PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My mock using a simulator

For this mock draft the strategy was to take whichever QB was available at #3, then attempt to trade up to the #15-#20 range to take an OT.
Unfortunately all my trade offers were rejected, to the point that it wasn't worth trading up.

3. QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
- Kingsley went to the Chiefs at #32 and WR Corley went to Carolina at #33.
- My OT options were Guton, Morgan or Paul; the WR options were McConkey, Franklin, Polk or Legette.
34 OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
68 WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
- It's been pointed out previously that Legette will not last until #68.
- More realistically it would have been Jaden McMillan, Ricky Pearsall or Roman Wilson.
Now I am bombarded with trade offers; I accept two of them.
- Giants offer #107 and #166 for #103 and #231. I only drop four spots in the 4th round, but move up 65 spots, from the 7th rnd to 5th.
107 RB Dylan Laube, UNH. (Giants took Michigan RB Blake Corum at #103.)
- Miami offers #158, #184 and #198 for the Pats #137 and the Tenn 2025 7th round pick.
158 TE Jaheim Bell, Florida State
166 CB Elijah Jones, Boston College
180 RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
184 TE Erick All, Iowa
- I was looking at DT or Edge here, but All was a much better value than the players available here at those positions.
193 S Trey Taylor, Air Force
198 DT Jamree Kromah, James Madison

For this mock draft the strategy was to take whichever QB was available at #3, then attempt to trade up to the #15-#20 range to take an OT.
Unfortunately all my trade offers were rejected, to the point that it wasn't worth trading up.

3. QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
- Kingsley went to the Chiefs at #32 and WR Corley went to Carolina at #33.
- My OT options were Guton, Morgan or Paul; the WR options were McConkey, Franklin, Polk or Legette.
68 WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
- It's been pointed out previously that Legette will not last until #68.
- More realistically it would have been Jaden McMillan, Ricky Pearsall or Roman Wilson.
Now I am bombarded with trade offers; I accept two of them.
- Giants offer #107 and #166 for #103 and #231. I only drop four spots in the 4th round, but move up 65 spots, from the 7th rnd to 5th.
107 RB Dylan Laube, UNH. (Giants took Michigan RB Blake Corum at #103.)
- Miami offers #158, #184 and #198 for the Pats #137 and the Tenn 2025 7th round pick.
158 TE Jaheim Bell, Florida State
166 CB Elijah Jones, Boston College
180 RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
184 TE Erick All, Iowa
- I was looking at DT or Edge here, but All was a much better value than the players available here at those positions.
193 S Trey Taylor, Air Force
198 DT Jamree Kromah, James Madison
Just about every mock I have done, I have been able to get Leggett at #68.

1712247471803.png
I wanted All at 137 and Christian Jones at 180, but I didn't want to stretch on one with Zinter on the board. Seemed like an overpayment for either, and I figured either would be there at 180 but not both. It's the first time I have seen Paul at #34.

Strategy here was to trade down just a little bit, and grab a QB. Then trade back up for an OT, and then get a WR.
If the top four QBs were gone then I would either go OT-QB-WR or OT-WR-QB.

- Giants offer their #6, #47 and a 2025 2nd for Pats #3. (NYG draft Drake Maye.)
- Tenn offers #7 and #34 to move up one spot, for Pats #6 and #68. (TN drafts Joe Alt.)
7 QB JJ McCarthy, Michigan (Nix went #23; Penix #44; Rattler #106)
- Pats trade #34, #38 and NYG 2nd to Jaguars for their #17
17 OT Troy Fautanu, Washington (Latham, Mims and Guyton were also available)
47 WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina (Franklin, Polk and Corley were also available)
- For the rest of the draft I took BAP at any position other than IOL, K, P - without doubling up on any position.
103 EDGE Jalyx Hunt, Houston Christian
137 DT Maason Smith, LSU
180 CB Elijah Jones, BC
193 RB Tyrone Tracy Jr, Purdue
231 TE Tip Reiman, Illinois

=============================================================================

Same strategy as above, but was unable to move up from #68.
Not quite as good as the mock above (WR #68 vs WR #47), but it did add a 2025 2nd round pick.

- Titans offer #7, #38 and 2025 2nd for Pats #3 (TN takes WR Nabers)
7 QB JJ McCarthy, Michigan (Nix went #34; Penix #73(!); Rattler #101)
- Pats trade #34 and #38 to Bengals for #18 (Cin takes OT Jordan Morgan #34)
18 OT Troy Fautanu, Washington (Mims, Guyton and Kingsley S went later in 1st round)
68 WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida (WRs R Wilson, McMillan and J Wilson went later in 3rd round)
103 EDGE Jalyx Hunt, Houston Christian
137 RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
180 CB Elijah Jones, BC
193 DT Logan Lee, Iowa
231 TE AJ Barner, Michigan
2025 TN 2nd

Hmm. Interesting. This kid Xavier Legette should go higher. I figure the Bills will have a keen eye on him.

Sure, his route tree game could use some work. And he was a one-year wonder. That’s my biggest question mark.

If XL had had multiple years like he had in 2023 in the SEC, he’d be in the discussion of top half of the first round.

And he’s had to deal with tragedy and has walked through it. He is no prima dona.

I love this kid!

The Patriots are visiting with Jayden Daniels on Monday.
What if they really like him?

3 QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
- There were not very good options left for an OT here (Kingsley S went at #33), so the Pats go WR
34 WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia
- Was hoping to double up at WR, but Legette was off the board. Also no worthwhile OTs here
68 TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State (Henry will turn 30 this season, and Hooper is a short term band aid at TE)
- Miami offers #130, #158 and #184 for #103 (the current roster is so weak, two extra picks will help)
130 S Jaden Hicks, Washington St (other options: EDGE Jalyx Hunt, OT Matt Goncalves, WR Brenden Rice)
137 RB Jaylen Wright (more depth/injury insurance at RB)
158 EDGE Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss
180 RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville (4.33 40; could also be a good KR under new rules)
184 DT Gabe Hall, Baylor
193 CB Deantre Price, Ole Miss
198 QB Joe Milton III, Tennessee (insurance if Daniels gets hurt or flames out)
231 LB Omar Speights, LSU (depth/injury insurance behind Bentley)

- Not addressing OT until 2025 is an obvious concern, but there were plenty of upgrades/depth at nine other positions.

==============================================================================

Seeing how I was unable to nab an OT in the draft above, I tried a mock with the same strategy (take Daniels at #3) - and then trade up into the 1st round for an OT. My target was the #19 spot, LA Rams. I first offered #34, #103 and a 2025 2nd, but it was rejected. So I sweetened the offer to a 2025 1st and it was accepted. Sucks not having a 2025 1st, but this draft is supposed to be much better than next year's.

3 QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
- Pats trade #34, #103 and 2025 1st to Rams for #19
19 OT JC Latham, Alabama - Latham was the 6th OT taken in this draft
68 WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida
- a lot of other 3rd round WRs available here: Roman Wilson, Jalen McMillan, Devontez Walker, Johnny Wilson
- having traded away the 4th round pick, a lot of good players came off the board. I wasn't loving any of the options at the top of the 5th round, so I accepted a trade offer from Detroit that allowed the Pats to move up from the 7th round to the 5th.
- Lions trade #162 and #164 to Pats for #137 and #231
162 DT Gabe Hall, Baylor [RAS 9.2]
164 EDGE Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss [RAS 9.64]
180 RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville [RAS 9.9]
193 TE Erick All, Iowa
- I was planning on drafting TEs AJ Barner or Tip Reiman here, but took All since he was still available.

Positive: I get a starting OT with this draft, whereas I had none at all in the mock above.
Negatives: a lower rated WR; four fewer picks; traded away next year's #1 pick.

For this mock I committed to sticking at #3 for a QB, #34 for an OT and #68 for a WR.
After that just take BAP/highest RAS at any position other than G, C, P or K.
All based on today's rumors that the Pats are going to stick to drafting a QB at #3.

3 QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
68 WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida [RAS 9.91]
- Colts offer #117 and #151 for Pats #103
117 RB Dylan Laube, UNH [RAS 8.77]
137 TE Theo Johnson, Penn St [RAS 9.93]
151 ED Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss [RAS 9.64]
180 DT Logan Lee, Iowa [RAS 9.16]
193 S Trey Taylor, Air Force [RAS 9.35]
231 TE Tip Reiman, Illinois [RAS 9.91]

Trade analysis: I was able to pick up a quality extra player (Cedric Johnson) - but dropping down also meant I missed the opportunity to take some decent players at 103 (CBs Mike Sainristill, Josh Newton or Khyree Jackson; WRs Jermaine Burton, Malik Washington, Javon Baker or Jacob Cowing). Overall I think the trade was worth it. Glad to see Guyton still available at #34.

For this mock I committed to sticking at #3 for a QB, #34 for an OT and #68 for a WR.
After that just take BAP/highest RAS at any position other than G, C, P or K.
All based on today's rumors that the Pats are going to stick to drafting a QB at #3.

3 QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
68 WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida [RAS 9.91]
- Colts offer #117 and #151 for Pats #103
117 RB Dylan Laube, UNH [RAS 8.77]
137 TE Theo Johnson, Penn St [RAS 9.93]
151 ED Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss [RAS 9.64]
180 DT Logan Lee, Iowa [RAS 9.16]
193 S Trey Taylor, Air Force [RAS 9.35]
231 TE Tip Reiman, Illinois [RAS 9.91]

Trade analysis: I was able to pick up a quality extra player (Cedric Johnson) - but dropping down also meant I missed the opportunity to take some decent players at 103 (CBs Mike Sainristill, Josh Newton or Khyree Jackson; WRs Jermaine Burton, Malik Washington, Javon Baker or Jacob Cowing). Overall I think the trade was worth it. Glad to see Guyton still available at #34.

Yours is really good but I like mine too! I traded out of 34 to get two extra thirds this year from the Bengals.

PICK: 3 RND: 1 (NE)
Drake MAYE
QB North Carolina

Ricky Pearsall Head Shot

PICK: 49 RND: 2 (NE)
Ricky PEARSALL
WR Florida

Patrick Paul Head Shot

PICK: 68 RND: 3 (NE)
Patrick PAUL
OT Houston

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Head Shot

PICK: 80 RND: 3 (NE)
Jeremiah TROTTER JR.
LB Clemson

MarShawn Lloyd Head Shot

PICK: 97 RND: 3 (NE)
MarShawn LLOYD
RB USC

Cam Hart Head Shot

PICK: 103 RND: 4 (NE)
Cam HART
CB Notre Dame

Nehemiah Pritchett Head Shot

PICK: 137 RND: 5 (NE)
Nehemiah PRITCHETT
CB Auburn

Walter Rouse Head Shot

PICK: 180 RND: 6 (NE)
Walter ROUSE
OT Oklahoma

Dwight McGlothern Head Shot

PICK: 193 RND: 6 (NE)
Dwight MCGLOTHERN
CB Arkansas

Cornelius Johnson Head Shot

PICK: 231 RND: 7 (NE)
Cornelius JOHNSON
WR Michigan

I've been playing with the mock drafts, but limiting it to known Pats contacts. Imperfect system I know, but thought it might be interesting (below is contacts roughly assigned using PFN rankings so take with a pinch of salt).

