PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Onwenu

I can not see us resigning either Andrew’s or thuney.

thuney is just too expensive.

Andrew’s probably needs to retire

I disagree. Especially if you take a step back and look what ELITE Linemen around the league are getting. Thuney is ELITE. And not at just one position. He's looking to be an ELITE center and may even have people wondering why the team didn't make the switch years ago.

Thuney will get a top level contract.

Andrews is 28. It's unlikely he's going to retire. There are teams around that could easily use him. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to trade for him this season before the trade deadline.

After Cannon retires/renegotiates/is released and Mason renegotiates/is released, there should be enough cap room to extend Thuney...and I don't know why Andrews needs to retire if his doctors have cleared him to play this season...

Maybe you misunderstood : when Andrews returns, he starts at C... I meant the rookie - who's played some RT - replaces the current starter at RT.
Which is Elumanuer who by all accounts is playing really well.

Its nice to make a find like Owenewu, but where in the great scheme of things does this leave Frodholt. Is he on IR or something?

Its nice to make a find like Owenewu, but where in the great scheme of things does this leave Frodholt. Is he on IR or something?
I think O will surpass E, despite the latter doing well. Time will tell. I think Fro is just « behind the others ». Maybe he needs more experience.

Froholdt has seen 16 snaps on Special Teams. Goal line or maybe XP.. Not sure which.

After Cannon retires/renegotiates/is released and Mason renegotiates/is released, there should be enough cap room to extend Thuney...and I don't know why Andrews needs to retire if his doctors have cleared him to play this season...

They already have more than enough to get Thuney extended. The fact you think that they're going to kick BOTH Cannon and Mason to the curb in a single off-season is hilarious.. And you wonder why you aren't taken seriously.

Froholdt was totally at a loss last year, but this year's camp reports were saying that he is much improved. Owenu just turned out to be special, particularly his ability to play multiple positions at a high level as a rookie in this Covid-shortened year.

Cajuste is my mind the big question. Apparently he's where Froholdt was last year; it's almost like he has to learn how to play again and that wasn't going to happen for him this year.

WHy on earth would you think that? He was playing great before he broke his finger. Unless you consider a broken finger a sign of being washed up?

Just been watching some plays on the Lazar twitter feed and there is an impressive play where Onwenu picks up a looper after his first block showing he does have some decent foot speed for a big man.

Mack H .......thanks for finding and posting the article , pretty good , and lets hope Onwenu continues to develope and solidify a place on the OL

Michael Onwenu 6th round pick 182

120 snaps
69 LG
37 RT
14 6th OL

0 sacks
0 hits
2 pressures

Highest graded rookie (all positions) in NFL PFF.

They may have something. Any draftniks know why he was a late round pick?

It's such a huge WIN to have him plus the new guy at RT. They have stepped right in and formed what collectively is an elite offensive line unit. Forjhodt better watch out he may get bumped.

It's such a huge WIN to have him plus the new guy at RT. They have stepped right in and formed what collectively is an elite offensive line unit. Forjhodt better watch out he may get bumped.

Eleumenor isn't "NEW". He was on the Pats all of last season. Pats traded for him from the Ravens right before the start of the season.

How do you not know this?

Eleumenor isn't "NEW". He was on the Pats all of last season. Pats traded for him from the Ravens right before the start of the season.

Hey dum dum. He's still a young unknown guy who stepped into a big role because Cannon opted out. He wasn't even playing RT last year. Completely new for us at RT. And started 0 games last year. But keep being abrasive and the biggest j-ass on this forum.

Last edited:
He played some RT in college.

He's new to the starting lineup.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back