Mid Day Gripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

b72s

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Disregarding money issue,

Would we have better off with 2010 Raiders pick R. McClain or Pouncey

Versus 17th this year with all the DE Depth????

McClain would look very nice in our uni

Possibly, but it wasn't on the table. The choice was the Raiders 2nd round pick in 2010 or the 1st in 2011. So you could conceivably find a guy who went after the Raiders pick in the 2nd round and say "Wouldn't we be better off with X?", but that isn't particularly helpful.

we don't need another ILB....Pouncey would have been good......Suh would have been better

Best of all: We should've kept Richard Seymour.

And we should've traded...Randy Moss.

I have little doubt we could've cadged a 1st Rounder in 2009, not 2011.

How does Randy Moss to the RedSkins for #13 ~ Brian Orakpo ~ sound??

And of course, with Seymour and Orakpo aboard, there would've been no need for that ATROCITY of a trade, where we flushed away a 3rd and a 5th in the 2010 Draft for Derrick Burgess. :mad:

How ironic that the Raiders then swapped that 3rd Rounder for OLB Kamerion Wimbley, who immediately racked up 9 Sacks.

2010 Patriots

+ DE Richard Seymour
+ OLB Brian Orakpo
+ OLB Kamerion Wimbley

Does anybody think we wouldn't've won another Super Bowl??

Don't peddle the Grizzlies.

Ah. So the 2009 Redskins, who had dire needs on the DL and didn't draft a single offensive player before round 7, would have leapt at the chance to hand the Patriots #13 overall for a 32-year-old wide receiver?

Gotta ground those fantasies in a little reality, my friend. ;)

Ah. So the 2009 Redskins, who had dire needs on the DL and didn't draft a single offensive player before round 7, would have leapt at the chance to hand the Patriots #13 overall for a 32-year-old wide receiver?

This is Dan Snyder we're talking about. . . . ;)

And of course, with Seymour and Orakpo aboard, there would've been no need for that ATROCITY of a trade, where we flushed away a 3rd and a 5th in the 2010 Draft for Derrick Burgess. :mad:

How ironic that the Raiders then swapped that 3rd Rounder for OLB Kamerion Wimbley, who immediately racked up 9 Sacks.

Is that the worst trade of the BB era? And isn;t it the only trade of the BB era made in total desperation? Maybe it might be #2 to the CB we traded for a few years back.

I still say that if Wimbley was drafted by us, he would have had an all pro career.

Is that the worst trade of the BB era? And isn;t it the only trade of the BB era made in total desperation? Maybe it might be #2 to the CB we traded for a few years back.

I still say that if Wimbley was drafted by us, he would have had an all pro career.

Let's not short Doug Gabriel. Actually, I'm not 100% that Doug was his first name. I know he was good enough that we cut him and the Raiders got him back for free.

Last edited:
Best of all: We should've kept Richard Seymour.

2010 Patriots

+ DE Richard Seymour
+ OLB Brian Orakpo
+ OLB Kamerion Wimbley

Does anybody think we wouldn't've won another Super Bowl??

Don't peddle the Grizzlies.

You are aware that the gentleman running the RedSkins is named Dan Snyder, right? ;)

Nobody's saying that wouldn't've been a STUPID move.

But a realistic move?

Without question.

For Snyder to trade a 1st Rounder for the best Wide Out in the game, one year after his 23 TD's, when the RedSkins had a GAPING hole at that position??

In an HEARTBEAT, he would've made that move. :cool:

This is Dan Snyder we're talking about. . . . ;)

Whoops! Beat me to it!!
jester.gif

Is that the worst trade of the BB era? And isn't it the only trade of the BB era made in total desperation? Maybe it might be #2 to the CB we traded for a few years back.

Good points, Bro.

Dwayne Stark...OY. :bricks:

Let's not short Doug Gabriel. Actually, I'm not 100% that Doug was his first name. I know he was good enough that we cut him and the Raiders got him back for free.

Oh, GOD, that was awfull!!
jester.gif

i think at the time it was a good deal. we all thought the raiders 2011 first round pick would be a top 10. didnt work out that way. nonetheless. we missed Seymour two years ago. He wouldnt have been with us last season anyways

all in all, i think im happy the way things worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back