PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Onwenu

It's such a huge WIN to have him plus the new guy at RT. They have stepped right in and formed what collectively is an elite offensive line unit. Forjhodt better watch out he may get bumped.

Eleumenor arrived out of shape and having lost his work ethic. They seem to have corrected that so we will now see what his potential might be. He is getting lots of help from TEs still. The line is set until Andrews returns. After that, I think there will be competition at RT between Eleumenor and Onwenu. Will be tough to sit MO IMO.

Eleumenor arrived out of shape and having lost his work ethic. They seem to have corrected that so we will now see what his potential might be. He is getting lots of help from TEs still. The line is set until Andrews returns. After that, I think there will be competition at RT between Eleumenor and Onwenu. Will be tough to sit MO IMO.

A good battle ! OLine is looking really good

I think Eleumenor starts the remainder of the season at RT. Tackles make more then other OL positions and I think he is motivated in a Trent Brown kinda way.

Hey dum dum. He's still a young unknown guy who stepped into a big role because Cannon opted out. He wasn't even playing RT last year. Completely new for us at RT. And started 0 games last year. But keep being abrasive and the biggest j-ass on this forum.

Ahh.. The spin machine in action. Of course you have to f'in LIE about what you mean. You said "new guy". That doesn't mean new position. That means NEW TO THE TEAM. Whether or not he started has no bearing on his status as being new to the team.

It's amazing how you call ME the abrasive one, but you get a hair across your ass whenever someone calls you out on your BS..

I think Eleumenor starts the remainder of the season at RT. Tackles make more then other OL positions and I think he is motivated in a Trent Brown kinda way.

Yup. He has bought in. He is very strong and nimble, but buying in is why he is playing.

WHy on earth would you think that? He was playing great before he broke his finger. Unless you consider a broken finger a sign of being washed up?

because I believe he is putting his future quality of life in jeopardy by continuing to play.

before he does permanent damage, he should do a Frederick!

And he's doing it for the first time for the Pats as a starter, having started no games last year.
Because he was awful last year. He played 17 games with 3 starts with the Ravens before the Pats traded for him and then was considered a giant disappointment last year.

because I believe he is putting his future quality of life in jeopardy by continuing to play.

before he does permanent damage, he should do a Frederick!
You don't suppose he might have the best possible medical advice available to him?

You don't suppose he might have the best possible medical advice available to him?

maybe? Truth is, we do not know what the doctors have or have not said. We do know blood clots is a serious medical condition.

no doubt he has been cleared to play now, but at what cost to his future? Is his competitive drive overwhelming his common sense?

maybe? Truth is, we do not know what the doctors have or have not said. We do know blood clots is a serious medical condition.

no doubt he has been cleared to play now, but at what cost to his future? Is his competitive drive overwhelming his common sense?

The issue here is that we don't know what the cause is. I presume he and the team do know. Depending on the situation, he may not be at a significant risk of recurrence (e.g., Tedy Bruschi's stroke was caused by a previously undiagnosed heart condition; fixing that essentially eliminated any excess risk).

The issue here is that we don't know what the cause is. I presume he and the team do know. Depending on the situation, he may not be at a significant risk of recurrence (e.g., Tedy Bruschi's stroke was caused by a previously undiagnosed heart condition; fixing that essentially eliminated any excess risk).

didn’t he have a second stroke later on?

didn’t he have a second stroke later on?

No, he didn't. Eight months after his stroke, which was caused by a small hole in his heart, he was back on the field and had 10 tackles in his first game back.

Okay, so I usually get pretty into the draft, so I was familiar with this guy before we drafted him. I felt he was a little under-rated as a power run scheme OG. But, I thought he’d be drafted by someone like Balt. or Tenn. When we got him, it made sense since Mason is a little similar, and some game plans seem to entail running a power scheme (like the Raider game). It’s encouraging that he’s doing well in pass pro, but none of the IDL we’ve faced have been among the best. The best we’ve faced have been Wilkins of Miami and Hurst of the Raiders, who both had decent days against us. Still, I think he might be the best 6th round find we’ve ever had. ;)

Let’s see what happens with Chris Jones (shiver)...

With Andrews being a UFA next year also, I wonder how it'll all play out. Could Onwenu take over for Thuney next year, or could Thuney even replace Andrews at C? He would be a pretty expensive center. Dream scenario is Thuney kicks out to RT and they keep him and Andrews with Onwenu taking over at LG but I don't see that happening.

With Andrews being a UFA next year also, I wonder how it'll all play out. Could Onwenu take over for Thuney next year, or could Thuney even replace Andrews at C? He would be a pretty expensive center. Dream scenario is Thuney kicks out to RT and they keep him and Andrews with Onwenu taking over at LG but I don't see that happening.

I think BB franchised Thuney because he wanted 1 more year to look at Froholdt and Cajuste. Since Herron and Onwenu are playing that would seem to confirm that either Herron and Onwenu are "finds", or Froholdt and Cajuste might be busts, or maybe all four will work out and we need to be patient. I think BB and the staff needed another year to figure it out (being patient), and that is why Thuney was franchised, but Thuney will not be back - he will be too expensive.

Andrews will sign a bargain deal, he is a Patriot for life, his wife and he are part of the whole community. The Patriots are only waiting to sign him due to his absence last year - IMO. We can save the $$ on Thuney and get a 3rd round pick or offset for signing someone else BB has in mind.

I am sure a smoother transfer of coaching duties from Dante also helped with the franchise tag decision on Thuney to stabilize the OL for a year when coaching was changing.

I think BB franchised Thuney because he wanted 1 more year to look at Froholdt and Cajuste. Since Herron and Onwenu are playing that would seem to confirm that either Herron and Onwenu are "finds", or Froholdt and Cajuste might be busts, or maybe all four will work out and we need to be patient. I think BB and the staff needed another year to figure it out (being patient), and that is why Thuney was franchised, but Thuney will not be back - he will be too expensive.

Andrews will sign a bargain deal, he is a Patriot for life, his wife and he are part of the whole community. The Patriots are only waiting to sign him due to his absence last year - IMO. We can save the $$ on Thuney and get a 3rd round pick or offset for signing someone else BB has in mind.

I am sure a smoother transfer of coaching duties from Dante also helped with the franchise tag decision on Thuney to stabilize the OL for a year when coaching was changing.

Belichick is reasonably prepared for 2021, but there are serious open questions.

THE UFA's
Thuney, Andrews, Eluemunor
It is difficult to overstate the danger of having 3 starters UFA on a top OL.

TH INJURY QUESTION MARK
Cannon
Is he still worth $6M a year?

THE KIDS
Froholdt
Cajuste
Onwenu
Herron

How many will be starters? Certainly, Belichick has been using the draft to bring in potential replacements.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back