#3. Maye or Daniels
#34. OT: Suamataia or Paul, WR: McConkey or Legette or Worthy. TE: Sanders. S: Kinchens
#68: Any of above left. WR: Walker or Pearsall. TE: Sinnott. CB Melton or Abeams-Draine. S: Bishop.
#103. Any of above left. OL: Fisher. WR: Rice. QB: Rattler. DL: Hunt. RB Laube. CB: Hart. TE: Wiley.
#137. Any of above left. WR: Baker or McCaffery. CB: Smith-Wade. DL: Hall.
#180/193. OL: Wallace. WR: Coker. RB: Tracy. DL: Kamara. QB: Milton. TE: Spann-Ford. S: Vaki.
#231. QB: Hartman. OL: Eguakun or Glover. S: Simpson

So you could get a combination of:

#3. Maye QB
#34: Saumataia LOT
#68: Walker or Pearsall WR
#103: Laube RB
#137: Smith-Wade CB
#180: Kamara DL
#193: Spann-Ford TE
#231: Glover OT

Or

#3 Daniels QB
#34 McConkey or Legette or Worthy WR
#68 Fisher or Paul OT
#103 Hart CB
#137 Hall DL
#180 Wallace OT
#193 Tracy RB
#231 Simpson S

The trend from the contacts list seems they want QB R1. WR/OT in R2/3 and maybe double dip later. DB/RB/DL depth in mid/late rounds. They have scouted TE and DBs from R2 down and seem ready if BPA and missed the target OT/WR. The availability of LOT or falling rated WR at #34 will hinge draft. LOT seems to be the one that could be easy to miss, and need to either trade around, reach, or go to late round fallback options.

Last edited:
Yours is really good but I like mine too! I traded out of 34 to get two extra thirds this year from the Bengals.

PICK: 3 RND: 1 (NE)
Drake MAYE
QB North Carolina

Ricky Pearsall Head Shot

PICK: 49 RND: 2 (NE)
Ricky PEARSALL
WR Florida

Patrick Paul Head Shot

PICK: 68 RND: 3 (NE)
Patrick PAUL
OT Houston

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Head Shot

PICK: 80 RND: 3 (NE)
Jeremiah TROTTER JR.
LB Clemson

MarShawn Lloyd Head Shot

PICK: 97 RND: 3 (NE)
MarShawn LLOYD
RB USC

Cam Hart Head Shot

PICK: 103 RND: 4 (NE)
Cam HART
CB Notre Dame

Nehemiah Pritchett Head Shot

PICK: 137 RND: 5 (NE)
Nehemiah PRITCHETT
CB Auburn

Walter Rouse Head Shot

PICK: 180 RND: 6 (NE)
Walter ROUSE
OT Oklahoma

Dwight McGlothern Head Shot

PICK: 193 RND: 6 (NE)
Dwight MCGLOTHERN
CB Arkansas

Cornelius Johnson Head Shot

PICK: 231 RND: 7 (NE)
Cornelius JOHNSON
WR Michigan

I like that mock, the trade down worked out well!
Plus doubling down on OT was a smart move.

Two scenarios trading 34: One up, and one down.

No more trade downs, even to five from 3 (realistic as there's a near zero chance LAC trades up anyway.) Running a lot of sims, picks 28-33 are brutal for the Patriots as a lot of our targets come off the board. With that in mind, in the 1st scenario we plan on trading up into the back half of the 1st.

PFN_Draft_result_1712422807654.png

3. Daniels. Running this sim it's a coin flip who WAS takes.

31: Kingsley

Trade: 34, 103 and 2025 5th for 31. This is an overpay. 34, 103 is a slight overpay (ideally we'd also get a late round pick back. SF btw has a crap ton of picks.) Anyway. Players available: Guyton, Kingsley, Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey. Figuring there will still be potential starting WRs at 68, we go OT here. Kingsley seems to fit Wolf's preference for OL and gives positional flexibility. Still might need to use next year's 1 on an LT regardless of which OT we take.

68. Pearsall, Walker and McMillan available here. Personal preference is Pearsall but they are all rated similarly.

137. Choice between Bucky Jones (RB), Theo Johnson (TE) and Phillips. After this round there seems to be a severe drop in CB and FS. Would prefer Johnson here, but can't ignore defense either given the QBs in the conference. (Edge players are gone by now, available safeties project to special teams and dime packages. Yeah, no.)

180. Lots of running backs left here. Can probably get a TE the next pick. Not much else if looking for prospects that can see some playing time. Choice is between Ray Bailey and Isaac. Guerendo sounds like he has better upside and can be more effective in pass pro.

193. TEs at the top of the board. Holker's a decent TE prospect.

231. Turner is a center but can play both guard positions too. Backup IOL and a potential future starter with good coaching and conditioning.

Switch gears and plan on staying or trading down at 34.

PFN_Draft_result_1712426787635.png

3. This time it's Maye.

ALL of the top OTs are gone by 34. Paul is the top rated tackle on the board. We trade 34, 137 for 43 and 109.
43. Ladd McConkey and we don't even need to think about it.

Pick 68. Flipping from choice of 3 WRs last scenario to choice of 3 OTs. Rosengarten (swing tackle), Kiran and Fisher are the choices. I think there's a high probability they'll all be gone by our next pick (103.) All are projections for LT. Reading the scouting reports Fisher sounds like a RT to me. I'm afraid this will be the pick for NE if he's here. I opt for Kiran because of the positional flexibility and upside. Another slight trade down could be an option but we stand pat. Tackles are a hot commodity.

75. We trade 103, 109 and a 2025 5th for 75. Roman Wilson, Pearsall or another tackle is the choice here. Our next pick after this is 180. I really, really want to go OT here, that would go a long way in solidifying the line. Instead I opt for speed and another weapon for Maye.

180. Xavier Smith (Edge), Erick All (TE), Guerendo (RB), Nourzad (IOL), and C. Jones (OT) available. Smith is intriguing, tempted to go there but instead stay with our offensive upgrades and pick Jones as he's the highest rated player on the consensus big board.

193. Should have taken Smith. We go Hunter for interior OL depth. Isaac is also a choice.

223. A 6'2 CB or Tip Reiman (TE) is the choice here. We stick with the big board and take the CB. Reiman hopefully becomes a high priority UFDA. Nope, Bengals take him.

Between the 2 I think I like the second scenario better. Infuse the OL with depth and possible LT starter and nab two promising receivers. Personally, I like the idea of doubling up on positions, better chance that one of them works out. If the team wants Legette probably going to need to take him at 34. Rounds 2 and 3 are going to be really intriguing on which way the Pats decide to go. IIRC from back when I used to follow the draft closely (pretty much stopped after 2012), GB tended to under value the OL. They did get some really good receivers though.

Running a lot of sims, picks 28-33 are brutal for the Patriots as a lot of our targets come off the board.
I've been finding the same thing very often, regardless of which site.

Trade: 34, 103 and 2025 5th for 31. This is an overpay.
Been finding the price to move up into the first round to be expensive, no matter what team.

137. Choice between Bucky Jones (RB), Theo Johnson (TE) and Phillips. After this round there seems to be a severe drop in CB and FS. Would prefer Johnson here, but can't ignore defense either given the QBs in the conference. (Edge players are gone by now, available safeties project to special teams and dime packages. Yeah, no.)
Agree - I've been finding multiple good TEs available late; a bit less so for CB and FS.

180. Lots of running backs left here. Can probably get a TE the next pick. Not much else if looking for prospects that can see some playing time. Choice is between Ray Bailey and Isaac. Guerendo sounds like he has better upside and can be more effective in pass pro.
I didn't know anything about Guerendo until doing these mocks. Really like him a lot now. Pats do need to add another RB, in my opinion - if nothing else, to lessen the load/touches for Stevenson. Plus he's a free agent in 2025.

