PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... it's so tempting. I mean, the guy is so universally hated, why would he post here? What a loser.
Because he's a div rival. It's like that. It's natural. Div rivalries are a bit different. Be gracious enough to allow Aqua to toss his thing. However bogus it may be? Understand that Aqua is suffering from a 35+ year hangover that will ABSOLUTELY NEVER END until and unless the phins get it done in his life time. It's like that for Aqua. I understand that.

As a Bolts fan, any football related misfortune the faiders, the donkeys, or the chefs encounter is welcomed. It's not personal.

The div rival hand clap for legit adversity begins at the mid stomach level and continues rising up through the stomach level to the above the head level and ends with a throw back of the hands that clearly suggests, whatever!? ;)

It's like that and we know this. ;)

For me as a Bolts fan it's a bit different. Yea, we're intra conf rivals this is true. But we have ties as far as Rodney (and Junior) are concerned. Rodney was with us his 1st 9 years. He's been with you his last 4. Junior was with us what? His 1st 12-13 years? Whatever.

Yea I know Junior has nothing to do with what this thread is about and I'm not suggesting any thing of that sort. I'm saying I'm a Bolts fan who's watched both of them from day one. I love everything they've done and the havoc they generally wreak regardless of whom they're playing for. Whether they're playing for the Bolts or the enemy, whatever? I am disappointed in Rodney but I must acknowledge that it is in fact easier for me to let it go then it was for me with Merriman. But bottom line? RH is a former Bolt and I do and will always care.

That Beoli and co? Or Peoli in co? Is it Beoli or Peoli? Not sure? Whomever it is, that they saw fit to acquire RH and then JS was in fact wise. Not stupid.

W/regard to JS, everytime he's on the field he's gonna be thinking about playing in an inspired way for Rodney in the back of his mind. Not suggesting JS doesn't play that way on a reg basis. Just saying there's something about this kind of circumstance. Lets face it. JS is nearing the end.

As is RH. But not this year for RH. I would not be surprised at all if he doesn't come back and make a diff in the very 1st game he's in. He's that kinda player. I know this.

Obviously RH made a mistake. RH made a mistake that I'm sure miffs the right wing of the pat nation mightily. Oh well? Move beyond it - deal.
That said, I've read talk on this board about how many think everyone in the NFL will be hovering over your waiver wire. Not gonna argue that. Some teams may? Please do understand the same holds true for the Bolts. I'd be extremely surprised if you let anyone go we'd be interested in. It's like that.

I'm just saying the last 3 we let go will be headed elsewhere before their names are even visible on the waiver wire. ;)

Come week 2 SD's coming to town with bad intent. Period.

Who are the pats gonna be?

Last edited:
Because he's a div rival. It's like that. It's natural. Div rivalries are a bit different. Be gracious enough to allow Aqua to toss his thing. However bogus it may be? Understand that Aqua is suffering from a 35+ year hangover that will ABSOLUTELY NEVER END until and unless the phins get it done in his life time. It's like that for Aqua. I understand that.
As the Big O would say, "you're making my point". You come to this board and are respectful and knowledgable, and you probably take little if any slack. So you're not hated. But that prick... oy!

Biggest cheap shot artist in the NFL and he uses illegal performance enhancing drugs. There's a guy I want to root for.:rolleyes: Add to the list of reasons opposing fans hate Rodney "cheap shot/hgh" Harrison.

Kevin Mawae is a bigger cheap shot artist than Harrison ever way. The only reason he got noted for it was because of the whiny cry-baby receivers who took the brunt of his hits.

Rodney is just another over paid sports cheater.

This is so friggin absurd.

Do you take drugs when you are sick? Even homeopathic ones? You do know that they are homeopathic medicines that are banned, right?

Yes, Rodney used HGH. Rodney had a prescription for HGH. Rodney ADMITTED to using HGH after admitting to purchasing it.

Let me ask you this. Are you JESUS? Are you so damn perfect that you've never made a mistake? If you answered NO to either one then who the hell are you to say he's a cheater. If he was using it during the season and games, then I'd agree with you. However, that isn't what was said. And its obscene for you to imply otherwise.

Some players have routinely abused anabolic steroids and HGH for years, to get bigger, stronger, faster not to mention just to make it into the league. Others have resorted to them to help them rebound from injuries. I would like to think that in Rodney's case it was the latter. Illegal but understandable, and given what he's done for this team IMHO ultimately forgivable. And that's not even knowing he actually used them, because all they can have on him at this juncture is possibly acquiring them.

With fans like you...eh, nevermind.

Given what football players go through to play this game I am much more sympathetic to there use of something like HGH. The fact is if this stuff can't be tested for. I would assume that a large percentage of football players are using or have used it. Rodney Harrison broke the rules and is being suspended and thats completely fair. At least he didn't try to deny using it like most players will likely do.
I find it slightly hypocritical to celebrate a sport with so much brutality and then be dissapointed in the players for doing what they have to do to survive in that atmosphere.

According to this report, Rodney told the commissioner the truth. He admitted purchasing HGH. That is more than any other baseball or football player has done that I have ever heard of. My only thought is: I hope Rodney keeps himself in shape for week 5, and busts some mofos up when he gets back. Take your medicine and wreak vengeance when you return, #37. Rodney hasn't even played football for 2 years and was probably trying to heal his broken body. I just turned 34 and after a deadlift workout my joint and bones crack and ache and I feel like an old man. God knows how Rodney has felt these last few years recovering from injury after injury. Some fickle fans will turn on him, but I hope hard core Pats fans give him the opportunity for redemption.

it's called the Mike Vick Rule. Tell the truth or lose your career.

Rodney's suspended!

Harrison will be suspended 4 games
Associated Press, Updated 3 hours ago

Rodney Harrison, the frequently fined strong safety who solidified the New England Patriots' defense through back-to-back Super Bowl victories, will miss the first four games of the NFL season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

"Tomorrow, the commissioner will announce I have been suspended," a somber Harrison said in a hastily announced conference call with reporters on Friday night after ESPN.com reported that he had admitted obtaining human growth hormone.
Harrison did not take questions or confirm the banned substance involved.

"I want to make it clear that not once did I ever use steroids," he said. "I did admit to the commissioner that I did, in fact, use a banned substance."

More:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7177466?MSNHPHMA

Last edited:
Kevin Mawae is a bigger cheap shot artist than Harrison ever way. The only reason he got noted for it was because of the whiny cry-baby receivers who took the brunt of his hits.

He's got the cheap shots and now the cheating lable too boot. What a role model! :rolleyes:

He's got the cheap shots and now the cheating lable too (sic) boot. What a role model! :rolleyes:

Anybody else find this ironic from a guy who welched, not once, but twice on 'bets' he made here on Patsfans?

Anybody else find this ironic from a guy who welched, not once, but twice on 'bets' he made here on Patsfans?

My only question is why is he still here? He should have been banned a long time ago.

Re: Rodney's suspended!

:eek: When did this happen! :eek:
:D :D

My only question is why is he still here? He should have been banned a long time ago.

He's here because as a complete loser in normal life the only kind of attention he can get is negative attention which he thrives on here. Amazingly, nothing embarrases the loser. DaBruinz has schooled him repeatedly about blatant errors in his football blog but the dweeb has no ability to learn.

Stunned at this.

Me too, Miguel. I'm really disappointed. :(

In 2003 the Patriots gave Harrison a $2.5 million signing bonus as part of his 6-year deal. In 2005 Harrison converted part of his salary (around 765,000)into a signing bonus. IMO, the Patriots should attempt to recover the prorated portion for the 4 games that he will miss. They should do this not for the money but for the principle.

Very bummed out about this...

In 2003 the Patriots gave Harrison a $2.5 million signing bonus as part of his 6-year deal. In 2005 Harrison converted part of his salary (around 765,000)into a signing bonus. IMO, the Patriots should attempt to recover the prorated portion for the 4 games that he will miss. They should do this not for the money but for the principle.

You are correct. By not doing so, they set a precedent that could be used against them. It's a business. OTOH, in a small business, personal relationships are very important. I'd think long and hard AFTER the emotions die down before taking such an action were I Kraft.

Me too, Miguel. I'm really disappointed. :(

Same here, my friend told me i looked like i just watched my dog get hit by a car when i seen this news scroll through on the nesn scoreboard while watching the sox last night. I just really cant find anyway to sugar coat this, injuries are no excuse for becoming a cheat imo!

Rodney is NOT my friend. If I died tomorrow, Rodney Harrison would not be at my funeral. He is a player on a football team that I root for, nothing more, nothing less. Implying that there is some kind of bond of friendship between the fans and players is ridiculous beyond words.

You are a fan,aren't you? When a player of your team makes a mistake and gives a heart felt apology that goes well beyond "I'm sorry I got caught", you can't forgive and support him?

You are right Rodney is no personal friend of yours or mine, however he is a member of the team that we love. The difference between real fans and bandwagon fans is that real fans are loyal. Real fans will not condone the action but will forgive when a player shows that he is truly sorry and has paid the price.

Many post on this thread remind me of so called friends that are no where to be found when they are really needed. Which one are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back