PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen says he got death threats from Pats fans AFTER getting cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have retracted his story months before he actually did. And he doesn't publish an article saying he was wrong - just deletes an old tweet. Whatever happened to getting two sources before publishing any story? This was exactly like the Tomase article before SB 42. At least the Herald apologized for that (although I won't read that trash paper again).

Probably some truth to this, there's some dbags everywhere. Least Pats fans wouldn't give Ray Rice a standing ovation AFTER he got suspended for domestic violence. Truly a lot of dbags in Maryland...

10% human beings are mentally ill. I assume Boston doesn't have more or less than the worldwide average.

Boston has gangs (I assume).

Boston still has mafia (I assume).

I wonder if he expects this is only a New England thing? Does he imagine he wouldn't have received death wishes if he did a character assassination of Peyton Manning from fans in Indianapolis or Denver?

HOw do you know Mara was the source?
I don't but it ain't Deep Throat.

The guess is based upon Mara and Goodell both getting dumped on and suddenly Mort sticks his head out of a hole and says "woe is me." Like he's been a victim of the League, too, and we're supposed to feel bad for him. Not revealing your sources when they lie is part of the job, and you could have found a way to remedy things to get to the truth. But I surmise he did NOT want to lose his source going forward.

So I'll say Mara.

He could have retracted his story months before he actually did. And he doesn't publish an article saying he was wrong - just deletes an old tweet. Whatever happened to getting two sources before publishing any story? This was exactly like the Tomase article before SB 42. At least the Herald apologized for that (although I won't read that trash paper again).
It's funny the way you capitalize "AFTER" as though the death threats were just fine before the diagnosis.

10% human beings are mentally ill. I assume Boston doesn't have more or less than the worldwide average.

Boston has gangs (I assume).

Boston still has mafia (I assume).

I wonder if he expects this is only a New England thing? Does he imagine he wouldn't have received death wishes if he did a character assassination of Peyton Manning from fans in Indianapolis or Denver?
I would say that Bostonians are kind of rabid sports fans... just saying. Comparing us to Indie fans is a joke.

Mort...be a man.

He spread lies, doubled down, and did it on the Internet...I don't know what he expected.

I can understand why others might feel bad for him, but I don't. He made that bed.

Probably some truth to this, there's some dbags everywhere. Least Pats fans wouldn't give Ray Rice a standing ovation AFTER he got suspended for domestic violence. Truly a lot of dbags in Maryland...

True facts. The Ravens, perhaps more than most teams, are a reflection of their hometown.

512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg
g3ib1.jpg

I would say that Bostonians are kind of rabid sports fans... just saying. Comparing us to Indie fans is a joke.

So you are saying nobody in Indianapolis idolizes Manning? Indianapolis doesnt have criminal types that love sports and think nothing of using violence to express themselves?

Supposedly Kyle Williams received death threats after botching two punts. Bostic received death threats after botching an onside kick and supposedly so hasn't Pete Carroll after he tried to squeeze in a pass play before having Lynch pound it in.

New England Patriots fan 'jokes' to Baltimore Ravens WR Torrey Smith about brother's death, receives death threats (as well as rape threats)

The average fan in Boston might be more fanatical about their teams than in many other parts of the country. But unfortunately, the threat of violence is pretty universal.

Last edited:
Looks like Gisele's hit squad didn't follow up....

10% human beings are mentally ill.

I'd love to get a link supporting this, but I agree it's at least 10%. I only have to observe how people drive to believe that.

Back to the story, I'd like this to embarrass the NFL for messing with the PSI numbers. Do you remember what happened when Arthur Andersen was not faithful to the numbers?

Has he even taken any responsibility whatsoever in this matter? Honest question, because it seems like he's been trying to skate on any sort of wrong-doing..

At every turn hes thrown people under the bus when it's gotten hot. The Krafts. Dennis & Callahan. Brady. Belichick. Ted Wells. Now the league

Everyone.

Mort is a pretty low-character guy and his cancer will never change my opinion of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes