PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF 12/12 Pre-game thread: Pats @ Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have a chance with ZAPPE I'm DONE with Mac Jones.
I thought Mac played well against the Bills. In fact most of the season given what his OL and OC issues have been. Has kept the fire through very tough times.

Do you think we need a "true number 1" like Jefferson, Diggs, Adams, Chase, AJ Brown? I think our skilled position players are good enough if we have a good O-line to go along with a "full time Offensive Coordinator, and have our current receiving corps to match with Rham, Jonnu and Hunter.
With what I believe to be Mac's ceiling then an elite WR1 is needed. You're naming the cream of crop there so yeah anyone on that list would do.

We mostly agree on the current skill position players, I like our WRs collectively with Henry and Stevenson adding to the passing game mix. I didn't like the Jonnu signing and he's done nothing to change my opinion. I think an above average, top-12ish quarterback could be successful with the current supporting class but that's also after a new OC is hired. Mac looks like a guy who would need a brilliant WR1 to reach his potential... unfortunately the 2023 WR FA class looks pretty thin at the moment.

With what I believe to be Mac's ceiling then an elite WR1 is needed. You're naming the cream of crop there so yeah anyone on that list would do.

We mostly agree on the current skill position players, I like our WRs collectively with Henry and Stevenson adding to the passing game mix. I didn't like the Jonnu signing and he's done nothing to change my opinion. I think an above average, top-12ish quarterback could be successful with the current supporting class but that's also after a new OC is hired. Mac looks like a guy who would need a brilliant WR1 to reach his potential... unfortunately the 2023 WR FA class looks pretty thin at the moment.
I think that's right. It seems like the Dolphins should be the blueprint with how they built around Tua to allow him to play a lot better. But the Dolphins have both the supporting cast and a real OC to do it.

Mac was bad last season after week 13. Five collectively bad games with McDaniels. Don't get me wrong, Patricia is a huge problem, but Mac hasn't been playing well since last December.
I think he's playing well now, with a bad OL.

Reiss saying Bourne could be inactive for calling out Patricia's dogshit offense. That's gonna be a last straw thing for me. Bourne has shown he can produce with Mac. Patricia hasn't shown jackshit. Imagine Meyers can't go and Bourne is made inactive. Belichick's nepotism for Patricia hurting the team

Reiss saying Bourne could be inactive for calling out Patricia's dogshit offense. That's gonna be a last straw thing for me. Bourne has shown he can produce with Mac. Patricia hasn't shown jackshit. Imagine Meyers can't go and Bourne is made inactive. Belichick's nepotism for Patricia hurting the team

Patricia is not related to BB.

KB called out the o-line - not Patricia. That was douchy.

Yup, these legit number one receivers no longer get taken out by Bills game plans anymore for whatever reason. Plus they two really good edge rushers and our tackles have brown as of late. Plus Jacobs is a beast as well.
That's been my concern with our secondary after being considered elite when shutting down teams during easy part of the season. In the last 2 games against elite receivers, Jonathan Jones & Dugger have been exposed, each allowing TDs in both games and high passer ratings.

vs Bills:
Screenshot_20221205-134658_Firefox.jpg

vs Vikings:
Screenshot_20221202-223616_Firefox.jpg

And we still have to face 5 of the top 10 receivers in 4 of the last 5. Hopkins is no joke either (6'1") going against JJ (5'10").

Screenshot_20221205-135850_Firefox.jpg

We're not going to stop these teams from scoring TDs. Can our offense keep up?

Don't think we're thinking qb with our 1st pick next draft, I would expect us to target OT in the 1st round.
Then it would definitely help being in the top 10.

Just doing what's best for the football team.

I would promote the fat body they have behind Matty now and move Patricia into a "behind the scenes" role, kind of like Ernie Adams.
Lol, what fat body?

Stopping the run isn't hard when Patricia doesn't call running plays. The Pats ran 14 times vs the Bills. Against the Vikings they ran 13 times. Stevenson had 5.1 YPC vs the Vikes and 5.4 YPC vs the Bills and ran it for a combined 17 times in those two games. Other teams don't need to stop the Patriots from running the ball. Patricia takes care of that just fine on his own.
That's why Fat Matt has been voted #1 OC by the NFL DCs. They think he's an All Star and are envious that he was promoted from DC to OC.

It's a sin not to give Rham more touches. I don't get it.
It's not that complicated. Teams are stacking the box to stop the run. Patricia as a former DC recognizes that and is attacking with passes. According to Warner, he's using simple schemes that can work. His only gripe is with the small details within these concepts (WR routes w/ inside vs outside leverage, etc. to create better separation).

That's why Bill is saying the concepts should work but there's a lack of consistency. Either there's a penalty called on the OL or they don't block properly or Mac doesn't see the open receiver or WR drops a pass or runs wrong route, etc. Bill seems to think it's on the players performing, pushing back in a way, on blaming it all on the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back