PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most receptions by Deion Branch since 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were you I'd get that sarcasm detector repaired, buddy.

LOL, so he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer? Shocker.

Yes, in 1985 I was 11. So sorry if an 11 year old girl born and bred in Massachusetts deciding to follow her dad's favorite team is just not enough of a fan for your sky-high standards, 1stdownFOOL.

Last edited:
It tells you that all three sides understand that it's business.

That is exactly correct. The Patriots are in the business of winning football games (well actually they are in business to make money). The rest is just conversation. Hurt feelings and grudges have no business being part a football decision. Football decision = A) Does he fill a need? B) Is the cost justifiable? C) Does he bring negatives that hurt the team off the field?

For those who say "I hate him because of X, Y and Z and don't want him on the team".......thankfully you don't run the Patriots (but I would love for you to run the Jets).

LOL, so he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer? Shocker.

Yes, in 1985 I was 11. So sorry if an 11 year old girl born and bred in Massachusetts deciding to follow her dad's favorite team is just not enough of a fan for your sky-high standards, 1stdownFOOL.

Snore :rolleyes:

Just because your a regular on a fan forum doesn't mean your a fan, it just means you are looking for other peeps that like the team, but obviously DGAS what happens in between.

Things have been decent since '04, you must be proud.......:rolleyes:

Leave it to BB to stay level-headed over one game.

Belichick on Deion Branch’s first game:

BB: "It was good to have him back there. He’s a good football player. He had the chance to make some plays and I think he made them. [He’s] not perfect, but he did a lot of good things for us like he’s always done... He can get open and catch the ball. Don’t make it too complicated."

I love listening to BB answer questions from the media. :D

Source: Postgame quotes of note - Extra Points - Boston.com

Just because your a regular on a fan forum doesn't mean your a fan, it just means you are looking for other peeps that like the team, but obviously DGAS what happens in between.

vc55.jpg

Did you fail out of first grade? Reading comp is not your friend, is it.

Oh, I forgot." Wah, wah, wah, Deion Branch hurt my feelings. BooHOOHOOO."

Carry on with your little tantrum.

99.9% of the fans on this site would have done the same thing.

The guy has a child with special needs. Football players, post career, have no guaranteed health insurance. Some of the YEARLY costs of serious health care can bankrupt even millionaire football players. Do you blame him for maximizing his contract for his family? Anyone would do the same thing for his child.

Deion is easy to root for, he's a class act.

In hindsight, both the Patriots and Deion made bad decisions. I'm sure Deion is looking at the short contract he has for this year and next, and he must be thinking that if he stayed with Brady, he'd be making 3x more at this point. The money he gained by leaving New England is LOST now on the back end. Same with the Patriots, they could have use him in that 2006 championship game against Indy. The two were probably a million per season apart. How dumb do they both look now? They could have each chipped in $500k.

Patriot fans, including myself, were ecstatic at getting a 1st rounder for him.

99.9% of the fans on this site would have done the same thing.

The guy has a child with special needs. Football players, post career, have no guaranteed health insurance. Some of the YEARLY costs of serious health care can bankrupt even millionaire football players. Do you blame him for maximizing his contract for his family? Anyone would do the same thing for his child.

Deion is easy to root for, he's a class act.

In hindsight, both the Patriots and Deion made bad decisions. I'm sure Deion is looking at the short contract he has for this year and next, and he must be thinking that if he stayed with Brady, he'd be making 3x more at this point. The money he gained by leaving New England is LOST now on the back end. Same with the Patriots, they could have use him in that 2006 championship game against Indy. The two were probably a million per season apart. How dumb do they both look now? They could have each chipped in $500k.

Patriot fans, including myself, were ecstatic at getting a 1st rounder for him.

fully agree

Did you fail out of first grade? Reading comp is not your friend, is it.

Oh, I forgot." Wah, wah, wah, Deion Branch hurt my feelings. BooHOOHOOO."

Carry on with your little tantrum.

Tantrum?
Did he NOT screw the Pats over in 06?
Was he under contract?
Yes or No?

End of story, do me a favor and forget the rest of your ridiculous AND TRULY PATHETIC HOMER argument, lets stick to the FACTS and we'll be fine me thinks.

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.
Oh, I could tell you why The ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.

Tantrum?
Did he NOT screw the Pats over in 06?
Was he under contract?
Yes or No?

End of story, do me a favor and forget the rest of your ridiculous AND TRULY PATHETIC HOMER argument, lets stick to the FACTS and we'll be fine me thinks.

this is a Jets troll

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

1stDownFool said:
polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

I'm sorry you feel that way, I have been a fan for alot longer than some folks here, and what HE DID is disgraceful, which is why I hate this guy with a passion.
Don't blame ME for hating him, blame the person that deserves the hate, the CLOWN that deserted his team while he was UNDER CONTRACT.
And you call yourself a fan?
Noo... he calls himself a fool. ;)

Hey look, 1stDownFool. A player can be cut at anytime if the team is unhappy with his performance (ie they feel they're paying a player more than he's worth), contract or no. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL. But what leverage does a player have? It's not like he broke the law breaking his contract; if this were so, the NFL could sue dozens if not hundreds of players. If a player is unhappy with his contract, he can choose to walk away. Of course, it might ruin their career, but the contract doesn't legally bind him to play, it just spells out what he will make *if* he plays.

In some ways, the NFL can be like the record industry. They force draftees to sign 5 or 6 year rookie contracts just to be able to play in the league; likewise, most budding new artists don't typically make the big time without selling their soul (ie the rights to the art they produce) to the industry.

As BB is always the first to tell you: it's a business. The organization bears no grudge on DB; why should you?

Ookay... so tell us... what makes you a Pats fan? You sound like a Jets fan. And you smell like one too! :) happy face so it doesn't count as a personal insult

I shutter to think what our offense would have looked like today without Branch. I'm glad they went hard after this guy and it's good to have him back. The Patriots know how to use his skills that's for sure. Welcome back Deion! On a side note, he looked bigger than I remember.

The first snap I started out being surprised that Branch was in and note Tate and then I was surprised at how quick Deion looked off the snap. Some were saying he looked quick and healthy with Seattle this year and they were obviously correct.

Anyone want to trade Deion for a 4th? ;)

What I said was over the line, but I don't FEEL much different than what I said, I HATE this guy with a passion that is saved for HATED Rivals, the fact that he is back with the team makes me want to vomit continually because the hatred I feel for him is well beyond normal hatred, I hold this guy with the disdain I hold for Jack Tatum.

pathetic...

"Had I got 2 or 3 passes, I would of been happy we won", this doesn't sound familiar. Glad to have a guy who wants to be here. I won't hold anything against him trying to get his money he's a class act. Maybe David Givens knees will be fixed one day ;) . I'll admit I though we were doomed without moss. This is why I'm here and BB is over there.

e-thug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes