PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Legal Team: Woman Victim of "Consensual Horseplay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that press statement and there was no explicit allegation of alcohol or drug use.
They made a vague statement in the hopes that people such as yourself would jump to conclusions. They are trying to win this trial through the presses, not with the facts.
Basically they are trying to nail Moss because he didn't drive her to the hopsital himself after she dinged her finger? There's just not a lot here folks.
The money digger's attorney knows this, and that's why they are speaking in as vague terms as possible.
When you get right down to it you still have the FACT that the ex-rays on her finger were negative. How do you get around that?

Isn't Moss in the league substance abuse program?

Interestingly, the complainant's lawyer identifies himself as a member of the entertainment and sports law section of the state bar.

No doubt one of many aspring agents that Florida law schools seem to pump out.

I'm sure he took this case in part because of its high profile nature. It's hard to see, though, how it will help him build his practice.

I think this is part of her strategy to make Moss settle, stressing that they'll make all the evidence clear at the hearing. I'm sure they're banking on Moss being worried about a drug suspension.

Edit: But no, he's not in the program

Last edited:
So...they were both fooling around during sex, she got hurt, they were high/drunk, neither one could drive, Randy eventually left, lady is pissed at Randy, etc.

She and her lawyer are trying to pressure Randy to settle before this hearing, where presumably this "evidence" that he was smoking some weed and whatever other embarrassing incidents occurred, will come out.

Umm.... prolly not gonna happen. Unless she has two or more credible witnesses to back up her story, it's a she said/he said thing, and the burden of proof rests with her. She's bluffing with a low card and hoping Randy will fold.

The thing is this: If she files a suit against him, then she also opens herself to discovery motions, and believe you me, Randy's lawyer will be all over her past life, financial records, job history, etc, looking for anything to discredit her. Her neighbors fanily and friends will all be asked to provide statements about her character, etc.

According to one reporter who spoke to her next door neighbor, he's never heard any commotion, police calls, loud parties, etc from her place.

Like I said, the burden of proof is with her, and she may very well rue the day she took this action, unless she has ironclad proof of her allegations. She's playing a damned dangerous game, and it may well blow up in her face.

respects,

Doesn't matter. The league will not be allowed to release those results, if any. due to threat of litigation by the player's union. It's like medical records. You can't go fishing in them without just cause, and the simple allegation of using drugs isn't just cause. Also, if he's being monitored and had failed a test, it would be in evidence by now by him being cited by the league, etc. You heard him at the press conference. There's no way he'd be smoking anything or violating the SAP (if he is even in it) with so much on the line.

Umm.... prolly not gonna happen. Unless she has two or more credible witnesses to back up her story, it's a she said/he said thing, and the burden of proof rests with her. She's bluffing with a low card and hoping Randy will fold.

Definitely she's hoping Moss will fold. Maybe he really doesn't want her to talk about some embarrassing stuff at this hearing. That's what her statement was about: settle this or I'll talk on the 28th about our kinky sex life and all the weed you smoked. Something like that.

Or maybe he won't care. So far all that her side is talking about is this hearing, and his lawyer said this morning her side hasn't filed suit.

She's pretty much missed on that already. Moss has no reason to fold now. It's out in the open. Will anyone be surprised if it comes out that he smokes pot or - shock - has sex ? I doubt she has much more of anything on him and it sounds like she has no significant injury to speak of.

The whole thing is a Soap Opera and the sad part, it's the only topic on this board getting attention.

Yes you're right. How about we pay attention to some of the other fascinating topics on the board, like that oreo commerical, or what food people will be eating on Sunday, or whether the Pats should wear their red jerseys. This board has a lot of dumb topics, the least of which is the stuff going on with Randy.

If you want to talk about some other stuff, post in the topics about the game or start a new thread yourself. It would be appreciated I'm sure by everyone who's sick of the Moss drama.

The thing is this: If she files a suit against him, then she also opens herself to discovery motions, and believe you me, Randy's lawyer will be all over her past life, financial records, job history, etc, looking for anything to discredit her. Her neighbors fanily and friends will all be asked to provide statements about her character, etc.

According to one reporter who spoke to her next door neighbor, he's never heard any commotion, police calls, loud parties, etc from her place.

Like I said, the burden of proof is with her, and she may very well rue the day she took this action, unless she has ironclad proof of her allegations. She's playing a damned dangerous game, and it may well blow up in her face.

respects,

Unfortunately, not a burden of proof but a "preponderance of the evidence." There is a difference, and it does require that the defendant take measures to demonstrate the accuracy of his story.

That's exactly why the moneydigging team is releasing such vague accusations. They want people such as yourself to start some baseless speculation.
It's easy to start jumping to conclusions, when you don't know a lot about the facts of the case.
You're mistaking Rickey Williams for Randy Moss.
Let's get our NFL superstars straight.

Last edited:
That's exactly why the moneydigging team is releasing such vague accusations. They want people such as yourself to start baseless speculation.
You're mistaking Rickey Williams for Randy Moss.
Let's get our NFL superstars straight.

I'm not speculating anything, I just remember him being in some weed related stuff.

I'm not speculating anything, I just remember him being in some weed related stuff.

That was in college. He admitted to smoking every once in a while while in the League but nothing ever came of it.

he probably didn't want to pay for the stitches she had to get in her anus.

anyway, what bothers me is when she filed the complaint apparently she answered yes to the question of whether randy has an alcohol OR drug problem. anyone else hear this on EEI?

You're putting out there that Moss is in the NFL substance abuse program, with no factual basis, when he's not. That's called speculation.

Last edited:
You're putting out there that Moss is in the NFL substance abuse program, with no factual basis, when he's not. That's called speculation.

I'm not speculating, I asked a question.

Yes you're right. How about we pay attention to some of the other fascinating topics on the board, like that oreo commerical, or what food people will be eating on Sunday, or whether the Pats should wear their red jerseys. This board has a lot of dumb topics, the least of which is the stuff going on with Randy.

If you want to talk about some other stuff, post in the topics about the game or start a new thread yourself. It would be appreciated I'm sure by everyone who's sick of the Moss drama.

It's been tried, but they just die, so I guess everyone really only interested in the Moss's personal life, that's even more sad !

Oh well, I'll just wait until it's over and come back. I guess Patriots Planet will have to do for now, their not as into the Moss thing like this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST