PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Big Board

I think the best anyone can do right now is to look at the various prospects that will be available at different points in this draft. There are so many players in flux right now that it will be a month or more before we really know what their unit strengths and weaknesses, as well as what free agency has addressed. The best part of the analysis being provided by many here is in defining what this choices are likely to be. Caserio implied that there are going to be numerous changes this off season and most of them will take place. in the next 8 weeks. Personally speaking I keep checking this site expecting the first shoe to drop but somehow that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Tyeler Davison in the late rounds?

I only watched him once a while ago and there wasn't anything that grabbed my attention. Have you seen something you like?

I've been looking for interesting late round DTs, but haven't found much aside from Nunez-Roches and now Simon and Walton. There's a lot of 3-techs in this draft, not many NT and 1-tech types.

Tier 1 (Worth a trade up in first)

1. Dante Fowler Jr, EDGE, Florida
2. TJ Clemmings, OL, Pittsburgh
3. Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa

I would take any of them at our pick but I wouldn't trade up. I just can't do it for a guard and while I like Fowler I don't see him as a lock at the next level but I said the same about Chandler Jones.

Tier 2 (First Round)

4. Bud Dupree, EDGE, Kentucky
5. La’el Collins, OL, LSU

I agree on Collins. Not that he'll last that long but I'm more comfortable with Dupree mid second.

16. Eddie Goldman, DL, FSU
18. Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon

Goldman reminds me of Timmy Jernigan and I like that value at the end of the second round.

Good call on Jernigan and Goldman although Goldman is bigger he doesn't play with the same leverage nor does he penetrate as well. Armstead is overrated. Glad I'm not the only one knocking him way down.

Jordan Phillips
Eli Harold

Phillips to me a really long term project. I think a team has to decide what he's going to be and either think him out to make him more explosive or bulk him up and have him take up space. His hand skills suck, plays way too high way too often.

Harold was a guy I thought last year would advance. I really wanted to be high on him since I found him early but.......... He should have stayed in school IMO and regressed in some ways.

I just don't love this draft class in general. I think a lot of the players taken in any range would have been a half round later last year, at least.

Whilst I knew it was inevitable, I'm very disappointed to see Byron Jones up to #21 on CBS' board. And not only that, Grady Jarrett is up to #57. What to do?

Whilst I knew it was inevitable, I'm very disappointed to see Byron Jones up to #21 on CBS' board. And not only that, Grady Jarrett is up to #57. What to do?
I like Jarrett as well. Would seem to be redundant with Easley, but with the snap count anticipation and wrestling backround he is definately intriguing. Still really like Jones and Abdullah. The character descriptions are hard to ignore, let alone the athletic ability.

I am also high on Tyler Lockett. Quite a solid pedigree and has solid speed and receiving skills along with outstanding ST experience. Only question is his light frame for me.

Dorial Green Beckham and Sammie Coates are the two receivers I see us most likely to draft one of them if they go wideout in the first round.
Mid round receivers are Chris Conley,Tre McBride, Dorsett, Smith,
I think Steffon Diggs goes as high as the fourth round.
Jalen Strong would be interesting if he falls but I prefer Beckham and Coates.
Running back for me is mid round unless you grab Gurley.
I think its going to be a heavy offensive draft.
Think we like our secondary more than we are letting on.

Dorial Green Beckham and Sammie Coates are the two receivers I see us most likely to draft one of them if they go wideout in the first round.
Mid round receivers are Chris Conley,Tre McBride, Dorsett, Smith,
I think Steffon Diggs goes as high as the fourth round.
Jalen Strong would be interesting if he falls but I prefer Beckham and Coates.
Running back for me is mid round unless you grab Gurley.
I think its going to be a heavy offensive draft.
Think we like our secondary more than we are letting on.

I don't think they'll draft Beckham, domestic violence issues seems to be a no-no for the Pats but I can see Coates definitely. I actually think Devin Smith is a consideration too.

I like Jarrett as well. Would seem to be redundant with Easley, but with the snap count anticipation and wrestling backround he is definately intriguing. Still really like Jones and Abdullah. The character descriptions are hard to ignore, let alone the athletic ability.

I am also high on Tyler Lockett. Quite a solid pedigree and has solid speed and receiving skills along with outstanding ST experience. Only question is his light frame for me.

Both Easley and Jarrett have experience playing the 1 and 3 tech and I can see them playing alongside each other on passing downs. I can even see them being there together on running downs because they'll be so disruptive getting into the backfield that it'll open up space for the linebackers to make plays.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back