PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morning sports update: Kyle Van Noy initially wasn’t happy about being traded to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him as a player. He has an exuberance on the field and the sidelines that I think is contagious. And he’s a really good “do your job” player. I think we now see why the Pats targeted him for a trade. Definitely one of Belichick’s better trades.
In terms of trades he might be in the top 5 with Dillon, Welker and Moss

Getting traded must feel like a slap, especially in a sport like football where trades are uncommon. Nobody wants to feel unwanted, especially if, like Van Noy, your years of hard work and rehab are finally starting to pay off on the field.

Plus a midseason trade to a team with a different scheme is incredibly stressful. I imagine anybody would be pissed off, Patriots or no.

I wonder how much what your team receives for you effects your desire to stick it to your old team. In baseball at least you can see the players they received for you and make a comparison. Kyle can
only see his value as a 6 1/2 round draft choice and it should have been motivating.

Last edited:
He’s sneaky one of my favorite players in the league. Great motor on the field and a smart, funny guy.
I'm bummed he's not going to be doing america's game. I really wanted him to do it.

He’s sneaky one of my favorite players in the league. Great motor on the field and a smart, funny guy.
I agree. Good replacement for Nink. Felt the same about him.

KVN a great deal for the Pats and a great player on the field...

He is also an excellent off the field guy as well on July 19 he took 80 children in foster care to a premiere of "The Lion King", which was pretty cool...

Van Noy Valor Foundation

Every time I see an interview with him I always feel "Gee, one has to always be on one's toes around this guy". I can't put my finger on it, but he seems "different". Always a bit mentally challenging to the other person in a discussion. Sometimes I get initmidated just watching him speak :D. Does anyone else get that vibe about KVN?

He's very different in person. Ran into him twice, at Wegman's in Westwood. The second time we had a conversation, and I told him I was glad he was here to stay, and he said he was too. Seemed quite happy.

He was an unknown guy prior to arriving here and has definitely been a solid contributor since that day.

He was relatively unknown because he hadn't made a splash yet, but he was a first round pick, right? I think he was known but everyone just assumed he was a bust due to injury and playing for the Lions.

Getting traded must feel like a slap, especially in a sport like football where trades are uncommon. Nobody wants to feel unwanted, especially if, like Van Noy, your years of hard work and rehab are finally starting to pay off on the field.

Plus a midseason trade to a team with a different scheme is incredibly stressful. I imagine anybody would be pissed off, Patriots or no.

Absolutely. I got laid off and ended up in a much better position with a much better company. But I still look back at my old "team" and get pissed that they cut me loose so easily. No one's pride likes to take that kind of hit.

I’d feel unwanted if I went from being a second round pick who a team traded up to get for a 6th round pick. Your a starter and to be told your not worth even a 6th round pick without a sweetener has to hurt.

He used that being pissed pretty well to 3 straight Super Bowls. I think he could have won MVP vs the Rams if not for the fact the whole defence were lights out. I hope he makes it 4 in a row with btb wins

I always had a touch of sympathy for players who were traded out of the blue. Not so much because of the blow to the ego of being "unwanted" but for the simple logistics of someone who has a job being told quite suddenly and without notice: "hey, you have to completely uproot your life and move hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away. You have 36 hours to report."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back