PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod-edited title] Edelman unlikely to be able to play full season; no plans to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he gets serious consideration but he makes for an interesting case given the post season records and SB MVP.

I don’t think there’s currently precedent for it but there should be exceptions for great post season players.
Yeah, it’s just my opinion that he deserves it. He’s the most prolific WR in Super Bowl history in spite of the fact that he actually missed one game (and it happened to be the game with Brady and the offense’s greatest output of any contest he’s been in). In the end, he probably doesn’t have the sheer volume stats during regular and postseason combined to get a nod.

For some reason he never connected with Cam...

For some reason he never connected with Cam...

Injury played a huge role in that. He started the season already hurt and deteriorated as the year went on until he had to be put on IR. In the middle of that was a two week stretch where Cam couldn't practice due to Covid, plus no preseason didn't help get them off on an optimal start. Despite that, he had his highest single game for yards in his career week 2 versus Seattle. I'm not sure he never connected, I just think 2020 was a s**tshow.

Injury played a huge role in that. He started the season already hurt and deteriorated as the year went on until he had to be put on IR. In the middle of that was a two week stretch where Cam couldn't practice due to Covid, plus no preseason didn't help get them off on an optimal start. Despite that, he had his highest single game for yards in his career week 2 versus Seattle. I'm not sure he never connected, I just think 2020 was a s**tshow.

Yes, the Seattle game showed what might have been possible. Edelman was moving freely and Cam's throwing was at least decent. Things went downhill from there, unfortunately.

I doubt he gets serious consideration but he makes for an interesting case given the post season records and SB MVP.

I don’t think there’s currently precedent for it but there should be exceptions for great post season players.
They could call it the Lynn Swann exception.

3.4 million cap savings, release Jules. Your a Pat's H.O.F. player, it was great having you here. We have to move on this year, needs are at a high level!

Let's see what he has left before putting him out to pasture........One player isn't going to make or break the Pats season unless it's Cam :)
why do we want to pay a year of compensation (and a roster spot) to a player who will give us 6 games in the middle of the season? Who among you believes that Edelman will be healthy for the playoffs?

Good job wasting your time finding quotes and articles which did nothing to further your original post or address the main points of my reply. I don’t know if it’s a lack of intelligence or lack of reading comprehension or both but let me try again:

Gronk’s thigh hematoma was, I’m sure, very painful and it sounds frightening to someone without a medical background but it was not a career-threatening injury in his case. It was successfully treated with a medical procedure and physically he would have been 100% by the start of the 2019 training camp. The longer-term damage was psychological.

In contrast, Edelman has a chronic, degenerative knee condition that can’t be fixed or even adequately improved with rest or surgery. Mentally he is still “all-in” but his knee is unlikely to allow him to return to anywhere close to his former self.

No need to snap mate. I was asking which one is worse. I didn’t know. Thanks for the clarification.

haha au contraire, I am regularly referred to by friends and family as beaming with positivity and optimism.
This is hard to believe, internet trolls are almost always people who are so miserable that they feel the need to go online and try to antagonize other people, simply because that’s the only morsel of happiness they can squeeze out of their day. You could be the exception but I seriously doubt it.

Just a thought...there was some talk about Gronk taking too long to decide if he was going to retire which ended up us losing out on Cook for a TE. Is there the same issue around Edelman making a decision if he can play or not , leaving us without a No 1 receiver ? Maybe we should hear before the draft so the team could pick a replacement. Possibly a mix between Gunnar and Jacobi would take up those snaps.
I think Bill has already made plans to move on from him given he signed Agholor and Bourne. I see Myers picking up where he left off last year as well.

This is hard to believe, internet trolls are almost always people who are so miserable that they feel the need to go online and try to antagonize other people, simply because that’s the only morsel of happiness they can squeeze out of their day. You could be the exception but I seriously doubt it.

What makes me an internet troll? The fact that I am critical of BB’s decision to let go of Brady without an adequate replacement resulting in worse performance than we could have otherwise achieved? So for all my life I wasn’t a troll. And for 8 years on this forum I wasn’t a troll. But since I criticised BB’s decision I am now a troll?

You can only accuse me of not dropping this topic and moving on. But fact remains that BB hasn’t solved the QB problem still, dooming us to more mediocrity till he does. And he is deserving of the criticism coming his way. And this may eventually cost him his job if performance doesn’t improve soonish.

Last edited:
Just a thought...there was some talk about Gronk taking too long to decide if he was going to retire which ended up us losing out on Cook for a TE. Is there the same issue around Edelman making a decision if he can play or not , leaving us without a No 1 receiver ? Maybe we should hear before the draft so the team could pick a replacement. Possibly a mix between Gunnar and Jacobi would take up those snaps.
Agholor, Meyers/Bourne, Harry, Gunner...camp bodies (Byrd, maybe)...draft pick(s) - I expect 1, and it will be a day 3 pick - maybe Shi Smith? - unless one of the blue chipper 3 falls to 15, then maybe.

The first five on that list are enough when you add in Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, and James White.

Pats should release him so he can sign a vet min with the Bucs. Perhaps he can also catch some SB TDs like our ex receivers Gronk and AB.

1618259631818.gif

Gonna miss Jules. The dude is a warrior and was nails in the playoffs.

He definitely would have made an acrobatic catch of that off-target but catchable Brady pass that Welker couldn’t hold on to in the second Giants SB.

What makes me an internet troll? The fact that I am critical of BB’s decision to let go of Brady without an adequate replacement resulting in worse performance than we could have otherwise achieved? So for all my life I wasn’t a troll. And for 8 years on this forum I wasn’t a troll. But since I criticised BB’s decision I am now a troll?

You can only accuse me of not dropping this topic and moving on. But fact remains that BB hasn’t solved the QB problem still, dooming us to more mediocrity till he does. And he is deserving of the criticism coming his way. And this may eventually cost him his job if performance doesn’t improve soonish.
What makes you an internet troll?

Your posts.

You aren’t interested in talking about the team and the direction it’s going in, or anything related to that, you are solely interested in trying by to antagonize fans in this forum. And that is what separates interested posters and readers in any forum from those who are trolling, the desire to get a reaction, almost always s negative, from those in that forum, be it arts, politics, sport or anything else.

There’s a ton of sh.t to talk about with the Patriots right now, but you seem uninterested in most of it, your primary interest is in antagonizing others. So that is why so many, myself included, call you a troll.

Last edited:
I got it, I got it!

Thanks Juju <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore