PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF Early Game: Swamp Things versus Rustbuckets

This Washington D is legit.

Has Pittsburgh played a legit passing QB all year? Maybe just Watson

That looked like a clear first down on that stretch. Am I crazy?
The ball was several feet out of bounds when that image was taken. Even though the player had not yet stepped out of bounds, you only get the yardage up to the point where the ball crossed the sideline. IMHO they made the right call.

The ball was several feet out of bounds when that image was taken. You only get the yardage up to the point where the ball crossed the sideline. IMHO they made the right call.

Edit: oh I see what you are saying.

Last edited:
So happy the fcking NFL put the game on for us folks LOCKED THE FCK DOWN! Really! EVERY DAMN game should be available! Its the damn PANDEMIC of the century. What else am I supposed to do!!??

Ford, your customers are NOT looking forward to electric F150s....sorry

The ball was several feet out of bounds when that image was taken. Even though the player had not yet stepped out of bounds, you only get the yardage up to the point where the ball crossed the sideline. IMHO they made the right call.

He was still in bounds from what I’ve seen. Unless they have some sort of secretive camera angle, I don’t know.

Washingtons offense looks like ours if we weren’t allowed to run the ball. Pathetic

He was still in bounds from what I’ve seen. Unless they have some sort of secretive camera angle, I don’t know.
When they showed the double image on TV (as seen in the above tweet) it sure looks to me like the player's feet were in bounds, but most of his body - including the ball - was well out of bounds. The proper spot of the ball is the point where it crossed the out of bounds line, not the forward-most spot of the ball when the player went down.

Think of it like a punt that goes out of bounds. The ball is placed where the punt crossed the plane of the out of bounds line, not where it landed.

When they showed the double image on TV (as seen in the above tweet) it sure looks to me like the player's feet were in bounds, but most of his body - including the ball - was well out of bounds. The proper spot of the ball is the point where it crossed the out of bounds line, not the forward-most spot of the ball when the player went down.

Think of it like a punt that goes out of bounds. The ball is placed where the punt crossed the plane of the out of bounds line, not where it landed.
I believe you are correct.

Item 3. Runner Inbounds. If the ball, while in possession of a player who is inbounds, is declared out of bounds because of touching anything that is out of bounds, the out-of-bounds spot is the yard line through the forward point of the ball at the instant of such touching.

Last edited:
Alex Smith cheating lol, taking the regular ball with him to the sidelines and forcing the refs to call timeout so they can put in the K ball.

I was gonna say before tonight I wouldn’t have minded a look at alex smith as a stopgap next year, but I think id rather have hoyer .

Last edited:
Alex Smith cheating lol taking the regular ball with him to the sidelines and forcing the refs to call timeout.
Imagine Harbaugh, if Brady had done that.

1607384879857.gif

So no credit for Steelers D?

never said no credit there, theyve been great. But smith is still ass now. Understood with the injury

Show me the holding in that play???

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back