started LOL

Four things

Draft order.. worst team getting first pick does not happen anymore.. I've said it before (here last off season).. the best team outside the playoffs should get pick 1... so called worst team should get Pick 16. Pick 17 to 32 playoff teams. Makes all teams play hard and brings integrity to every game. Does away with owners offering monies to tank! and gambling taking such a big stake in NFL too.

The Cap.. just don't fit no more.. it adheres more to the saying.. You ain't trying if your not cheating.

Deshaun Watson.. if Goodell uses the term 'more likely than not' with the 20 or so women that are accusing Deshaun Watson then in Goodell's head he should be on a sex offenders list and should not be playing football ever again. Crazy this trade happened.

Trade Judon for a first rounder.
I'm sorry and you are......?

The Bengals picked Burrow because they didn't have a QB so they lost

All that has changed. Now the Bengals are contenders. Stupid teams like Miami pick Tua and pass on Herbert. Chicago passed on Mahomes.
Stupid teams pick N'Keal Harry and not any one of the three or four awesome receivers on the board.

We had a good draft last year. Hope that can continue this season as well . So many holes. Literally need 10-12 players to come up the draft and UDFA path over next 2 years and hoping the 3 or 4 that were drafted last year and played minimal roles step up. So many ifs and buts now.

And can we kick out Harry and joejuan so that it kicks some seriousness into drafting process. Keeping them still makes it feel as if they can still contribute and our drafting philosophy prior to 2021 works. It did not work and please trash or burn those drafting strategies prior to 2021.

Stupid teams pick N'Keal Harry and not any one of the three or four awesome receivers on the board.

Stupid teams pick QBs in 2021 who were not Mac Jones with Mac Jones still on the board. Stupid teams, all 32 of them, pick QBs who were not Tom Brady, 5 times, until 1 team was less stupid and did pick him in the 6th. And so on. We seem to whiff on early round receivers, in general. Would you rather whiff on QBs?

Honestly, just say you don't like the Harry pick - 20/20 hindsight and all. Say you like us better drafting positions other than receiver, say this year was good, that year was bad, whatever, this team is just not bad at drafting. The proof is in the pudding. Trouble is, there is always someone that you didn't draft that you would like to have drafted after watching them play and after watching who you DID draft.

Also I'm pretty sure Nike picked the real stinkers.

At this point I’m pulling for the Pats to do nothing substantial, to go the full SpongeBob sun bleached commitment to compiling comp picks for 2023, developing the youngsters, and maximizing 2023 cap space. Every second that the Pats do nothing I’m internally giving my imaginary friends highfives.

Disconnected thoughts...

What can we read into the first moves by McDaniels and Ziegler in Vegas...
1) Trading premium draft picks for the best WR in football and signing him to biggest WR contract evah!
2) Signing former Patriot Chandler Jones for 3/$51mill

Sure, the AFC West has become a gauntlet and to compete, quality additions are a necessity.
And yes, WR was a huge need for Vegas.
But Josh and Ziegler went top shelf and paid thru the nose in contrast to their former boss' disciplined/cheap team building philosophy.
Have to wonder about repressed sentiments while under BB's command
--------------------------------
AFC West plays the AFC South this season with Tenn. and Indy being the two expected playoff hopefuls.
Have to wonder if the AFC South's 2nd best team can swing a wild card slot given the upgraded rosters out west.
NE could be a fortunate wild card beneficiary when the dust settles....if......NE can find: 3 starting OL, a #1 CB, a defense that can force punts, special teams that can block, a WR that instills fear, a game plan to beat Miami, etc
Extremely curious to see what Bill plans to do with the FB position
So many unknowns in the LB grouping, but depression has already set in (my issue)
Will Bailey rebound? Did the blocking issues in front of him mess him up?
Thinking a minimum 4 SEC players drafted though Bill may just go all in
Until the Trevor Story trade, I was thinking Chaim Bloom was going to out-cheap Bill
Sox add a name, Bruins add a name, Celtics thriving........come on Robert, get your other head back in the game

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back