PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moron of the Night: Reggie Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where was that piece of Jaguars TRASH tonight?

I don't know, I'm not a Spicer fan, so I really couldn't tell you. I'm a Maurice Jones-Drew and David Garrard Fan, both are gentlemens and awesome people.

3) He Does instruct his players to be careful about what they say about an opponent in the press, but doesn't dictate because he understands that they are adults and should know better.

Wow.

Then that DOES illustrate the difference between the New England Patriots and your team.

Enjoy the offseason.

:rofl: hjhgjhgjhgjghjhgjhgjgh
Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

The Patriots have rookies also. However, they extensively educate their rookies (and other players, Mr. Spicer) on how to conduct themselves with the press. It's just one more facet that sets the Patriots apart from the pack.

Week after week, we get to see (and shake our heads in disbelief) at the stupid, unprofessional and just plain weird things opposing players say either before a game (great media strategy, Messrs. Spicer, Anthony Smith and FredEx) or after a game (Mr. Nelson - - you will now be ridiculed for the next 48 hours coast to coast and on Monday's PTI).

Wow.

Then that DOES illustrate the difference between the New England Patriots and your team.

Enjoy the offseason.

We will, we had a great season and went farther than most expected us to go. It was a success in my books and I look forward to Next year because we have a bright future ahead.

Last edited:
Until the Jaguars beat the Colts, your team will always be pretenders.

*Shrugs* I prefer to not insult people. It's a shame you don't exhibit the same humbleness Belichick stressed to his team by respecting every team they play. No one likes a sore loser (Reggie Nelson), but a Sore Winner is definitely worse.

Last edited:
*Shrugs* I prefer to not insult people. It's a shame you don't exhibit the same humbleness Belichick stress by respecting every team he plays. No one likes a sore loser (Reggie Nelson), but a Sore Winner is definitely worse.
The same was true with Indianapolis and Tennessee earlier this decade. Indianapolis could not win the division and Tennessee always seemed to stand in the way. However, Indianapolis finally overcame their nemesis and eventually won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning at quarterback. My prior statement is accurate and until the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Indianapolis Colts in the regular season and win their division, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be playoff pretenders.

No, you can be a fan of the team and not be a fan of a player on the team... Don't try and manipulate my words, please.
Then tell the idiot to keep his mouth shut, regardless of the opponent.

jeez......lay-off Jaguar Hopefull.Ya can't nit-pick everything he says.He seeme to be a fine representative of his team.

The Jags are really good....especially Garrad and Mathis.Jack Del Rio is a fine coach,just a little too
upfront for my taste.....like Bill Cowher.

Speaking of Reggie Nelson,before you call the kettle black,remember our own "wild child",Ellis Hobbs,He's done and said some things that have made me cringe......

...and Junior Seau,with that fist-pumping is getting very,very irritating.

Jaguar H...you're welcome here,anytime.

The same was true with Indianapolis and Tennessee earlier this decade. Indianapolis could not win the division and Tennessee always seemed to stand in the way. However, Indianapolis finally overcame their nemesis and eventually won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning at quarterback. My prior statement is accurate and until the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Indianapolis Colts in the regular season and win their division, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be playoff pretenders.

Then that really makes one team each year a "genuine" playoff team, and honestly that really doesn't make that much sense. I had this discussion with a friend of mine. We asked what made a season "successful?"

I mean, honestly you can't say "win" the Super Bowl as the ONLY determining factor as to what is a successful season, because then that would imply that only one team each year is successful.

Would it be only teams who make it to the Playoffs? That sounds more legitimate, but then there are those teams like the Arizona Cardinals who have never really had a winning record and came out this year as 8-8 and grabbed second in their division. Did the Cardinals have a successful year?

The term "Pretender" means "someone who makes unjust or false claims" and that honestly does not apply to the Jaguars, yes I would say that Spicer fits the bill as a "Pretender" (Just as Smith from the Steelers does) because he didn't back his claims...

But to say that the WHOLE team is a Playoff Pretender is absurd. For if we are Playoff Pretenders then that must mean the Steelers, whom we beat twice, are Playoff Pretenders. Which can't be true since they recently won a Super Bowl.