ALL of the top OTs are gone by 34. Paul is the top rated tackle on the board. We trade 34, 137 for 43 and 109.
43. Ladd McConkey and we don't even need to think about it.
Originally I felt QB-OT was the only way to go with the first two picks. My mindset now is that if that OT at #34 does not project to being a starting quality LT, then what's the point? Pats already have their RT (Onwenu) and swing tackle (Okorafar).

Pick 68. Flipping from choice of 3 WRs last scenario to choice of 3 OTs. Rosengarten (swing tackle), Kiran and Fisher are the choices. I think there's a high probability they'll all be gone by our next pick (103.) All are projections for LT. Reading the scouting reports Fisher sounds like a RT to me. I'm afraid this will be the pick for NE if he's here. I opt for Kiran because of the positional flexibility and upside. Another slight trade down could be an option but we stand pat. Tackles are a hot commodity.

75. We trade 103, 109 and a 2025 5th for 75. Roman Wilson, Pearsall or another tackle is the choice here. Our next pick after this is 180. I really, really want to go OT here, that would go a long way in solidifying the line. Instead I opt for speed and another weapon for Maye.

180. Xavier Smith (Edge), Erick All (TE), Guerendo (RB), Nourzad (IOL), and C. Jones (OT) available. Smith is intriguing, tempted to go there but instead stay with our offensive upgrades and pick Jones as he's the highest rated player on the consensus big board.

193. Should have taken Smith. We go Hunter for interior OL depth. Isaac is also a choice.
Even though you missed out on Smith, I do like the strategy of drafting two OTs when waiting until #68 to draft the first OT. I know that sounds the opposite of my comment above, but the difference is the first OT is now at #68. Double dip and hopefully one of them surprises and develops into a quality starter.

I'm coming around to WR first too if there's a run on OL, which seems likely. Agree on Guerendo. Kinda hoping NE gets him. This draft seems thin at that position.

I'm coming around to WR first too if there's a run on OL, which seems likely. Agree on Guerendo. Kinda hoping NE gets him. This draft seems thin at that position.
Originally I was thinking that the Pats would be open to trading down and accumulating extra picks. In that scenario there were a fair amount of options to grab a RB after taking QB-OT-WR.

If the current rumors of sticking with a QB at #3 are correct, the dynamic changes. If one of Laube/Guerndo is available, grab him - the repair of the offense will have worked out well. But that also means you're not taking ANY defensive player until the 5th round - and it would be nice to also add a TE with one of the remaining picks.

There's going to be a couple of defensive positions that are not being addressed - but that's going to have to be okay, since the offense is in such dire shape relative to the defense right now.

Just my amateur opinion.

Not a fan of Irving at 103… Was either Will Shipley or Jalen Wright still on the board?

Really like the rest of the picks, though instead of Marcus Harris I would see if there are any more wide-bodies (Jefferson, Lovett et al) still available…

For this mock the strategy was to trade down very slightly to draft McCarthy - and then with the additional draft pick trade back up towards the middle of the first round for the best remaining OT. As a result WR has to wait until the 3rd round.

- Chargers offer #5 and #37 for Pats #3 (they use it on Alt).
- Pats are offered two more trade downs but refuse, thinking McCarthy will not be available lower.
5 QB J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
- Pats trade #34 and #37 to Jaguars for #17.
17 OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
- Cardinals offer #71 and #104 for #68 and #137.
(I see two similar WRs available, so I accept, figuring I will be able to secure at least one of them.)
71 WR Roman Wilson, Michigan
- Pats are offered a trade down for #103 that would have added 3 more picks - but they are all so late I declined the offer.
103 RB Dylan Laube, UNH (3rd down RB, PR)
104 EDGE Javon Solomon, Troy (potential replacement for Josh Uche)
180 TE Erick All, Iowa
193 DT Logan Lee, Iowa
231 FS Mark Perry, TCU

If McCarthy is the QB the Pats want, this draft went okay - getting both him and also Fuaga is a major plus.
The downside is not getting a WR until #71 - the 15th WR selected in the draft.

