PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football: Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions - preview and prediction

Re: Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

Field goal handed to Baltimore near the end of the half. Difference in the game.

Anyone want to argue otherwise?

Now listen to the espn ball washing. I'm surprised Trent and Steve (I'm related by marriage, ashamed tonight given his bumbling) can even speak with Goodell's ratings schlong down their throat.

Yeah, the Lions gave away this game as much as the Ravens won it. Megatron dropped a ton of balls this game.

Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

I agree, but they are beatable. We played them well last year in Baltimore. I still think it will be a tough game and we very well may lose, but I am feeling better than I would have had they lost. The Ravens in a do or die situation are virtually unbeatable.

Pats this year are worse then the team that played them last year...we have no D at all

you are comparing our pats team from this yr to last yr ?

And you can't compare this Baltimore team to last years. This Baltimore team as a whole isn't as good.

This line of thinking baffles me. If they had lost tonight, we clinch a playoff spot. Now, we need to somehow beat somebody with TFB and 21 backups.

If the Patriots can't beat the Bills at home, how do you think the playoffs are going to go?

I'd rather have a chance at the bye with the Ravens winning tonight, and therefore playing their butts off against the Bengals, than simply qualifying for the playoffs.

Sorry - I'm not meaning to compare him to Romo. But he didn't play well. How do you throw two 3rd and short interceptions? And that last throw was just ridiculously bad.

The Lions had to work really hard to lose that one.

That's what makes them the Lions. They have about as much talent as any team in the NFL, and they're a .500 team. They're like a more talented version of the Rex Ryan Jets, without the postseason luck.

Field goal handed to Baltimore near the end of the half. Difference in the game.

Anyone want to argue otherwise?

Now listen to the espn ball washing. I'm surprised Trent and Steve (I'm related by marriage, ashamed tonight given his bumbling) can even speak with Goodell's ratings schlong down their throat.

That should have been called PI. Lions got lucky it was a personal foul instead.

And you can't compare this Baltimore team to last years. This Baltimore team as a whole isn't as good.

Its certainly better on defense than last yr. They may not have played like it but they are better than last yr on defense.

Pats this year are worse then the team that played them last year...we have no D at all

And the Ravens have no offense. It balances itself out. The Ravens only got 18 points and they aren't kicking a 61 yard field goal outside to win the game. The Ravens scored the third fewest points vs the Lions all year.

And the Ravens have no offense. It balances itself out. The Ravens only got 18 points and they aren't kicking a 61 yard field goal outside to win the game. The Ravens scored the third fewest points vs the Lions all year.

Lions front is > Pats front. Cannot compare pats defense to the lions defense as stupid as they might be.

Any interest in Arthur Jones in free agency?

Its certainly better on defense than last yr. They may not have played like it but they are better than last yr on defense.

And they are certainly worse on offense. And the weather could slow down their offense especially with Flacco's floaters.

That's what makes them the Lions. They have about as much talent as any team in the NFL, and they're a .500 team. They're like a more talented version of the Rex Ryan Jets, without the postseason luck.

I think a lot of their talent (especially Suh) is severely overrated because they were big name, high draft picks. Their coach is mediocre, their quarterback is mediocre, they have no offensive line, and their defense is pretty bad.

Lions front is > Pats front. Cannot compare pats defense to the lions defense as stupid as they might be.

Not comparing the Pats' front to the Lions'. I comparing the Ravens' offensive production tonight vs. all the other offenses that faced the Lions.

And they are certainly worse on offense. And the weather could slow down their offense especially with Flacco's floaters.

You seriously think with all the pats injuries including a LT possibly missing the game this week is equal to this baltimore team on the road ? Case keenum and jason campbell had field days vs our team. I hope our team wins and bet they will play hard but you cant be serious we are the same as the ravens.

If the Patriots can't beat the Bills at home, how do you think the playoffs are going to go?

I'd rather have a chance at the bye with the Ravens winning tonight, and therefore playing their butts off against the Bengals, than simply qualifying for the playoffs.

Yeah, I think the Pats got what they wanted tonight. The Ravens played a physical game with a short week to prepare and if the Pats win on Sunday, the Ravens are playing for something the last week of the season. If the Ravens lost tonight and next week, they would be out of the playoffs if Miami wins next week.

I think a lot of their talent (especially Suh) is severely overrated because they were big name, high draft picks. Their coach is mediocre, their quarterback is mediocre, they have no offensive line, and their defense is pretty bad.

Suh is arguably the most talented 4-3 DT in the NFL. His problems are consistency and dirty play, which is the same as the team in general. IF BB had a guy like that playing next to a healthy Wilfork, we'd be looking at something similar to the Wilfork/Seymour days.

Fortunately for the rest of the league, the Lions have let him get away with being a chucklehead, to the detriment of the team.

Re: Re: Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

That should have been called PI. Lions got lucky it was a personal foul instead.

All three playing the ball, receiver diving back for it through two defenders.

Yeah, the Lions gave away this game as much as the Ravens won it. Megatron dropped a ton of balls this game.

missed most the game, I'm take your word.

Sure.... The difference in the game was a kicker making a 61 yard field goal that was not aided by the officials.

If the refs call the first quarter right the pats never worry about an onside kick against Cleveland. Poor calls and free points are just that, free points. Take them off the board and look at the results then.

Nfl is quickly becoming nba, and I despise it. Anyone want to let me know what teams need to "choke," to keep two others alive next week? Pats for one, so I'll take Baltimore on officiating at home. Chandler Jones can't buy a call to save his life, for starters.

Most importantly, no pi on arm bar in end zone for Detroit....

Any takers? What's the line? I'd give up two and a half.

The fix is in...again...in the grasp? Holding all year has been non existent. But the LB tonight should have been flagged...lol. this game us turning into a joke rapidly.

What exactly is the doomsday scenario for the 2013 Pats?

Baltimore wins next 2, Miami wins next 2 and NE loses to Buf. That's it right?

You seriously think with all the pats injuries including a LT possibly missing the game this week is equal to this baltimore team on the road ? Case keenum and jason campbell had field days vs our team. I hope our team wins and bet they will play hard but you cant be serious we are the same as the ravens.

First. We don't know if Solder is out.

Second, I think the Pats can certainly win this game. This Ravens team is not the 2000 Ravens. The Pats are certainly capable of beating the Ravens. They probably should have lost tonight if the refs called PI in the end zone like they should have and Megatron didn't drop so many balls.

Third, it is likely to be swirling winds this time of the year in Baltimore. Flacco is like Manning when it comes to wind. Add to the fact that he got injured tonight, he could be off al next week.

I am not guaranteeing a win, but I don't get this Chicken Little attitude. The Ravens are a good, not a great team.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back