PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF 12/12 Pre-game thread: Pats @ Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we keep up? we are going to have to score some serious points to have a chance in the next Four. I like the way our Defense is playing but don't think they can overcome a sluggish Offense.

If Wynn and Brown are out, we're in trouble. That means Cajuste and McDermott at LT & RT. Yikes!
Also, Meyers better get cleared of any concussion stuff.
And, either way, I hope we see a lot of Marcus at Slot WR - we can't not use a spark like that.

Mills was missed last week. He's become quite dependable. Bryant and Jack Jones are inconsistent.
Sadly, DMC has lost a significant step this year, and hasn't shown the willingness/speed to defend on the YAC, or run plays.
Also, when will Thornton make a difference finally? He's getting morphed into this soul-sucking offense that has only proven to eradicate any natural talent these WR's had.

If Wynn and Brown are out, we're in trouble. That means Cajuste and McDermott at LT & RT. Yikes!
Also, Meyers better get cleared of any concussion stuff.
And, either way, I hope we see a lot of Marcus at Slot WR - we can't not use a spark like that.
Please don't say that name he's the worse Tackle I have seen play to date. :headscratch: :mad:

Injury report: Did Wynn just give up on the season? This guy never practices anymore.

Whats az’s dl like? I remember we mostly throttled minny’s pass rush with ferentz and cadjuste in there. But good dl’s have killed us

You would think Hopkins will get past the "illness" by Monday. Moore is something to watch though. Based on how Arizona had been talking it sounded like they expected him back after the bye which doesn't seem to be the case anymore. He's a dynamic slot receiver so his absence really screws up their game plan. His backup Greg Dortch has flashed here and there but he's lower on the depth chart for a reason. They already lost Ertz for the season and their replacements TEs are doing nothing.

He could still do that - I'd guess "dramatic changes" means changing the offensive scheme with a new OC, whereas changing the person calling the plays within the same scheme who already works on the staff is not "dramatic."

I'd guess if it was anyone to take over it would probably be Bill. Judge already lost out to Patricia, and Nick Caley seems bound to leave anyway. So who else?
Maybe Bill knows the whole thing is FUBAR and doesn't want to be more embrassed personally. Patricia can take the fall.

It was Bill that wanted to change the offense after McDaniels left.
Problem is other than the rookie LG, we didn’t have the type of smaller, more athletic linemen to run the outside zone scheme that proved such a disaster in the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes