PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana dissing TFB ….. again.

Ghost of Ben Dreith

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

As usual…Montana can’t admit the obvious.

Am I just as screwed up for caring….maybe….but I’m thinking no just because I put Montana in the same box as Assante Samual……they will both refuse to give the Pats or TFB the credit they both deserve.

I don’t even get mad anymore….kinda like owning a car in San Francisco and finding your windows broken….it’s just an expectation.

Meh everyone is entitled to their opinion.

From a pure talent standpoint he probably is. Poor decision making at crucial times and a lack of either a running game or will to run cost him.

“Put Marino into today’s game where he gets free release… and his receivers, holy cow, weren’t very big,” Montana said.
"If Marino time travels..." is quite the argument.

Look ... You can make the argument that the best PASSER was Marino - maybe even Peyton. Marino's quick release was something to behold.

That said, a QB is more than his passing. Leadership, identifying defenses, adjusting protections and routes from the pre-snap read, going through progressions, making the best decision for that play, and not worrying about stats.

Add all that up, and TB was the best. Period.

Listen to what has been said by All Pro and HoF defenders who faced him. These are guys who saw first hand how cold and surgical TB was.

Look at SB win #6 - TB was the one who said "Kick the damn Field goal, game's over." Other QB's wouldn't lobby for that. They would agree when the coach proposed it, but they wouldn't be the ones to bring it up.

Any Top X list for best QB, best NFL player, most dominant in their sport - any of them - needs its title to end with "Besides Tom Brady."

Joe is just angry that he only won 4 rings. He missed his chances at capturing 2 other rings, when he was replaced by Steve Young and when he went to KC and has no superbowl to show for.

“He had a quick release. I had to step into a lot of things to get enough [force] on the ball,” the NFL legend said. “He had the perfect torque of his upper body and strength to deliver the ball quickly at a fast release with accuracy.”
Ok and John Ross had the fastest 40 time ever. Having the fastest release, running ability, strongest arm, etc. means nothing, no matter the position.

Brady's release was plenty fast enough and had a great arm even at 43-44. At some point, nitpicking how much faster a QBs release was, or how good their arm was, is irrelevant. And people who start analyzing and focusing on those things have already lost the debate, whether it's attempting to put someone above Brady (which is usually why people resort to those types of arguments), or any QB vs QB debate for that matter.

Defense wins championships (most of the time). The Fins didn’t have a good enough defense in the Marino years.

Marino is the purest passer of all time. Unfortunately for him there's more to being a qb. Montana can't give brady his due because brady was in the same mold,same style, a better version. The 2.0 they both had the it factor. Imagine how bad Montana would be if the niners drafted brady instead of Giovanni carmazzi

Marino is the purest passer of all time. Unfortunately for him there's more to being a qb. Montana can't give brady his due because brady was in the same mold,same style, a better version. The 2.0 they both had the it factor. Imagine how bad Montana would be if the niners drafted brady instead of Giovanni carmazzi
I agree with that. And by far the biggest NFL QB douche bag to ever live. I know multiple people that have met him and he is beyond a shadow of a doubt a true piece of ****. Brady is closer to Montana than Marino.

I agree with that. And by far the biggest NFL QB douche bag to ever live. I know multiple people that have met him and he is beyond a shadow of a doubt a true piece of ****. Brady is closer to Montana than Marino.
Not the best qb...but the guy had a powerful arm and could throw the deep ball and outs like no one else who ever played the game. He was a ****y son of a b, that's for sure.

Joe Montana Gives His Pick For The Best QB Ever And His Answer Is Kind Of Surprising

community-noo.gif

Look ... You can make the argument that the best PASSER was Marino - maybe even Peyton. Marino's quick release was something to behold.

That said, a QB is more than his passing. Leadership, identifying defenses, adjusting protections and routes from the pre-snap read, going through progressions, making the best decision for that play, and not worrying about stats.

Add all that up, and TB was the best. Period.

Listen to what has been said by All Pro and HoF defenders who faced him. These are guys who saw first hand how cold and surgical TB was.

Look at SB win #6 - TB was the one who said "Kick the damn Field goal, game's over." Other QB's wouldn't lobby for that. They would agree when the coach proposed it, but they wouldn't be the ones to bring it up.

Any Top X list for best QB, best NFL player, most dominant in their sport - any of them - needs its title to end with "Besides Tom Brady."
Exactly. It world be like saying Vince Carter is the greatest SG ever because he was the best dunker at the position

Marino didn’t win anything because he would never get over the fact he couldn’t whip it at a receiver who was five yards away from him and then be surprised/angry when the guy dropped it.

Literally went on for the better part of a decade and it was irritating to see anytime he was on television (unless it was against the Patriots), it was ridiculous. Guy had an arm and threw well downfield but didn’t have the intricacies you need in the short game the way Brady or Montana did. Nor did he do the little things, which is too bad because he was a talented guy.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back