PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Steelers at Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So, who do we want to win? The obvious choice is the Bengals since it would be great for the Steelers to go down a game, but then would they be more desperate for a win next week against us? Is it a bad thing if they are desperate?

This can also serve as a discussion thread for the game.

Last edited:
I hope for a very physical game given that the Steelers will have one less day to get treatment, etc, etc...

100% behind the Bengals--every loss for the Steelers is a win for us, because along with INDY they are the most top dog team that we ultimately will have to deal with at season's end.

So, who do we want to win? The obvious choice is the Bengals since it would be great for the Steelers to go down a game, but then would they be more desperate for a win next week against us? Is it a bad thing if they are desperate?
Interesting question. Emotion aside, it would ake sense to root for the Bengals. But, I agree, a Steeler loss would make them really dangerous next week, not that they're not dangerous enough.

I'll be shocked by anything other than a thorough drubbing by the Steelers.

Interesting question. Emotion aside, it would ake sense to root for the Bengals. But, I agree, a Steeler loss would make them really dangerous next week, not that they're not dangerous enough.

So, since the Patriots lost to the Browns, wouldn't they be even more dangerous next week?

I want the steelers to win.I dont wanna face them going into a two game losing streak.

I want the Steelers to lose. That's the obvious choice. The Pats lost to the Fredos. I don't think we have to worry about the Pats being up for this game.

I hope for a very physical game given that the Steelers will have one less day to get treatment, etc, etc...

I'm with 102 on this .............. :yeahthat:

exactly what was on my mind all afternoon as I listened to the onslaught of the crazed cubicle dweebs on EEI....a real smashmouth, week in the whirlpool type game....if BB can get these guys focused this week, they could beat a banged up Steeler squad to the punch. The one thing I don't think the Pats can do,especially with the Steelers, is play undisciplined on running plays. They MUST set the edge and plug the gaps like it's being coached or they'll get beat...I think it's that simple.

So, since the Patriots lost to the Browns, wouldn't they be even more dangerous next week?
Perhaps, but on the road and they didn't lose with the world watching on MNF.

Perhaps, but on the road and they didn't lose with the world watching on MNF.

Well, no way I'm rooting for the Steelers tonight. Pats lost to Mangini and an allegedly much lesser team; they'll be fired up either way.

Well, there you go. The rout is on?

Great start for the Bengals. Should Lewis start packing now?

Marvin Lewis is another coach that will probably be fired at the end of the season.

Man... I don't feel good about next week guys... The steelers just are bigger and better than the patriots.. Its gonna take at least 3 TOs and perfect play by brady to win IMO

I'm already nervous

Well tonight should clinch possibly the worst NFL weekend of the year.

That's still Week 2 for me.

Lost to the Jest.
Phins won.
Colts won.
Steelers won.

This can also serve as a discussion thread for the game.

LKate to the party. I was pondering the same thing. Ultimately a loss tonight would be good down the road, but a must win additude sun would suck.

Agreed. By the time the Raiders game rolled around I was dazed and wandering around my apartment muttering incoherently to myself while my girlfriend wisely hid in the bedroom watching girlfriend television stuff.

Go Bengals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore