Replies:
Asking for your support

Most Talented WR duo to ever play for the Pats

• Moss/Welker

• Fryar/Morgan

• Ray Guy killed a Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.
should not even be a discussion.... Welker/Moss

heh...all I remember about Fryar is him slashing his hand almost off in a "kitchen accident". What did Parcells say about him??" a ball lost in the high grass...
Tuna said that about Chris Slade his rookie year, not about fryar....

Tuna said that about Chris Slade his rookie year, not about fryar....
my mistake...Fryar wasn't even on the team in '93...I guess my mind wants it to be Fryar because I always liked Slade's play..thanx for the correction

Moss in his prime was second to only Jerry Rice as the GOAT WR. You complement him with the greatest slot receiver ever and there's not even a debate here.

Coates/Brisby was a high second also under Drew Bledsoe, unstoppable, 1994 season.

For the success-spoiled millennials here, who don’t know how good Morgan was, take a look at his yards per reception throughout his career. Insane numbers, especially during an era when DBs could assault receivers without getting flagged.

7346F6BF-6E86-4284-B7A1-270ECCABA20A.jpeg

Morgan was older and Fryar was a rookie was good. Morgan played on some really bad Patriots teams. Doubled often, Grogan was his only hope. Now Grogan was a true 1 trick pony. He Love to throw deep whenever the play fell apart. I love Moss/Welker combo but as for being a (Patriot) its Morgan in my book. He stands next to Hannah i.m.o. as the old skool best combo to ever play for this team. Switch qb's and watch Morgan/Fryar, now your talking!!
Here's a shocking stat about Morgan that many might not remember: in his first 12 years with the Patriots, he played on only one losing team.

In terms of careers, considering all 4, it's Moss #1 (HOF), Morgan #2 (should be HOF), Fryar #3A and then Welker #3B.

If you were drafting these players or signing them to a FA contract, you'd take Fryar ahead of Welker. Welker was more productive, Fryar had longevity, but Fryar was also miscast for ALL of his career in New England as a deep ball guy. The Phins and especially Eagles used him correctly. He played bigger than his size and was more of a possession guy.

#86 should be worn by deserving players only. Asiasi? Really? Give it to Tyquan and watch the similarities, speed -wise anyway.

How many Super Bowls between these players?

Morgan was the best to wear the uniform. Hands down.

Moss/Welker. No Contest. As @DeusIrae put it, one of the greatest WR's ever and probably the greatest slot Receiver ever. Fryar and Margan were two incredible competitors who were a critical part of late 80's Pats, but not in that class.

Just to be sure I wasn't missing something, I went to the stats:
Moss and Welker overlapped for three seasons (07--09). Together they accounted for 7,453 Yards Receiving and 62 TD.s
Fryar and Morgan overlapped for four seasons from 87--90, But the numbers don't even compare: 4,474 Yards Receiving and 31 TD's.

Moss/Welker. No Contest. As @DeusIrae put it, one of the greatest WR's ever and probably the greatest slot Receiver ever. Fryar and Margan were two incredible competitors who were a critical part of late 80's Pats, but not in that class.

Just to be sure I wasn't missing something, I went to the stats:
Moss and Welker overlapped for three seasons (07--09). Together they accounted for 7,453 Yards Receiving and 62 TD.s
Fryar and Morgan overlapped for four seasons from 87--90, But the numbers don't even compare: 4,474 Yards Receiving and 31 TD's.
Difficult to go by numbers as offence was easier when Moss and Welker played plus having TB helped.

However This was about talent. Also, not about Tight Ends FYI.

Too bad I'm too young to have seen the one pair. Too young at the time to see/remember prime Rice, but Moss has to be the most talented WR I've ever seen.

The moss and Welker memories will last a lifetime.

7w0w.gif

Here is the thread that started this whole thing for reference

@TommyD4207
@upstater1

Did you guys get in on this?

Gronk and Edelman.

3 SBs because of them and could be argued could have been a 4th if Edelman was healthy.

Best WR duos in Patriots history:

1. Moss & Welker 2007-2009
2. Stanley Morgan & Harold Jackson 1978-1981
3. Terry Glenn & Shawn Jefferson 1996-1999
4. Julian Edelman & Danny Amendola 2013-2017
5. Stanley Morgan & Irving Fryar 1985-1988
6. Welker & Branch 2010-2011

In 2010, Moss was a year removed from all-time peak WR level and Gronkowski was a year away from all-time peak TE level. They were on the same team for a few games.

Here's a shocking stat about Morgan that many might not remember: in his first 12 years with the Patriots, he played on only one losing team.
Define losing please, as Ricky Bobby would say, "If you ain't first, your last.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back