He might’ve been the 15th WR taken there, but Roman Wilson is much more valuable to us than that with McCarthy already here too.

Mock draft with the stategy of trading down, drafting an OT early and then Penix as the QB.
Not saying that is the right thing to do, just playing the what-if game.

- Pats trade #3 and #103 for Vikings #11, #23 and 2025 1st
11. OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame
- [After the first 3 QBs, picks were MHJ, Bowers, McCarthy, Fashanu, Odunze, Latu and Nabers]
23. QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington
- [Could have had WR Xavier Worthy, but would have missed out on both Penix and Nix]
34. WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
- [If I had drafted WR Thomas or Worthy at #11, could have had OT Kingsley S. here]
68. DT T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
- [Could have gone WR McMillan or WR Pearsall, but just couldn't pass by Sweat by here]
- [Had I gone WR-WR at #23 and #34, could have taken QB Rattler here also]
- #103 was traded away to Minnesota above
137 RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
- [Other options: WRs Baker, Thrash, McCaffrey; ED Hunt; TEs Stover, Johnson; QB Milton]
180 ED Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss
- [Could have had TEs All, Reiman here]
193 TE AJ Barner, Michigan
231 FS Mark Perry, TCU
2025 Vikings 1st

========================

Another mock with the same startegy: trade down for an OT, then back up into the 1st for your 2nd tier QB.

- Steelers trade their #20, #51, #84, #98 and 2025 for Pats #3 and #231
- Pats trade their #34, #51 and 2025 2nd to Jaguars for Jax #17
17. OT Troy Fautanu, Washington
20. QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington
68. WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
84. RB Braelon Allen, Wisconsin
98. WR Johnny Wilson, Florida State
103 CB Renardo Green, Florida State
157 TE Theo Johnson, Penn State
180 DT Gabe Hall, Baylor
193 ED Xavier Thomas, Clemson
[Swap of 2025 2nds with Pittsburgh]

This one was rather odd in terms of who was and was not available as the draft unfolded.
Working on the assumption the Pats don't like the QB who is available at #3, and trade down.
Huge upgrades at WR offset by missing out on OT until Round 3, and a project at QB in Round 4.
(No worthwhile QB or OT available at #34 - therefore doubled down at WR.)

- Pats trade #3 to NYG for #6 and #47
- Pats trade #6 to NYJ for #10, #72, #111 and 2025 2nd
10. WR Rome Odunze, Washington
34. WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
68. RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas
72. OT Roger Rosengarten, Washington
103 DT Maason Smith, LSU
111 QB Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
137 TE Theo Johnson, Penn State
180 CB Jarvis Brownlee, Louisville
193 FS Mark Perry, TCU
231 ED Myles Cole, Texas Tech
2025 NYJ 2nd

This one was rather odd in terms of who was and was not available as the draft unfolded.
Working on the assumption the Pats don't like the QB who is available at #3, and trade down.
Huge upgrades at WR offset by missing out on OT until Round 3, and a project at QB in Round 4.
(No worthwhile QB or OT available at #34 - therefore doubled down at WR.)

- Pats trade #3 to NYG for #6 and #47
- Pats trade #6 to NYJ for #10, #72, #111 and 2025 2nd
10. WR Rome Odunze, Washington
34. WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
68. RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas
72. OT Roger Rosengarten, Washington
103 DT Maason Smith, LSU
111 QB Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
137 TE Theo Johnson, Penn State
180 CB Jarvis Brownlee, Louisville
193 FS Mark Perry, TCU
231 ED Myles Cole, Texas Tech
2025 NYJ 2nd

Not a fan of Xavier Worthy; reminds me too much of BoneyT…

If there wasn’t a QB or LT worth taking at #34 then another way to go might be FS Tyler Nubin if he himself is available there… I think FS is our #1 need on defense, slightly ahead of another Outside CB to pair with Gonzo.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back