PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Milestones 2018 -2019 New England Patriots Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the record books, there are some fascinating team, coaching and individual milestones for the Patriots in 2018-2019.

With a Super Bowl win, the Patriots can tie the Steelers for most SB wins at 6

Tom Brady needs 21 TDs to pass Peyton Manning for most TD passes in NFL history, including post-season

Rob Gronkowski can pass Tony Gonzales for most seasons with 1,000 yards receiving in 2018

With two playoff wins, the Patriots can pass the Steelers for the most playoff wins in NFL history. The Pats are in a logjam with the Packers and the Cowboys with 34 wins, and the Steelers are at 35. It is possible that all four teams end up tied after this year's playoffs. Good company.

Lots more out there. Please add what you find.

Great thread! I'd love to check in on the progress during the season.

Right now Belichick is tied with Landry for 3rd most wins. With a win against the Texans on Sunday, he would take sole possession of 3rd place. Coaches, Records, and Coaching Totals | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If we don't include post season, Brady has an extremely slim chance at the TD record this season. Realistically, though, he will need two seasons to overtake Manning (539 vs 488).

NFL Passing Touchdowns Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I believe Brady only needs 3 more unique TD recipients to become the all time leader in TD passes to different players (but I'd appreciate if someone could fact-check me on that one, since this article is from last season). Look out, Vinny Testaverde: Tom Brady in pursuit of unique TD record

Oh, and we all know the most important milestone: Will Brady finally reach 1,000 yards rushing? Who cares about Super Bowls; this is the real prize. :D

Last edited:
I can't believe you left out that Brady needs 32 yards rushing to make himself a 1,000 yards rusher*

*for his career

Stephen Gostkowski has averaged about 135 points per year (although I should note that he missed half the year in 2010, and that his field goals attempted number was very low his first year; accounting for these anomalies, his average is closer to 140 per year). Currently, he has 1613 career points, good for 18th all time. With another average season -- regardless of 135 or 140 average -- he would move into 12th all time, and easily within striking distance of the top 10 for next season. He needs at least 5 seasons after that to move into the top 3.

Gostkowski is 3rd all time for field goal percentage. If he ties his best year (35 of 37) this year, then he would squeak into 2nd of all time for career field goal percentage. Unlikely, but still possible with an incredible season. NFL Field Goal % Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

As an aside, Adam Vinatieri will likely take the top scoring spot sometime this season (from Morten Anderson). Incredible career. Even though he's now been a Colt longer than a Patriot, I'll always have an enormous amount of respect and fondness for what he accomplished for the Patriots. Tough for a kicker to make the Hall of Fame, but he deserves a spot.

Last edited:
If we don't include post season, Brady has an extremely slim chance at the TD record this season. Realistically, though, he will need two seasons to overtake Manning (539 vs 488).

Yeah I think it will take two years. However he needs 21 to pass Favre for second place (508). He also has to stay ahead of Drew Brees. Last year Brady had 9 more TD passes than Brees (which was surprising to me) so hopefully that trend remains the same.

Also, if and when Brady does pass Manning, he probably won't have a pre-planned dog and pony show ready to go.

The Importance of Peyton Manning's Lame Touchdown Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back