PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman - Gronk comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady will want Gronk back this season and Gronk will come back.

Thats all you need to know.

What Brady wants Brady gets. Even if Gronks locker is taken thats all part of the game that Brady and Gronk are playing on the doubters.

A couple things. Of course Belichick has to move on, even if Gronk told him he’s coming back (can’t count on hin). But there is some cap space left $6.5 million) if Gronk wanted to make a mid-season return. If he comes back after the bye week, then a $3-4 million contract is not unreasonable for the remainder of 2019. Second, we don’t know what kind of offense we will have without him - more 3 WR sets? Perhaps, but we’ll find out soon enough.

Yes, I pretty much agree with your points. But I don't see how they connect with your position of seeing breadcrumbs (i.e. no press conference, no direct replacement ectl) of a Gronk return.

Given what you just wrote is it wrong to say that we can all agree that we don't know what will happen but given that he retired it is more likely than not that he will stay retired ? Even if it is a 40:60 proposition.

Yes, I pretty much agree with your points. But I don't see how they connect with your position of seeing breadcrumbs (i.e. no press conference, no direct replacement ectl) of a Gronk return.

Given what you just wrote is it wrong to say that we can all agree that we don't know what will happen but given that he retired it is more likely than not that he will stay retired ? Even if it is a 40:60 proposition.

No press conference is an indicator to me that he’s at least thinking about returning. Just think about - the Pats don’t have a retirement presser for the greatest TE of all time and a first ballot HOFer? If the Pats give away number 87 to someone else, then it’s almost certain he’ll stay retired.

And i agree. None of us know what Gronk is thinking. And I would put the percentage of him staying retired at 80%.

And i agree. None of us know what Gronk is thinking. And I would put the percentage of him staying retired at 80%.

Given that you give it a 20:80 chance I really dont understand what you folks were arguing about the last few pages. I think 20% is a pretty realistic outlook.

Given that you give it a 20:80 chance I really dont understand what you folks were arguing about the last few pages. I think 20% is a pretty realistic outlook.

I was arguing there’s a small chance Gronk could come back. SammyCat was arguing that there is a 0% chance of him returning.

I was arguing there’s a small chance Gronk could come back. SammyCat was arguing that there is a 0% chance of him returning.

Not my exact words but since this is a yes or no question as a practical matter he is done.

TommyBrady12 is posting with his heart instead of using facts.
That is not necessarily bad. It is good to have a heart.

This is my last post in this thread. I am tired of going in circles.

I know what Gronk is thinking. He's thinking "Man I am enjoying this break and then I can't wait to come back in heroic fashion by week 10 and get another ring."

Not my exact words but since this is a yes or no question as a practical matter he is done.

TommyBrady12 is posting with his heart instead of using facts.
That is not necessarily bad. It is good to have a heart.

This is my last post in this thread. I am tired of going in circles.

You obviously have a reading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots