PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More proof that the coaching staff reads and relies on this forum.

Oy vey !

In the words of Mark Twain, "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."

Warning:
You are now entering a Spin Zone

“They outcoached us, outplayed us, it was a tough game," Mayo said. "I'm not going to sit here and offer excuses. What I will say to Rodney --- because this is like the third time this has come up as far as what Rodney has said in this regard --- if you zoom out and look at the season as a whole, we ended up third in points per game, which is really the most important thing, and I think sixth or seventh as far as yards per game. If you go into a season saying you're gonna have these numbers -- obviously the expectation is always to be number one -- but number three and number seven ain't bad.

Disclosure: You have now exited the Spin Zone

Two Season Defining Games===>ZERO PUNTS
(but great against garbage teams)

Last edited:
I have seen Curran and Reiss make posts on other Pats fan MB’s…..years ago though.

But with pats fans.com being the big dog of Pats MB’s (however many are left), I am 100% sure all media members…even Fleger and Zolak read these boards… you cannot harvest stories from Twitter all the time….
I'm 100% convinced Curran reads this forum at least semi-regularly.

I'm 100% convinced Curran reads this forum at least semi-regularly.

I know that (years ago, when I listened to them regularly), Felger and Mazz would bring up Patsfans a fair bit, but it was always in a mocking tone. It was basically a stand in for the more ravenous fanbase in general. I doubt they personally every read it, but they probably had an intern scouring it for some of the more ridiculous fan takes so they could say, "See!? The homers are nuts!"

I know that (years ago, when I listened to them regularly), Felger and Mazz would bring up Patsfans a fair bit, but it was always in a mocking tone. It was basically a stand in for the more ravenous fanbase in general. I doubt they personally every read it, but they probably had an intern scouring it for some of the more ridiculous fan takes so they could say, "See!? The homers are nuts!"
Just another take on why those two, specifically, are on my "do not listen to" list.

Judon has said that the defensive collapse was because many players "free-lanced" rather than follow their assigned tasks. If true, this fact begs for a strong DC to keep them focused.
Very true. But I just can't see BB demoting his son. We're all wishing Mayo would get the sole DC title, which would theoretically fix the reason guys feel they have to freelance - because reportedly they didn't trust Stevie Jr.

Oy vey !

In the words of Mark Twain, "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."

Warning:
You are now entering a Spin Zone

“They outcoached us, outplayed us, it was a tough game," Mayo said. "I'm not going to sit here and offer excuses. What I will say to Rodney --- because this is like the third time this has come up as far as what Rodney has said in this regard --- if you zoom out and look at the season as a whole, we ended up third in points per game, which is really the most important thing, and I think sixth or seventh as far as yards per game. If you go into a season saying you're gonna have these numbers -- obviously the expectation is always to be number one -- but number three and number seven ain't bad.

Disclosure: You have now exited the Spin Zone

Two Season Defining Games===>ZERO PUNTS
(but great against garbage teams)
Don't like that spin by Mayo. "Hey, we got curb stomped but the stats look good."

Didnt someone off this board get a sports media gig?

IMO, Miguel is qualified to work on an NFLs team cap. With limited information, he is able to paint a fairly accurate cap picture of where the Pats stand.

Charlie Weis knew exactly who NEM was. One off season, Charlie even sent NEM and autographed 8 x 12 picture of himself from training camp.

Surely somebody on here could find an actual NFL WR in the draft.
Field Yates used to post here but I’m not sure that it was ever revealed what his handle was.

Which Patriots coach or front office guy posts here as The Joker? :)

I could see Evan Lazar and the guy he used to work with having an account or lurk.

The board had mentioned Curran used to post here back in the day.

I could see Reiss, Yates and Gasper lurking or posting back in the day.

Sounds like I missed a lot of drama here before I joined Patsfans. lol

That Tom C link brought up so many sorely missed posters gone from Patsfans
Yup. A ton of colorful personalities. This version of the board is like watching paint dry compared to back then. It’s like Red’s description of Shawshank Prison after Andy Dufresne escaped.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back