Anyways, good luck next week against the Chargers/Colts!

Last edited:
Then tell the idiot to keep his mouth shut, regardless of the opponent.

Hahaha, this is the dumbest post ever. "Yes, Mr. Anonymous Internet Jaguar fan, go tell a professional NFL player how to conduct himself."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mariotti/739059,mariotti011308.article

Fun to watch, too. Without hiccups by Benjamin Watson and Wes Welker, we'd have seen football's version of a perfect game instead of, well, a no-hitter. The only person not blown away by Brady's dart-throwing exhibition -- it established the all-time record for completion percentage, postseason and regular season -- was Jaguars rookie cornerback Reggie Nelson. Becoming the latest dummy to take shots at New England, Nelson said, ``Anyone can go 26 of 28 in a dropdown game.''

Dropdown meaning, dink and dunk.

I'm usually here to defend when the media is picking on a player for a story, but Reggie shouldn't of said that. That's just dumb. He's going to be a good player in the league one day, and he doesn't need to be discrediting Brady for efficiently taking exactly what the defense was giving him. He's young, and maybe it was a little too quick for the media to be questioning a guy who plays with his heart on his sleeve and just got knocked out of the playoffs what he thinks about a record that was just set against him, but those are moments where you keep your composure and vent in solitude and amongst teammates, not to the media.

Last edited:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mariotti/739059,mariotti011308.article

Fun to watch, too. Without hiccups by Benjamin Watson and Wes Welker, we'd have seen football's version of a perfect game instead of, well, a no-hitter. The only person not blown away by Brady's dart-throwing exhibition -- it established the all-time record for completion percentage, postseason and regular season -- was Jaguars rookie cornerback Reggie Nelson. Becoming the latest dummy to take shots at New England, Nelson said, ``Anyone can go 26 of 28 in a dropdown game.''

Dropdown meaning, dink and dunk.

I suspect that Jack Del Rio will read that and rightly tear him a new one. He is in for extra reps this offseason.

Why say this!?

Playing in the NFL is a privledge. Playing against great players is also a privledge. Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest and you want to tell you grandkids years from now, "yeah, I went up against Tom Brady and he was great." But no, you dis Tom Brady, the MVP and multiple SB Champion who had a nearly perfect performance against your team and everyone on ESPN, NFLN etc... is calling you Reggie out as a fool for the sour grapes comment. Way to go Reggie, way to go. Now that is something to share with your grandkids years from now.

Now just shut up and go home!

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry, but it's stuff like that that I'm glad Del Rio isn't like Belicheck. That's just, in my opinion, a little cold and harsh... But then again, he does live and play in New England... The buck does stop with Del Rio, and I can promise you he is going to (or ALREADY has) have a talk with Reggie Nelson and Paul Spicer... He doesn't like public humiliating people and that is one philosophy that he has never subscribed to.

Yea Vic is a good analyst, but I still hate how in one fell swoop he has ruined the perception of the whole team. There is a saying that goes something like this, "It only takes one bad call to erase a thousand good calls."

It isn't just Bellichick that plays that role with the rookies. The veterans in the locker room make it known that rookies are to be seen and work hard but not be heard. They "are not allowed" to speak until their second year.

`Anyone can go 26 of 28 in a dropdown game.''

Since anyone can do it I wonder why his guy didn't?

Oh, maybe they're too tough or too smart to take what's there? Ah, I get it, the gladiotor thing. Good on 'em. Now go lay down, gladiators.

Honestly, Reggie Nelson is still learning a lot. He's going to be a solid Defensive back in the NFL and has shown signs of brilliance (and signs of needing improvement)... He's still a Rookie, so I expect him to make immature statements like that. Give him two to three more years and let him settle down. Picking on the Rookie and saying he "speaks" for the whole defense is a little absurd.

Yeah our rookies always make immature statements.

In the cone of silence.

cone_1.jpg

Last edited:
He's a great coach, just because he doesn't coach like Belichick (no offense, nor would I want him to) doesn't make him a terrible coach, mind you....

You're stretching it with "great". He's good. probably not even very good.

Great describes Gibbs, Noll, Lombardi and yes, Belichick. Calling a guy who's never won an NFL Playoff game "great" is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back